Yahoo IM Closing Forever?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Today I rcv'd the following IM from someone I don't know and is not on my Yahoo IM or regular e-mail list. :confused: Is this for real? Are they really trying to get rid of Yahoo IM? I'd just as soon not SPAM my friends with this if it's not true.

I know AOL and MSN also offer free IM, but I like Yahoo it's easy and extremely user friendly.

eclipseti99 (10/23/2008 4:54:29 PM): Yahoo is shutting down on November 17th. They want to get rid of free messenger. If you delete this and don't pass it on, your name will be deleted. A lot of people have already been deleted. Right click on the group name of your buddylist and click, Send Instant Message to All in Group.. If you would like to keep your account for free send this to everyone on your list. This way we can know which accounts are being used and which accounts we can delete. Send this within 8 days and your account will remain free

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I love foolish people who believe in this shit. If they were closing you would get an official message from Yahoo. They make far too much money to shut down. You got forward pranked.

Not to mention something like that would make the news.

_Alexxx_

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't give that piece of shit a single minute of your time to even read it.

They make money, they keep improving it and the only way you could lose your Yahoo is if you don't give me your id

(had to give it a try :p)

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, I was wrong, stupid whatever. Having never received an IM from a person I didn't know before I guess I paniced. Mea culpa, mea culpa can we please get over it and move on. I have seriously had enough harassment here for one day. :frown1: :confused: :mad:

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
LPSG is going to be closed on November 17. If you respond to this thread in the next 8 days, you will be one of the ones that are allowed to stay.