yay ME!

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
Congratulations? How did you do it? You should be proud. It's one hell of an addiction.

believe it or not, my friend who was a very heavy smoker quit, and when I asked him how he did he, he read a book called "the easy way to quit smoking" by Alan Carr, and he told me it worked for him,
so I went out and got the book, and read it, and I had no desire to smoke at all, and no withdrawl pangs at all..
neat..
I think its total NLP,
but eh.
D

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Congrats...finally a thread that everyone agrees with.

We all wish you well for a long and happy smoke free life.

My father was a smoker for many years. First cigarettes and Cigars and later a pipe. When a cousin of his came down with lung cancer he quit right then.

If my Brother-in law quit, we would be a smoke free family.

Scorpiorising

1st Like
Media
believe it or not, my friend who was a very heavy smoker quit, and when I asked him how he did he, he read a book called "the easy way to quit smoking" by Alan Carr, and he told me it worked for him,
so I went out and got the book, and read it, and I had no desire to smoke at all, and no withdrawl pangs at all..
neat..
I think its total NLP,
but eh.
D

So, tell me, what it is about the book? I find this amazing. I tried hypnosis and walked out lighting a cigarette.

Why? what was smoking doing to you? Did you start to notice health problems? Anyway I hope that you can free yourself from any desire to smoke again and well done!

I don't think you have to have health problems to want to quit. For me, it's a constant frustration because it rules everything I do. I endanger my life in blizzards to make sure I have enough around in case I get snowed in. I'd drive miles in the middle of the night 'cause I ran out. I'd scrape change and buy cigarettes before buying food when I'm low on money. It's such a ball and chain that one gets tired of.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well done - what about putting up a very short summary of what the book says that helped you quit so easily?

I bet it's a book about how dangerous smoking is, and what it does to your body.

Once a friend gave me a book on vegetarianism and I quit eating meat for a year and a half.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
neat..
I think its total NLP,
but eh.
D

I'll have to see if I can find this book to give to my mom. She's trying to quit smoking after many years. She has cut down some but says she can't quit all at once.

She also has emphysema. So does my dad (but he doesn't smoke.)