Yea or Ney?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some of you may wonder where all my vitriol and anger comes from, but that's because you don't live in Ohio.

http://dailygotham.com/blog/bouldin/bob_ney_to_plead_guilty_enter_rehab

And here's the problem- as we continue to elect these disgusting characters who run on "family values" platforms, I must ask myself (and you, dear reader), what might these be? It is becomming increasingly apparent that it only means that they hide their misdeeds and continue living lives of lying, stealing and manipulating, with the perfect cover of being "a God fearing man" as a cloak for the actual behavior.

How many times have I said I value honesty above being nice? Is it finally okay to raise an eyebrow or two that so many of our "family values" candidates are being revealed as the morally bankrupt slime they really are?
I don't mind that he's seeking treatment, but I sure as hell AM furious that he's been governing MY state for the last six terms as a wet alcoholic! He says his family has suffered enough- no doubt that is true. Does MY family have to suffer along with these two-faced fucks- condemning ME, limiting MY freedoms while they are in fact the ones who should be seeing to their own salvation? Oh, he was never religious until bush got into office either, I've been here the whole time.

Wake up people, we've been duped. These people don't care about your God even as much as I do. I guarantee you that they KNOW him less well.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
madame_zora said:
Some of you may wonder where all my vitriol and anger comes from, but that's because you don't live in Ohio.

Vitriol and Anger completely justified.

You have to wonder just "who" votes for these people. Do people not do their homework on the candidates before election day? I know I do.

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
yep that's a politics for ya, the town that I live in, we once had a mayor that was a drunk, every time you turned around, he was either in a wreck while drunk, or pulled over for being drunk, and he always got away with a slap on the hand, he too just like any other clown in politics, was the good christian, yeah right, they only attend church just to make their appearances once a week.

in this town, they are always crying about the low number of taxes that is collected each year, yet they created a "Enterprize Zone" for new development, it was supposed to be for new businesses, and would not have to pay any taxes to the city for 5 years, well naturally there was a loop hole, any new structure that is built within that zone is tax exempt for 5 years, regardless if his a business or a residense, so the number of new houses has sky rocketed big time, and when the 5 years is about to come up, these damn people build a new house, I know several people who have done this 4 times, including several of the city officials, and yet the cry because there are enough tax dollars coming in. the best way to get more revenue is to eleminate that damn Enterprize zone bullshit for a residense and make it only for new business.

the school district gets a portion of the property taxes each year, and the more money those clowns get, the more it burns a hole in their pockets, they waste that money like you wouldn't believe, and they are always trying to raise taxes more and more, they are constantly borrowing more money each year, the school board (a huge joke) keeps giving themselves a huge pay raise every year, pay for the insurance for the teachers and their families, ok, I can see the teacher getting paid insurance, but the teacher should have to pay the insurance for anybody they put on their policy, that would save a ton of money right there, if any raises should be given, I do believe that it should go to the teachers, provided they are doing their job of teaching the kids properly, another thing that the school board does is sell the used school busses for ½ of what they are worth when they get new busses, just last spring, they sold 20 used busses that were 8 years old for only $15,000, they could have gotten at least $5,000 for each one, I checked into the value of those busses, and was blown away at the fact that they were basically giving those busses away so that they could get new busses with a/c and stereo, and all the other comforts that in my opinion are not really needed for a bus that is driven only 3 hours a day.

what all governments really needs a major overhaul, but everytime someone is voted in because they might by the slightest chance do a better job, they end up fucking things up even more, hell they would even fuck up a wet dream.

jfrsndvs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
sometimes it's hard to find a worthy candidate with their campaigning, you really have no idea what they have in mind to make things better, all they do is slam their opponent, talk about what this clown did wrong, and what that clown done wrong, I would like to hear what they actually plan to do if they are elected.

Daverock said:
Vitriol and Anger completely justified.

You have to wonder just "who" votes for these people. Do people not do their homework on the candidates before election day? I know I do.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorcerer said:
I agree. She's be happy in a warmer climate :biggrin1:.

As far as this bozo, he's gonna have one hell of a 9th Step.

Haha, I'd be excited to see his 5th, but like ol' george, I doubt he'll go through with the whole program. Getting HONEST is the main thrust of recovery programs, definitely not for weak minded ninnies like these.:rolleyes:

Someome, please tell me where there is a "land less stupid", I've been looking.

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
madame_zora said:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that in Montana they keep their elected official down to sitting a few weeks a year. The idea behind this was that the less time they sit the less chance they have to screw things up. Now you may not like the conservative politics and lifestyle that the land of Montana conjures, but that seems like pretty sound reasoning to me. Perhaps the land of the “less stupid?” (IQ scores are, naturally, exempt from the previous comment as we are only referring to politicians.)

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
madame_zora said:

Manhattan below 84th Street.

I thought of you earlier this evening. There was a van with something offensively religious scrawled on the rear doors. Upon further inspection, it said FOLLOW ME and had an Ohio address and phone number. The plates were from this state and said (I'm serious) Belive. Know you got a moment of sympathy.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Daverock said:
<...>
No, Dave, of course they don't. It's too much work. They just simply vote for they guy who basically says "I'll do law for you and against the people you don't like." That's why the campaigns are so artfully crafted. They don't want to put forth an actual agenda or platform, they just spout a few platitudes (chosen, you can bet the farm, on opinion polls).
jfrsndvs said:
sometimes it's hard to find a worthy candidate with their campaigning, you really have no idea what they have in mind to make things better, all they do is slam their opponent, talk about what this clown did wrong, and what that clown done wrong, I would like to hear what they actually plan to do if they are elected.
See my comments above. I've mentioned it many times in this forum, and others. It is sickening when the campaigns boil down to each candidate saying "Yes, I'm a slimey scumbag, but I'm your scumbag, and the other scumbag is slimier than me, so vote for me." And the stupid sheeple are stupid enough not just to believe it, but they actually become fervent about it... "My candidate may be a crook, but he's my crook, and your candidate is more crookeder than my crook!"

