Yeast, how to tell partner they need treatment too

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by fak_et, Sep 16, 2010.

1. fak_et

fak_et New Member

I been dealing with a rash that keeps coming and going. I saw a doctor a while ago and they said it was yeast related and I got a couple creams for it.

I have a monogamous partner and we dont use condoms, but I am pretty sure she is not aware of it.

How do I bring it up without grossing her out/offending her.

I think we both need to get treatment and use protection in the meantime. I don't think she has symptoms and mine aren't really visible other than some reddness.

I plan on going to a different doctor asap to verify this is still the same thing and then go about treatment.

It seems that it comes back after sex and I am worried this cycle is gonna get bad at some point if left untreated.

2. Rammajamma771

Rammajamma771 New Member

Both of you should get treatment. You can pass it back and forth to each other until you are both clean.

3. fak_et

fak_et New Member

That is what I am asking,

How should I bring it up to her, because obviously she doesnt know about it and she doesnt have any symptoms.

4. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

"My doctor has recommended treatment for a yeast issue (be more specific) and to prevent recurrence, you have to be treated (add details) as well."

This is sexual health and wellness issue - if she's mature enough for intercourse, she's mature enough to handle discussions of this nature.

5. Grit

Grit Member

Yeast infection???? Might be another fungal infection. These can become quite serious and may affect more than just one area at a time. Had a case of this where I treated it with APO Ketoconazole. Recurrence continued but less frequent. I successfully treated both partners with the APO Ketoconazole. See your Dr. and ask what he/she thinks about other types of fungal infections.

Rx Ketoconazole is available in tablet, creams and shampoo

6. mandoman

Gold Member

Just tell her. You would hope she would just tell you. They can easily be caught with no sexual situation.
    They are simply a fact of life. Anybody can get one. Most of the time, it's as simple as taking an antibiotic. Nothing to worry about. Most women understand them a lot better than most men.

7. Denverbearmark

Albums:
    Yeap, if you are having sex together just say, "Hey the doc said it is a yeast infection and the you needed to get treated too." Yeast infections happen, they are not necessarily a std, but partners keep passing them back and forth to one another. Happen to a college friend of mine--the other way--she kept getting them and finally the doc said, "Your partner needs to get treated too." He did, and it cleared up the re-occurring problem right away!

8. moskill00

moskill00 New Member

Albums:
    Yes tell her immediately, as she should know this whether it embarasses her or not because this type of infection is quite common and can be treated in a multitude of ways. It wont go away on its own so say something.

It can also be a sign of a systemic problem with her as well, so... say something. Honesty is the best policy and it will only help to let her know.

9. Sitronmelde

Sitronmelde Member

Albums:
    When women takes antibiotics for anything, it is sooooo easy for them to catch a yeast infection, then give it to you, clear themselves up, then you 're-inoculate' them and so on. Solve all that by pouring a little buttermilk down your pee-hole - it's the best cure anywhere!

10. fak_et

fak_et New Member

I got checked and got confirmed that i dont have any stds.
    The doctor said i would need to see a dermatologist to figure out exactly what is growing.

I really need to figure out a plan of action ASAP because it is driving me crazy.
    Insurance is being a nightmare and i would need to make an appointment and wait some time to see a derm.

11. Grit

Grit Member

Heard about a lot of old wives and other remedies (not that there is no value to them some of them do the job); but never that one Sitronmelde.

Peace

12. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I'd just tell her. It can be ridiculously easy for a woman to get a yeast infection, especially if she's really active or athletic or you live in a hot climate. A long mountain bike ride in bike shorts on a hot day can do it. The vagina does not like to stay hot and sweaty and a yeast infection can result. :frown1:

I'd just tell her what happened. Tell her you went to the doctor and what the doctor said. It's very easily cured. They even have 1-day treatments now. I wouldn't recommend that she take an oral anti-fungal when the over the counter treatments work so well.

You can try using Vagisil Satin on your penis for the itching. It's for use on a woman's labia for yeast infections and it kills the itching. TheBF used it on his hand for contact dermatitis and it worked for the itching there. Vagisil and Monistat also sell special talc powders and "cool wipes" that help with the itching. They really work.

#12 petite, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  13. Sitronmelde

Sitronmelde Member

Albums:
    Yup; drink a bit of apple cider vinegar in water to kill toenail fungus, and apply buttemilk to clear yeast. Sniff your privates regularly.

Draft saved Draft deleted