Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've been using yahoo messenger for quite a while now with no issues. The past few days, two of my contacts suddenly become assholes. These two guys are from lpsg.org I have tried to delete them, and ignore them, but their messages keep coming through. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get them to stop? I thought about posting their yahoo I.d. On here, but I'm not sure that's the best way to handle it.

illinigradman

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have you considered reporting abuse. Under the help menu of the chat window. Also be sure you are running the most current version of the Yahoo IM client. It continues to improve spam issues. Lately though they have had troubles with random chats about an IQ test.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
It could be a case of hijacked accounts as I know I have been receiving spam e-mails from people I know wouldn't have sent it themselves.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
People told me that they had received messages from me proudly declaring that I had an IQ of 115 (or similar) and suggesting that they log onto an IQ test website. Then a load of nonsense followed apparently.

I changed my yahoo password, which seemed to do the trick.

But it was embarrassing and annoying in all sorts of ways ... the fact that I hope my IQ might be a bit more than 115 :wink: was only part of it.

If anyone received these messages from me ... my apologies. I got quite a few myself. One tip: do not accept any 'friend' requests from strangers.