YAY 4 ME

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Androo@Jan 7 2005, 12:09 PM
Androo: Oooer ... penis shaped cake? I certainly hope it will be a large penis, I do have a lot of friends to share with here.

Hmmm.... I've got an Easter Bunny and some sort of Chess Piece mould. This could be interesting when properly juxtaposed...
[post=272878]Quoted post[/post]​

HEY EVERYONE it's HAPPY BUNNY!!!! hehehe

Kazon: Excellent..Way to go ASHLER :excl: See not all bad thing come through the mail....This renews my hope in getting that letter from Ed McMan :D

It reminds me of of college days...seems like long ago.

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oi! And I've picked up my books for next semester today and .. 470$ later ...

Creative Nonfiction Writing: 3 books
Gay and Lesbian Literature: 6 Books
The Bible in Literature: 7 Books
French II: 2 books
Intro To Music: 1 Book, and one CD set

19 books for 5 classes.... I'm scared.

Zora: Like you've room to talk, smart ass :p

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by ashlar@Jan 8 2005, 03:18 PM

[post=273170]Quoted post[/post]​
Ashlar, you are taking quite a mix of classes. I would love to sit in (without tests and term papers) on theat Gay ald Lesbian Literature and Bible in lIterature classes. I don't know about the Gay and Lesbian Literature at all and would find it informative. I think you will find some of the best literature in the world in the so called King James edition of the Bible. Of course none of it was written in English originally and some translations don't have the literary flow that the King James Verion has.

In the Bible you will in the midst of all that is there good and bad the eternal truths. I hope that your teacher understands that the Bible must like any ancient text be interpreted for modern livng by our culture. You have to know the culture then to understand why some of it happened the way it happened. And I don't know if you will cover this or not, but a lot of what the people said and did and some o it in God's name, the Bible says God did not approve of then. It will be an intersting class to take.

Keep us posted on both classes. In your Bible literature, if I can be of help let me know. My father had a degree in ancient history and was a minister as well. He knew all about how the Bible really was written and how bits and pieces of things were put together to form the present day books of the Bible and when the Councils were held to decide which books to include in the Bible and which ones to leave out. And there were several ancient texts of the Jewish and Christian peoples that didn't make it to the Bible.

I would love to study some of those books to find out why thy didn't make it.

Good luck to you. Agian keep up posted and again if I can help let me know.

Freddie

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by ashlar@Jan 8 2005, 08:18 PM

[post=273170]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, that sounds like a very fascinating variety. I especially like "Creative Non-fiction Writing"- it sounds like the news. ;)

Gotta keep my smartass muscles exercised!

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Freddie53@Jan 9 2005, 02:16 AM

Ashlar, you are taking quite a mix of classes. I would love to sit in (without tests and term papers) on theat Gay ald Lesbian Literature and Bible in lIterature classes. I don't know about the Gay and Lesbian Literature at all and would find it informative. I think you will find some of the best literature in the world in the so called King James edition of the Bible. Of course none of it was written in English originally and some translations don't have the literary flow that the King James Verion has.

In the Bible you will in the midst of all that is there good and bad the eternal truths. I hope that your teacher understands that the Bible must like any ancient text be interpreted for modern livng by our culture. You have to know the culture then to understand why some of it happened the way it happened. And I don't know if you will cover this or not, but a lot of what the people said and did and some o it in God's name, the Bible says God did not approve of then. It will be an intersting class to take.

Keep us posted on both classes. In your Bible literature, if I can be of help let me know. My father had a degree in ancient history and was a minister as well. He knew all about how the Bible really was written and how bits and pieces of things were put together to form the present day books of the Bible and when the Councils were held to decide which books to include in the Bible and which ones to leave out. And there were several ancient texts of the Jewish and Christian peoples that didn't make it to the Bible.

I would love to study some of those books to find out why thy didn't make it.

Good luck to you. Agian keep up posted and again if I can help let me know.

Freddie
[post=273271]Quoted post[/post]​

From what I understand, the bible in literature class is supposed to be really good and the professor is quite good as well. I suspect the use of the king james edition of the bible is due to the fact that it was the version widely used during the period the literature we will be reading, was written.

I don't know what to expect from the Gay and Lesbian Literature class. Some of the books look funny, and some look campy and/or depressing.
I'll let you know :)

ashlar

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jan 9 2005, 05:06 AM

Wow, that sounds like a very fascinating variety. I especially like "Creative Non-fiction Writing"- it sounds like the news. ;)

Gotta keep my smartass muscles exercised!
[post=273299]Quoted post[/post]​

Like I always say, ya gotta work with your talents :) :wub: