Yankees pitcher naked in locker room interview

nychguy79

Experimental Member
Media
After the Yankees clinched their postseason berth over Toronto on Tuesday, the clinching continued in the locker room. YES Network reporter Kim Jones was in the middle of interviewing team manager Joe Girardi when a player (with a #_5 jersey hung up in his locker. Possibly #65 pitcher Phil Hughes), dropped trous and showed his bare ass on live TV. By the look on Kim's face, I'm guessing that wasn't the clinch she was looking for.

Via Tabloid Prodigy

wilseb

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love baseball, but honestly, I have never understood why they must crowd around and interview them while they're attempting to change? Obviously they can't change while the press are right there at them, but they want to do anything but this interview. As a fan, I can wait a few minutes before the interviewer asks them some really thought-provoking questions like, 'So how did you feel after giving up three homers...' or whatever.

Rammajamma771

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Reminds me of the recent controversy about female reporter Ines Sainz of Mexico's TV Azteca where she claims she was sexually harassed by Jets player in the locker room. She said all she wanted was to be treated respectfully. Why doesn't Ines Sainz, Kim Jones and other female and male reporters show some mutual respect and wait outside the dressing room to do interviews? RESPECT is a two way street. Cameras don't need to be in a locker-room where men or women are stripping, showering and dressing. I don't recall men reporters inside the WNBA locker-rooms.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Exactly. If you don't like male nudity, get the fuck out of the locker room. Or give the job to someone who would like the job, like us.

Reminds me of the recent controversy about female reporter Ines Sainz of Mexico's TV Azteca where she claims she was sexually harassed by Jets player in the locker room. She said all she wanted was to be treated respectfully. Why doesn't Ines Sainz, Kim Jones and other female and male reporters show some mutual respect and wait outside the dressing room to do interviews? RESPECT is a two way street. Cameras don't need to be in a locker-room where men or women are stripping, showering and dressing. I don't recall men reporters inside the WNBA locker-rooms.

kingston8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
women don't belong in men's locker rooms. period.

Female news caster can wait for the player to shower and get decent before an interview. They Don't Belong in the Mens Locker Room!!! Let try a Male reporter in the Ladies Locker Room doing an interview.

READ THE SIGN ON THE DOOR

coloradosports

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You know this whole argument about women in the Lockerroom is something that I had to over come in my job. As an out gay man it was really difficult for me to work and get in the lockerroom with out the teams thinking that I was checking them out...not unlike why there are no out pro athletes....If you want to know more about my story message me and I can give you a link to a story about it.

blue27

Sexy Member
Media
Here is a question I've always had that never seems to come up - Are male reporters allowed in female sports locker rooms? I've never seen the locker room interviews in the WNBA or the LPGA or women's tennis. Personally, I think the locker room should be a private area and all reporters should wait in a press room until after the players are showered and changed.

Reactions: ShyLion