Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am trying to think here. Not sure if I can remember any temporary cures that don't involve me running to the pharmacy or grocery store.

Try taking a bath.....or a soak without any soap. Then let everything dry down there real good..... (can't remember if you shave down there or not....) If you have pubic hair.....dry it with a hair dryer. Keep your bits down there dry. Then put on some 100% cotton panties.

I have heard that you can put plain unflavored yogurt down there and it will help.....Like cream. But I haven't ever done it.

Drink lots and lots of water.

That is all I can think of until you can make a run to the pharmacy.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks ladies. I'm away at school and the pharmacy here closed at 9. I finally googled what the hell was happening. I'll be going tomorrow.. this itch is driving my nuts.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
maybe, a hot compress on your vulva would
soothe the itch until then.

sorry you are hurtin'
try to relax i think stressing about it will make it
sensitive.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately,

Hormonal shifts of ones cycle make these happen. try not to scratch that only spreads it. Do not reuse any clothing or washclothes that you have been using until you wash it in bleach and very hot water. Try to get your doctor to give you Diflucans. But before all of this you need to take a mirror and check it out if you are oozing a white cottage cheese like discharge you do have a yeast infection. If not, You may be suffering from an allergic reaction. The best thing is to take one of those home PH kits which tells you really whether it is Yeast or bacterial. Bacterial itches to some extent but may also have a slight fishy odor. Do not have sex or masterbate that will only make it worse for you or whoever you are with. I know this is all a pain but I hope it helps.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
if you have plain yogurt Ive been told it works for some. It's a big mess but I know of several who use that method to get rid of the yeast infection instead of over the counter items

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sheesh Tink, you have not had a good time of it lately have you. :frown1: I know this is just a temporary set back, try not to let it get you down.

If they gave you antibiotics for your hand surgery that may have caused the yeast infection. Happens to me with a lot of the stronger antibiotics. I now know to ask for Diflucan whenever I am prescribed an anti-biotic and no doctor has ever denied my request.

Feel better soon, girl :flowers1:

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yep, plain yogurt is good. If you use Tampax tampons, spoon some yogurt into the applicator and insert the tampon. Also smooth the yogurt over affected surfaces (make sure you wear a pad or panty liner). Avoid anything with sugar and yeast in it (so candy, cakes, alcohol, bread, etc) - all the nice stuff, in other words! And yes, hot compresses can help if the itching is driving you nuts. Alternatively, shower without soap/cleansers and just rinse down there really well and blot it dry for temporary relief. Do not douche or use 'feminine washes' - these can make things worse in my experience.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Sheesh Tink, you have not had a good time of it lately have you. :frown1: I know this is just a temporary set back, try not to let it get you down.

If they gave you antibiotics for your hand surgery that may have caused the yeast infection. Happens to me with a lot of the stronger antibiotics. I now know to ask for Diflucan whenever I am prescribed an anti-biotic and no doctor has ever denied my request.

Feel better soon, girl :flowers1:
I thought I was crazy when I put two and two together.. but it was deff the meds that gave me the yeast infection. I stopped taking the meds even though the container told me not to stop unless told to do so. Oh well..my body can fight off the infection in my hand by itself if it's going to do stupid shit like give me yeast infections.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought I was crazy when I put two and two together.. but it was deff the meds that gave me the yeast infection. I stopped taking the meds even though the container told me not to stop unless told to do so. Oh well..my body can fight off the infection in my hand by itself if it's going to do stupid shit like give me yeast infections.

... The reason it tells you to not stop taking the meds is because of antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria can occur from that...

You may have just caused the death of the human race by a super bacteria. Good job.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
... The reason it tells you to not stop taking the meds is because of antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria can occur from that...

You may have just caused the death of the human race by a super bacteria. Good job.
Have you had a yeast infection before? No. So shut the fuck up. The cons outweighed the pros here. I doubt a healing cut on my hand was the super bacteria of the world. Grow a set and stop talking unless you know what it's about.

StraightCock4Her

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have you had a yeast infection before? No. So shut the fuck up. The cons outweighed the pros here. I doubt a healing cut on my hand was the super bacteria of the world. Grow a set and stop talking unless you know what it's about.

What I said was clearly a joke