Yeast infection

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Horrible, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Horrible

Horrible New Member

Albums:
    Anyone had one on their penis? Did you take care of it at home, or go to the dr.? Bc I've read that antibiotics actually make someone more susceptible.

2. william1

Gold Member

Albums:
    If your talking about thrush like infection then easy thing to fix it as i presume your uncut - is then keep the skin pulled back for a few days and it should clear up

3. tobietom

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I never had an yeast infection but I've read in a magazine exercise for men only. On how to help prevent yeast infection. What you do you can do this in the shower or over the sink. You take the head of your penis spread the lip's at the tip so water can run in there, yes its going to sting a little bit. Now you let water run in then you take some soap reguler soap with no dye's or fragrance, now this whear its going to sting like a bee. Take the soap and rub it in the tip of the head of your penis once you feel the stinging then rinse. Make sure that you get the water hitting inside the penis canal to get all the soap out. You might feel the stinging for a couple hours in the long run its worth it. Specially when it comes to your health!!

4. D_Skippy_Skidmarx

D_Skippy_Skidmarx New Member

I have had the backwash from a yeast infection from a chick. The burning, itching sensation was awful, especially when pissing. I went to the doctor, he put me on antibiotics and I got over it.

5. Horrible

Horrible New Member

Albums:
    Both of us are getting treated for it, I'm tired of sex hurting afterwards.

This shit sucks. She just texted me said the dr said to try OTC medication before making an appointment

6. catcrazy

catcrazy Member

i had yeast infection a year ago , at the time i did not know so i went to doctor and she gave some cream to put on and it went away in 4 or 5 days, i am uncut and keep my penis clean, i think i had mine because of my diabetes.

7. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    You can treat it at home with an anti-fungal cream. The leading over-the-counter brand in the UK is Canesten. Any regular sexual partners should be treated at the same time or you'll just re-infect eachother.

I think this is a bad idea. You shouldn't introduce anything into your urethra, not even plain water, except under medical advice. If you suspect the yeast infection has got in there, you'll need to take an anti-fungal pill.

8. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

I had a scare for this a few years back (Was tested as clean, but EX was tested positive), and to cut a long story short and to save time, I was treated with meds at the same time as the EX, which was just a single tablet, and was done.

Bottom line though is (As marklondon puts it), if you are unsure at all, seek medical advice, no matter how embarrassing you think it is, and for god sake, do NOT try any of these home based remedies, or stick things like a q-tip where they don't belong.

9. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

Yes, being diabetic, you would be more prone to any sort of bladder / water based infections.

10. Horrible

Horrible New Member

Albums:
    The dr said to use lamisil on mine and monistat on her and if it didn't clear up in a week then we could go the prescription route. So far it's working, but I tried to rub one out yesterday and it hurt like hell. I guess it was too soon.

11. erratic

Gold Member

An ex of mine got a yeast infection (not from me - we'd long since split up) and saw a doctor about it. Some antibiotics cleared it up right away.

12. Bigdgf

Bigdgf New Member

If I'm not mistaken I've seen you post about possible yeast infections before.... just curious, but could your gf be pregnant? Pregnant girls are more susceptible to them for some reason, maybe all the hormones?? Not really sure, just have heard that from several people.

13. Horrible

Horrible New Member

Albums:

You are a smart cookie bigdgf, I havent said anything as of yet, but we are expecting a baby girl in late November!

I think this is why we are experiencing this.

It has since cleared up, sex last night no pain. Blowjob about 10 min ago no pain. Before the application of Lamisil roughly a week ago, it was incredibly painful to have any kind of contact with my penis. It became red and inflamed, now its well on the way to a complete recovery!

14. BXRBRFSCOWBOY

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeast is a fungus, antibiotics would do nothing to clear it up...possibly make it worse by killing the normal competing microbiota. Need antifungals, either creams or oral fluconazole.

15. Bigdgf

Bigdgf New Member

It's good to know not all men are weird or just plain jerks, and wil still have sex with their pregnant partners!! My best friends husband wouldn't have sex with her when she was pregnant! But pregnant women still need to feel attractive and sexy!

16. Horrible

Horrible New Member

Albums:
    I find her even more attractive now, on a whole new level. This is my first child, and it's almost overwhelming. Sometimes while going down on her, I find it weird when my forehead hits the baby bump. But, it's not a turnoff, just strange to me. But other than that, I would never think of shunning her while she is preparing such a perfect gift for me.

17. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

I've had urinary infection and some antibiotics make it worse. hoime remedy: stock cranberry juice and yogurt, 2 glasses of cranberry and a yogurt or two daily and after 2 weeks,you should be cured.

18. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

What about taking acidophilus and other oureyogurts (without sugars!), etc? Those cultures are suppose to help ward off fungal infections etc. It also helps to lay off anything with sugar because yeast feeds off sugars.

19. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

Yeast is easily treated once it is determined in fact that the culprit is yeast. The one thing to remember is that antibiotics of some types CAN reduce one's ability to fight off yeast. One of the larger culprits in me are those derived from penicillin. Others are less prone to this. Never ever treat a suspected yeast problem with antibiotics!

As a teenager I ended up with yeast very badly after a bad and long term bout with an upper respiratory infection. I cleared up the URI, but ended up with yeast under my arms, in my groin and around the anal canal, and a mild case of thrush from the long term antibiotics I had to take. I had about two weeks of absolute misery while it cleared. Remember that yeast loves warm moist places. Do everything you can not to make it happy and with a little anti-fungal treatment it will be gone relatively quickly.

20. Bigdgf

Bigdgf New Member

Awe that's very sweet. Congrats and good luck with the baby and the babies mother!

Draft saved Draft deleted