yay ME!

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
Well done - what about putting up a very short summary of what the book says that helped you quit so easily?

well... I wish I could summorize the book, there are no "SHOCK tactics" in the book, it doens't talk about cancer, or any of the other deseases in there.
not really much about the health risks at all..
it is wierd, I got the book and was VERY VERY skeptical, but I told myself, all I had to lose was 7 dollars, and if it helped my friend quit, why not me?
after all, I never really did ENJOY smoking, it is something I HAD to do.

I was a 2 pack a day smoker, and I havent smoked since. tuesday, not one withdarwl pang, not one urge to light another..
here is a link for the book.

Amazon.com: The Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Join the Millions Who Have Become Nonsmokers Using the Easyway Method: Books: Allen Carr

Scorpiorising

1st Like
Media
I went to Amazon to read some reviews on the book. WOW! It seems everyone who read it quit. So far I haven't come upon one that says, "yeah, what a crock, I read it and still couldn't quit.". I'm definitely going to give it a look-see. I was going to say I couldn't afford to get it right now because I'm stuck between jobs, but when you think about it, it nearly costs the same as a pack of cigarettes, and I can seem to afford those just fine.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Excellent, congrats. (and now you're kissable, NB, hint, hint:tongue:)

Our city has an indoor smoking ban that recently went into effect, it's definately nice to not get permeated every time I spend an hour in one of the gay bars.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well... I wish I could summorize the book, there are no "SHOCK tactics" in the book, it doens't talk about cancer, or any of the other deseases in there.
not really much about the health risks at all..
it is wierd, I got the book and was VERY VERY skeptical, but I told myself, all I had to lose was 7 dollars, and if it helped my friend quit, why not me?
after all, I never really did ENJOY smoking, it is something I HAD to do.

I was a 2 pack a day smoker, and I havent smoked since. tuesday, not one withdarwl pang, not one urge to light another..
here is a link for the book.

Amazon.com: The Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Join the Millions Who Have Become Nonsmokers Using the Easyway Method: Books: Allen Carr

Last time I talked to my mom, she had gone from a 2 pack a day smoker (Camel unfiltered, at that! :eek: ) to half a pack a day. So she's making progress and I'm proud of her. Hopefully she can totally kick the habit.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's AWESOME DJG! I'm proud of you.

I heard somewhere that cigarettes are almost as difficult an addiction to kick as cocaine and heroine! :eek: So it's understandable that some people have a lot of difficulty quitting.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
YAY for pink lungs. :wink:

I've never started in order quit, but I can imagine the struggle it must be to do so. Congratulations on a job well-done.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well done - what about putting up a very short summary of what the book says that helped you quit so easily?

A new edition of the revolutionary bestseller, with four million copies in print. Allen Carr’s innovative Easyway method—which he discovered after his own 100-cigarette-a-day habit nearly drove him to despair—has helped millions kick smoking without feeling anxious and deprived. That’s because he helps smokers discover the psychological reasons behind their dependency, explains in detail how to handle the withdrawal symptoms, shows them how to avoid situations when temptation might become too strong, and enables them to stay smoke-free. Carr discusses such issues as nicotine addiction; the social “brainwashing” that encourages smoking; the false belief that a cigarette relieves stress; the role boredom plays in sabotaging efforts to stop; and the main reasons for failure. With this proven program, smokers will be throwing away their packs for good.-------------------------------

What I wonder is, do you have to want to stop smoking for it to work, or if you give it to a smoker will that work for them.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's AWESOME DJG! I'm proud of you.

I heard somewhere that cigarettes are almost as difficult an addiction to kick as cocaine and heroine! :eek: So it's understandable that some people have a lot of difficulty quitting.

Actually, I have heard that cigarettes are more difficult to kick than cocaine and heroin. Nicotine is the most addictive substance known.

I am very glad I never had any desire to smoke...

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Congratulations! Regarding NJQT's comment, there was a study in the late sixites-early seventies in which they got volunteers who were smokers AND addicted to heroin, let them go cold turkey for twenty four hours and then offered them a choice - a smoke or a fix. Most picked a smoke. It's profoundly addictive. You are a very cool guy and I am really happy for you. Keep it up.
Dave