Yeasties Beasties

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by B_Mademoiselle Rouge, Jan 31, 2012.

1. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

It seems to have been exacerbated from sexual activity/antibiotics/and a new lube. Since I am uninsured I am unable to call up a gyn for any pharmaceuticals by prescription. And there are a million to choose from!

Is there an over-the-counter that you ladies could recommend to use on the inside/outside?

Note that I'm itchy on the external labia only- no discharge at all.

I'm not looking for homemade suggestions such as tampons soaked in yogurt or anything like that.

2. D_Crystallized Ginger

don't be worried about it. it happened to me and my gf once when we used a glycerin-based lube namely Durex pleasure gel

glycerin just feed those fucking yeasts , it was a bad discovery but at least I was warned not to use glycerin based lubes anymore since that time

#2 D_Crystallized Ginger, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  3. D_Crystallized Ginger

ah and btw you could use gree tea tampons or, better, Lapacho tampons ... these are really effective! I proved them on myself, guaranteed result!

4. dolfette

Gold Member

5. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Mystic Wolf, it was a glycerin based lube that did it. It was horrible and the reaction was immediate. I was already on Penicillin for a bladder infection so it just made an uncomfortable situation worse.

Dolf, I'm a little nervous putting anything homeopathic in the vagina so close after surgery since my cervix was removed and the vagina had a lot of stitching in the end to make a sleeve. I don't want to irritate these tender spots with anything that might compromise the healing process ya know?

6. D_Crystallized Ginger

in italy we have this over-the-counter whose name is gyno-canesten and , I can witness I got rid of candidosis on my glans and foreskin... dunno if it s gonna work the same way with pussy lips though...

7. D_Crystallized Ginger

Go for Lapacho or Green tea and let me know then.. you ll be surprsied at their effectiveness... you only need to purchase them at your herbalist, then boil half a glass of water , brew a spoon of leaves (or cortex if you use lapacho tree) for 10 minutes then wait till it cools a bit then both dip your pussy in the glass or soak a tampon and apply onto inflamed parts

8. dolfette

Gold Member

rubbing a little garlic juice on there is safe.
    not so sure i'd risk the yogurt.
    drink green tea too.

9. D_Crystallized Ginger

actually yogurt could worsen the problem... yeasts need an acid habitat

10. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

We have an over-the-counter thingie like Canestan here in France - can't remember the name of it but it is basically the same stuff. I can't say the twice that I tried it before taking my cooch to the doc's did any good to me - but then both times it turned out I did not have a yeast infection. Both times I was just run down and that sometimes gives me cunt flu, apparently. Happened again recently, only slightly worse than before - I didn't bother with the pessary stuff - I used a zinc based nappy rash creme (Sudocrem) and got over it in less than a week.

I'm not saying you don't have a yeast infection - I'm sure you're not mistaken, but the Sudocrem is worth a try for soothing and certainly won't do you any harm. I wouldn't go shoving it up on a tampon, though - post surgery I'd avoid anything tampony up there for another month at least. A month after mine I had a bleed and had to have my vagina packed with betadine soaked swabs - doc was very keen to point out to me that they were completely sterile and in no way likely to damage me - I was NOT to remove them myself - if they fell out fine but no going fishing.

Anyway - I digress - I hope your cunt gets well soon. :hug:

11. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

AWwww MB, My cunt thanks your cunty experience and given our similar pelvic trauma, I appreciate your concern about not sticking things up my cunt that could cause a mass production of bacteria. I get this sort of insane external yeast thing every time I take a round of strong antibiotics. The itching is crazy and the more you scratch the more it burns.

Damn antibiotics but it was the only way to get rid of the UTI and Strep Throat I had going on at the same time. All orifices decide to join forces to take me down I tell ya!

I managed to find a nearly empty tube of prescription Maconizole? (or something that sounds similar) that is designed for the yeast in that area and I put about a 1/4 teaspoon inside for good measure and slathered it on the outside where it's most problematic.

It's already feeling much much better! Very soothing. My cunt shall keep you posted!

::huggles::

12. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I usually get Canesten oral. So much easier to take one tablet (capsule?) than to fuck around with cream.

Hope you get better soon MR!

13. Mumzi

Mumzi New Member

Probiotics such as align do help, and are cheaper than the PB of the past.
    The old vinegar and water douche helps to make the vagina more acidic, which helps.
    Apx one tablespoon to quart of water. How? Turkey baster? Kidding. You might just buy one of the disposables and keep the bottle around. Pharmacy might sell something too.
    But, I always take some PB when taking antibiotics. And, put some vinagar in bath water.
    Won't hurt. You'll just smell like salad. In a pinch, it's an idea.
    We all have Candida, sometimes it gets outta control.
    Monastat is not rx anymore. I don't like the one day, vs the 5 or 7. The shorter the treatment, the stronger the med seems to be. If your sore, you might not want to use the one day course of treatment.

14. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I've found that this on the exterior brings a lot of relief.

Vagisil : Products : Vagisil Satin Anti-Itch Creme

I read that the yeasty discharge reacts with oxygen and that's what causes it to become itchy, which is the reason why it doesn't itch inside the vagina, only on the exterior.

15. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

MW knows his yeast!

16. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh Rouge, I'm so sorry, Darling. I've tried the green tea before and, of course, the Vagisil. But I always balked at the yogurt thingie. Nah, not for me. Even the scripts from the gyn are about as effective as the Vagisil. Knock on wood, it's been a loooong time for me and I hope it's even longer.

17. aninnymouse

Gold Member

You actually put yogurt ON your cootenanny?

OK.

I thought that you just ate the yogurt to get your body back in balance....Learn something new every day.

/I don't know about anyone else, but the first thing I thought when I saw the title was Jay and Silent Bob, and "Snoochies Boochies."

//Flame away.

18. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

She should have called the thread Coochie needs snoochie boochies.

19. D_Sandy_Krautch

D_Sandy_Krautch New Member

20. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh, like you don't.

Draft saved Draft deleted