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
DC_DEEP said:
It is sickening when the campaigns boil down to each candidate saying "Yes, I'm a slimey scumbag, but I'm your scumbag, and the other scumbag is slimier than me, so vote for me."

In my state it's worse. Here it's "vote for me because you voted for my dad/cousin/brother/etc (or) you voted for me before. Vote for me because it makes you feel good. Vote for me because everyone else is". They do what they call "sign waving" campains. People stand on the side of the road and wave. And wave. And wave. The issues somehow get lost in sentiment. The message: Do this because you've always done it.

This state is backward and basically fucked in more ways than I can (or will) describe in this thread.

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
MZ, Ohio doesn't have a stronghold on hypocrisy. Any time a candidate announces a plank of his platform as "family values," I stop researching him. Besides the transparent currying of favor that approach takes, it angers me to think that anyone has a lock on what values we should espouse. I don't have statistics to support me, but it seems that far too many of these candidates are guilty of what they so lustily denounce in others. A couple of my friends went through the steps (and a couple more should); I sympathize with them. The sanctimony of those who are secretly alcoholics or addicts while championing family values negates any sympathy from this quarter. (that sound you hear is my blood boiling)

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
COLJohn said:
MZ, Ohio doesn't have a stronghold on hypocrisy.
So true.
COLJohn said:
Any time a candidate announces a plank of his platform as "family values," I stop researching him. Besides the transparent currying of favor that approach takes, it angers me to think that anyone has a lock on what values we should espouse.
Not to be nitpicking, but I think "pandering" is more appropriate.
COLJohn said:
I don't have statistics to support me, but it seems that far too many of these candidates are guilty of what they so lustily denounce in others.
In my most humble of opinions, alcoholism is the least of our worries in these sanctimonious windbags. The lying, favor-brokering, extortion, pork-barrelling, embezzlement, and other political corruptions are much more of a concern from any politician, but most ESPECIALLY from a "family values" trumpeting politician.

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
DC_DEEP said:
So true.Not to be nitpicking, but I think "pandering" is more appropriate.In my most humble of opinions, alcoholism is the least of our worries in these sanctimonious windbags. The lying, favor-brokering, extortion, pork-barrelling, embezzlement, and other political corruptions are much more of a concern from any politician, but most ESPECIALLY from a "family values" trumpeting politician.

True, DC. I was simply referring to the particular instance in Ohio. I could have easily pointed out our own problems in VA.:mad:

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ohio is an interesting state. It has a HUGE porportion of conservative voters that live in the suburbs and out in the sticks. Columbus has risen up to be the growing metropolis beyond Cincinati and Cleveland. You get the big city liberals mixing with Southern Christian conservatives. It is something that is unique to Ohio. I have step brothers that live in Ohio and they listen to Rush and Sean Hannity, have one foot in the local militia, and take the Bible literally. They are just everyday Ohio citizens. I feel madame Zora's plight, because the conservatives probably make up less than a quarter of the population in Ohio and they run the entire show. It's no mistake that the conservative movement has dug their heels in Ohio and has made it the springboard for the new Christian Hedgemony. I'm curious if Madame Zora has noticed the rise in number of evangelical churches in Ohio in the past 15 years. What an interesting state!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
tripod said:
<...>
They are just everyday Ohio citizens. I feel madame Zora's plight, because the conservatives probably make up less than a quarter of the population in Ohio and they run the entire show.
We all know the reason for it, but much as I hate to admit it, the lazy fucking asshole liberal idiots refuse to do anything about it. Yes, I'm liberal, but I am involved.

Sadly enough, those who think (politically) like I do are overwhelmingly unlikely to actually vote, and even less likely to write, often, to the elected politicians. Even though we are the majority of asses on the couch, only the tiniest microcosm of us are activist. On the other hand, the neo-con sheep do whatever their (politically greedy) preacher tells them to - in other words, they get out and vote in numbers, electing the slimiest "family values" candidate who offers them some political perks.

Really. So sad.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hatched69 said:
Anywhere in the Caribbean!! :smile: :tongue:

If I could figure out a way to get there/support myself, I'd be somewhere in the southern hills of Spain. Perhaps I should start making plans to get there before the "end of the world" comes 12/22/2012. Maybe the Aztecs were right?

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
madame_zora said:
If I could figure out a way to get there/support myself, I'd be somewhere in the southern hills of Spain. Perhaps I should start making plans to get there before the "end of the world" comes 12/22/2012. Maybe the Aztecs were right?

It isn't only the Aztecs who have that date or thereabouts - now I AM worried.

Maybe a job in PR, MZ?

Or the Diplomatic corps - I don't know if the US has an envoy there.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
madame_zora said:

Learn to dive, go to Utila, a few miles off the North coast of Honduras, I used to teach there and I'll put in a word with Ron for you if you like. It is (or was) a great place, dive all day, chill at sunset then party all night. The supply boat comes once a week and that night the power stays on for a mega bash and it's full of transient ogle+ potential.

Now, why was it I left exactly????:eek: