Yeah, so here is the thing...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by AlextheRedhead, Sep 4, 2010.

1. AlextheRedhead

Gold Member

Albums:
    I am at this bar and this bloke comes up and says hello. We exchange pleasantries and then it gets to the whats your name and where are you from.
    So He's cruising me and I think I might have a tumble but neither one of us makes the first move and so I say politely , nice to meet you and take off.

Is it better to just say how about a fuck then? or lets have a coffee now?

Frustrated after a good meet...... :confused:

2. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Well I'm a big believer in offering to buy them a drink and see where the conversation leads; which gives you some time to get to know them better and to access the situation.
    When I was going to bars to meet people I realized that some people were there to get laid and others were there to play games and others were desperately looking for a husband. I always liked the 15-20 minute time period of a drink and a chat to get a feel for who I was dealing with.

3. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I'm a straight to the meat kinda guy. I tend to tell a guy he's hot or interesting or attractive (or whatever other piece of flattery I think might hook him), ask him if he wants a drink or if he'd prefer to come back to my place for a drink instead. No messing. ;)

4. AlextheRedhead

Gold Member

Albums:
    So its black or white then? One way or the other?

5. luka82

Gold Member

I`m quite drunk now so please forgive my grammar if it`s worse than usual. I have to tell you guys a story...
    So I went to a gay bar with my str8 friend couple days ago. This really cute guy comes to me and says - Hey, I have seen you at the mall yesterday, you were having coffee with a you friend and some chicks! And I said- cool, were you waiting the tables?!
    Guy changed his face expresion, said-NO, and walked away:(

My answer to the OP-buy him a drink, and start chating....I acted like a douche, I swear that wasn`t my intention and I lost a perfect catch! :(

6. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Well you have to ask yourself..."Why do people go to bars?" I mean it's much more cost effective to drink at home and you also have control over the music and the Hoi polloi. That's why I like the 15 minute assessment period. But to quote your signature... When it doubt whip it out!

7. D_Tim McGnaw

Where's the grey? You're attracted to eachother, or you wouldn't be chatting in this way. You're both in a bar presumably open to the possibility of hooking up. What's to think about? Like I told Exwhyzee only the other day, stop thinking with your head and start thinking with your dick! :biggrin1:

8. AlextheRedhead

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is for Luka 82....
    Uuggg!!! You said were you waiting tables??? Didn't mean anything to you but he took offense. You and I are a lot a like.
    Best intentions and want to be liked but we say things that are not appropriate!

9. luka82

Gold Member

Mate you have no idea..... And my friend was like-Douche, go and apologize! And I was like-What did I do wrong!???? And then it hit me!!!!
    I can really be an asshole when I want to and all, but I soooooo didn`t want to be one that day:(

10. AlextheRedhead

Gold Member

Albums:
    "stop thinking with your head and start thinking with your dick!"

Aahh that all I do........

11. AlextheRedhead

Gold Member

Albums:
    Luka82 so go on and do it? Meet up with him and say what you just said...

12. D_Tim McGnaw

You mean that's all you currently do? Or do you mean "is that all I have to do?" Because if you were already thinking with your dick you'd be banging the guy already.... :biggrin1:

13. AlextheRedhead

Gold Member

Albums:
    So the best way to a man's sex drive is to aim and fire then?
    If I were so walk up to you and say lets have a toss you would say yes or no and not really want to be wine and dine as they say?

14. D_Tim McGnaw

If I want to wine and dine I'll go out with my friends, if I'm in a bar talking to an attractive guy I'm not there to scope out his oenological prowess. I think candor is sexy, and being asked if you want to batty ride is always a compliment.... unless the guy is haggard and disgusting.

Anyway it doesn't matter if the guy says no, you'll never know if he'd have said yes unless you ask and if he says no so what? No harm done.

15. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Do as I'm told, not as I do!

16. D_Tim McGnaw

No just do everyone, god will know his own. :biggrin1: do you have eight hands btw? How do you type so quickly in so many different e-verses?

17. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    Depends on what YOU want. An NSA hook-up or a relationship?

18. Smaccoms

Gold Member

Albums:
    see, we're in an age where interacting with people online rather than in person is so necessary, everyone forgets how to interact with each other in person to begin with. All you have to do is ask. So, whacha lookin for dude? They will either A) tell you (it's all cool) B) Be insulted and walk off (which means they're an ass and are clearly not good enough for you) or C) Look really confused and awkward.
    If C), then just lay out the options for them, adjusting for how much candidness you think they can handle based on observing body signals and convo signals. Well, we cna go fuck, or could we could chat. Or maybe, Want a drink--my treat. I dunno. There really are a lot of things one could say. The guy came to the bar in the first place, so if he's not open to discussion, he's got his priorities mixed up anyway. Most likely he'll make his intentions clear after you ask.

19. Daisy

Gold Member

Geez. You're in a bar..a guy comes up to you..so...that wasn't enough of a clue for ya? I'm confused!
    Men have long been accused of not picking up on signals so I imagine two gay men might have double the trouble? I don't know..

In any case the guy was chatting with you and there was only one way to find out if he was interested and that would be the old standby "Can I buy you a drink?" Or "do you want to dance"? Or to really play it safe "So do you have any places you like to go afterwards?" You certainly should not say "how bout a fuck", and you don't even have to be bold enough to ask someone out for coffee. Just establish a general connection that tells the person that you want to know more about them (what do you do? are you from here?) and if that person is still standing there talking to you 20-30 minutes later than its a pretty darn safe bet that they're interested! I think if you blurt out in the first few minutes that you want a date it could potentially scare someone off. So yes there is grey area..

20. luka82

Gold Member

Nah...
    You are not listening to your doctor! HAVE SEX!!!! LOTS OF SEX!!! :la::bj::adam4::069::bukkake::smoker:

Draft saved Draft deleted