Yeeeeeeah bruins!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by classyron, Jun 15, 2011.

1. classyron

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Stanley Cup is coming back to Boston, Baby!!! WOOOOOOO!!!

2. monel

Gold Member

A W E S O M E ! And congratulations to Tim Thomas for his well deserved MVP win.

3. classyron

Gold Member

Albums:
    He earned it. Marchand was great too.

4. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    If the Whalers were still around, they'd have won instead.

5. D_Marina_DelRhey

D_Marina_DelRhey Account Disabled

I go to college just outside of Philadelphia, in Central NJ, and live in Northern NJ.
    Everyone either loves the Philly or New York teams wherever I'm from (I hate Philly with a passion lol), but EVERYONE hates Boston.
    Even me, I can't stand much of Boston.....except for the Bruins. They're all I like about Boston, save for the Irishness.

So when I told my friends at school I wanted Boston to win.....they were up in full force! I was battered by Pro Canucks chants and Anti Bruins remarks and blah blah blah and they thought I was stupid because Vancouver was the favorite.
    But who's laughing now!!
    Bahahahahahahahahaha.

But in seriousness, Boston did an amazing job.
    They came trough in the end to break the home streaks and just told the Canucks, "Look, we know you never won the Cup before, but we want it more. It's ours."
    Tim Thomas deserves every accolade he's getting, he did a phenomenal job and well earned it to get to this spot.

Luongo, on the other hand....well, let's say I don't think as many people will be jumping on his bandwagon anymore.

6. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Jesus tap dancing Christ- San Diego (and Southern California) is already chockful of obnoxious fans of the other 3 Boston-area teams. I wasn't really looking forward to the arrival of the 4th.

7. monel

Gold Member

Then you really won't like it when Boston holds all four major championships simultaneously.:biggrin1:

8. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's quite ironic actually. They move out here to get away from Boston, but can't stop whining about how Boston is sooooooo much better. Not that I ever tire of hearing "Drive your cah to Hahvahd Yahd, then go to Wal Maht.":biggrin1:

9. monel

Gold Member

Well, your weather is so much better and that does go along way. Not being from here originally, I learned early on of the existence of the letter "R". As ingratiating as some find the Boston accent, I wish they would remember to use it more often.

10. classyron

Gold Member

Albums:
    The Canucks had a great team this year, but Luongo has been grossly overrated for his entire career. He has been given multiple chances to prove that he is world class, but has blown every one. Even at the Olympics he almost cost Canada the gold medal by letting in some weak goals and forcing overtime. The Bruins won it in true Boston style. These guys represent the working class Irish more than any of the other pro sports teams, as many of these guys still make just over league minimum (which is as working class as a pro athlete gets, and it is still way more than I make). They are not the most talented on paper, but they played with the biggest hearts and that is what won it.

11. morphd108

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    great parade caps a great season!! stanley never looked so good

12. classyron

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, it was awesome. The best part, 7 arrested for "drunk and disorderly conduct" and a minor attempted assault on a cop in Boston; millions in property damage and looting in Vancouver. Vancouver claims to be so much above the rest of the civilized world, when the city is full of junkies and trust-a-fundian neo-hippies. They blamed their riots on anarchists and the fact that 100,000 people were downtown watching the game on big screens, but they also rioted when they lost in 1994. Screw them. I saw a funny picture about it. Not my captions, so I am not responsible for the spelling error.

http://img225.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=425728198_Vancouver_122_818lo.jpg

13. titan1968

titan1968 Active Member

Albums:
    The irony of it all is that most of the Bruins players are Canadian-- even the coach is Canadian. To say hockey is no longer a Canadian game is nonsense.

I must agree with you on the Bruins being the better team. In game 3, it was as if the Canucks didn't really belong in the finals or were lucky to be there.

If it took the Boston Bruins 39 years to win Lord Stanley's Cup, it might take them another 39 years to win it again. I may not be around to see them win again. :18::18::18:

:BoomSmilie_anim::BoomSmilie_anim:

1.This is for the moronic Vancouver Canucks for blowing a 2-0 lead in the series and handing the Bruins the Cup on a silver platter. They let the city, the province and the country down.

2. This is for the f** morons who ran amuck in Vancouver and destroyed whatever they could get their hands on.

3. The City of Vancouver and Police for not doing enough to prevent the riots. What did they learn from 1994? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#13 titan1968, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  14. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    uh no. theres like 2 guys making within a $100,000 of the league minimum.

15. classyron

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wow, you are right. My point is moot. They are all superstars, like Vancouver.

16. cruztbone

Gold Member

and the San Jose Sharks will retake it next year. enjoy it while you can, Boston. and for heavens sake, keep it clean , shiny and on display for the fans!!!!

17. classyron

Gold Member

Albums:
    They need a better goalie, and then they will rule the West! That is all that they are missing right now.

18. conntom

Gold Member

They did....Just as the STUPID FREAKING Hurricanes.... GRRR

19. conntom

Gold Member

Hey Classy...

Bruins fan eh?

You in the Boston area like me???

I was going crazy that night. Awesome win.

One of the most incredible play off runs evahhhh.

Thomas - can;t believe the season and play offs he had.

Marchand - Crazy psycho midget. Glad he is on our team otherwise I'd hate him.

I was at two games this year and frankly did not think they had this in them.

WOOOOHOOOOOOOO

20. conntom

Gold Member

Can't win with Thornton. Ain't gonna happen.

Draft saved Draft deleted