yahoo messenger spammers from lpsg

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by mikeinsocal, Sep 10, 2010.

1. mikeinsocal

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've been using yahoo messenger for quite a while now with no issues. The past few days, two of my contacts suddenly become assholes. These two guys are from lpsg.org I have tried to delete them, and ignore them, but their messages keep coming through. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get them to stop? I thought about posting their yahoo I.d. On here, but I'm not sure that's the best way to handle it.

2. illinigradman

illinigradman Member

Have you considered reporting abuse. Under the help menu of the chat window. Also be sure you are running the most current version of the Yahoo IM client. It continues to improve spam issues. Lately though they have had troubles with random chats about an IQ test.

3. Cybearia

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah I got the IQ test randomness. Very odd. Stopped when I blocked them.

4. jumbo747jet

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

It could be a case of hijacked accounts as I know I have been receiving spam e-mails from people I know wouldn't have sent it themselves.

5. D_Crimea_River

D_Crimea_River Account Disabled

A lot of my contacts (not from here) have turned into arseholes as of late, don't know why, But it puts me off using IM quite a bit.

6. Max

Max New Member

People told me that they had received messages from me proudly declaring that I had an IQ of 115 (or similar) and suggesting that they log onto an IQ test website. Then a load of nonsense followed apparently.

I changed my yahoo password, which seemed to do the trick.

But it was embarrassing and annoying in all sorts of ways ... the fact that I hope my IQ might be a bit more than 115 :wink: was only part of it.

If anyone received these messages from me ... my apologies. I got quite a few myself. One tip: do not accept any 'friend' requests from strangers.

Draft saved Draft deleted