Year-End Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Autofellatio, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Autofellatio

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So another year has come to an end, and for once I decided to do some self-reflection.

Surprisingly enough, several things stood out in my mind... Hence, I'm wondering if anyone else has gone and thought things over as the year ends :p

---

1 - Many homosexuals/bisexuals might end up taking the truth about their sexuality with them to their grave

2 - To date, I have yet to find someone who is comfortable around ALL my faces (yes, I do have quite a few)

3 - It is apparently possible to appreciate innocent little things like cartoons even if you're no longer a kid :D

4 - A significant number of people are entering into mourning over the apparent death of reading among the local teenage population

5 - Being out in the great outdoors is great to just relax and forget about everything else that's wrong in the world, even if it's just for a day or three (as much as it feels like running away from problems rather than directly handling them)

6 - Mathematics might be emotionless and logical, but it is the only thing that plays by the rules in this world

7 - Dogs truly are man's best friend :)

8 - Being contented with life is probably the best feeling to have on Christmas day (or any other day, for that matter)

9 - Being a teacher can be a vastly rewarding experience in terms of satisfaction over a job well done

10 - It is possible to continue and fight a losing battle despite knowing that the struggle is most likely futile

11 - Learning by observation that sometimes, you don't find what you're looking for until you just stop searching for it

12 - Maybe it's better for a person to live a life without regrets rather than a life without apologies

13 - Even heroes, idols, and mentors can fall

14 - Realizing that while losing has a cost, the heavier price to pay might somehow be the cost that you didn't know came with winning

15 - Lies are only harmful if you allow them to fester

16 - Answers can stare at you in the face without you realizing it

17 - Truly great stories can only be told by those who aren't afraid to speak the truth

18 - Music bridges the gaps created by feelings, time, and distance

---

I really should stop letting these thoughts bounce about in my head; they're probably detrimental to my mental health.

2. HappyBoi

Gold Member

Albums:
    To reflect on life is always a learning experience, one that you hopefully grow from. :) There were a lot of insightful thoughts you've come up with.

Oh, 'apparently'? Cartoons will NEVER be boring, and I'll never get too old to watch them! :biggrin1:

3. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

Even if I were straight, I'm glad I don't have kids growing up now with the economy this way. I pity those now under ten after 2018 - or maybe sooner. :mad:

4. HappyBoi

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think you can have a great childhood even if your family isn't that wealthy. There's other things in life that are valued more. :) Atleast that's my thought.

EDIT: Though, I have no idea how the economy is in USA, so please don't attack me. :p The Swedish economy seems to be on the rise, I think.

5. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

This is SO true. Children have no concept of wealth and poverty. When I was a kid my parents did not have a lot of money. We lived in a dilapidated century old farm house with a roof that leaked so bad we had to go up in the attic and arrange buckets under the drips when it rained. We kids thought that was fun! The floors sagged so bad that I could set a matchbox car at one end of my huge bedroom and it would race to the other end. I thought this was neat, and so did all of the other kids who lived in more structurally sound homes that came over to play.

I spent my days shooting baskets up in the haymow of the old barn, hiking in the woods, or sailing my raft (made of an old barn door) on the farm pond. As a child I had no concept of wealth and I had no idea that were poor, or that our house was a dump. It was just where we lived, it was home, and it was all I had ever known.

Later in life my parents became multi-millionaires due to a series of very good business decisions, wise investments and mostly LUCK. I was an adult before I realized just how run down that old house was, and how poor my parents really were back then...but to this day I fondly remember my childhood as the best time of my life!:biggrin1:

6. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

Nothing wrong with self reflection if it leads to positive actions. The four thoughts above are positive, though I do wonder if horses or cats can also count among man's best friends.

7. Autofellatio

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hmm, interesting responses thus far... :)

And yes - I guess animals can be counted as man's best friend to a certain extent (in my case, it's dogs).

Draft saved Draft deleted