Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Hickboy, Feb 24, 2008.
Cn u xplane to me plz?
Wat THE FUCK is an eleterant
For the same reason I abhorred James Joyce's FINNEGANS WAKE. If you can't write, don't type. If you can't communicate clearly, shut up. If you make mistakes, that's fine. I don't write in internetese because I find it annoying.
Clarity gets the point across than simplified spelling and Hip Hop jargon. Its not my argot.
i think he means illiterate
Agreed. There is always a direct correlation between the quality of a post and the correct use of grammar and spelling. I'm unclear how someone can claim to have a lucid thought yet be incapable of phrasing it in decent English.
It's one of my big pet peeves, along with confused homonyms:
My pet peeve...to, too and two. It is amazing how they are used incorrectly!
Yes, agreed. And these confused homonyms that make me cringe:
And the ever favorite:
Maybe if this site was more than just fantasy based penis boasting, it might be worth trying to debate the importance of good grammar.
But when most posts don't amount to much more than works of fiction written by a naked guy wanking as he types, I don't see it's too important.
jeez, vhat ist vith alll da backlashes aginst badd grammer n spellings? sum peeple hair are just two bitchi. it's not there problemme.
Assuming English is their first language, and/or they don't suffer from a disorder affecting writing ability I'd tend to agree, in principle. But typos and grammatical slips are inevitable, isn't affording them undue weight a source of unnecessary angst?
To me, understanding is far more important than strict adherence to linguistic rules. While both are desirable, I'll take the latter over the former, especially in such an informal forum as LPSG.:smile:
Aeiye djuhsst dowent nowe whuht evrieyewuhn iz taukieyeng uhbauwt.
Twenty-one reasons why English is hard to learn:
1. The bandage was wound around the wound.
2. The farm was used to produce produce.
3. The dump was so full it had to refuse more refuse.
4. We must polish the Polish furniture.
5. He could lead if he would get the lead out.
6. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
7. Since there was no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
8. A bass was painted on the head of the bass drum.
9. When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
10. I did not object to the object.
11. The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
12. There was a row among the oarsmen on how to row.
13. They were too close to the door to close it.
14. The buck does funny things when does are present.
15. A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
16. To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
17. The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
18. After a number of injections my jaw got number.
19. Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
20. I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
21. How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
I love it...!
The thing that pisses me off big time is ' I could care less'!
It's 'I couldn't care less'. Think about it..'I could care less' makes no sense at all!
I think that it is cool that people write. I wish that people read more. People need to read and comprehend what they are reading.
I know a guy. He has to have his wife read his Bible to him. And he fucks up Bible study. And he was a cook for a hot dog sale and fucked up hot dogs. Hot dogs!
Now, he wants to do a fishfry. I am eating at either Long John Silver's or Red Lobster on that day.
Is this the grammer gestapo thread? Its not Literate Penis Support Group.
I'm curious why you do this?
Because I find it funny that people would enjoy correcting other people.
yeah there definately eleterant.
Church people are sometimes scary.
ingorant collige fuck