YES! Black History Month is Necesssary.

widenine

Experimental Member
Media
I'm sorry to say that I disagree with the idea of black history month. It simply divides the peoples of the United States. It may make a black child feel good about themselves but what about an hispanic child or asian child, etc. Are they to feel that because they don't have a special month assigned to their people that they are somehow less meaningful in the creation of our country? Or they have less value?
There is enough political capital in this country to have the history books changed to reflect what all the (willing and unwilling) immigrants did to create and make great these United States of America.

Let's be done with what divides us and start looking at what unites us.

I'm all for eliminating the divide between people in the United states and the world..... "Why can't we all just get along?" But unless you've been in a deep rem state for most of your life in America, you know that we aren't just getting along.......... and that race and class are used to keep the priviledged haves divided and apart from the unpriviledged have nots. I must assume that you are not a minority.

Be clear that it's inaccurate to group slaves and their descendants as immigrants. And please be extra clear that immigrants ALWAYS have a choice to relocate when the grass seems greener. Really, these comments reveal your distance from the realities about which you speak. They are careless and haphazard. But they also reveal your good intentions. Unfortunately, the harm that can be caused by this type of thinking is a strong reason for stringent adoption mandates. If we're going to get along as you suggest, we need to live together. And if we permit interracial adoptions, We need rigid screening for cultural-sensitivity within white families wanting to adopt otherwise healthy black, asian and other children as their own. The same, I believe, should be required if a white child is slated to be adopted into a black family.

Your assertion that hispanics are racially different that other groups is almost laughable. If you go anywhere near NY, Miami, PR, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, Colombia, Peru, Chile or Rhode Island, you will see that the hispanic ethnicity is well represented by all races. And it just happens that the black hispanics are also descendants of slaves. They simply did not end up in anglo land. And please note that October, every year, is hispanic heritage month.

spygl4ss

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Actually i live in Alabama so i see racist acts every day
and down in the south its actually the blacks who are the most racist,
acting like they are better then everybody else.
thats why they are treated like second class
because they act like a second class citizens.
a month ago a black junkie murdered two four year old
little girls by stabbing them to death the girls happened to be white,
BUT guess what the reason he killed them for, because they were WHITE.
so in my opinion black history month should be downgraded to a holiday at the most instead of a month,and its not fair to the other races.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually i live in Alabama so i see racist acts every day
and down in the south its actually the blacks who are the most racist,
acting like they are better then everybody else.
thats why they are treated like second class
because they act like a second class citizens.
a month ago a black junkie murdered two four year old
little girls by stabbing them to death the girls happened to be white,
BUT guess what the reason he killed them for, because they were WHITE.
so in my opinion black history month should be downgraded to a holiday at the most instead of a month,and its not fair to the other races.

Yeah true, cause I know all these black people that used to be captured from their homeland and stuffed into boats and brought here and enslaved and beaten and killed, like they weren't humans. I also remember hearing a story or two about black people being hung from trees and dragged from trucks by rednecks like some here, why, because they were black. So fuck it lets take away Independence Day too. So sorry for your two little girls, but a few million black people dying because of the racist white man's need for someone to do something for him and his laziness doesn't compare.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't be proud of your heritage, but I don't go running around calling myself an Scotch-Irish-German and God knows what else American. To me it serves no purpose. Of course not! Every history textbook made in this country is white man history. :rolleyes: :duh:
When did history start coming in colors? And one other thought, for those of us that were born here in America, we are plain and simple Americans, none of this hyphenated crap. It seems some people can't seem to grasp this simple fact.
I grasp this simple fact quite well, thank you very much. I thought that I was just another American as well until I tried not filling in the appropriate race box on a standardized test in the 5th grade. I didn't put white, I just didn't fill in an oval. As a result I almost failed the test. I found out later that the teacher had filled it in correctly and called my mom. My mom explained that since the schools history books were missing huge hunks of American history she and my father felt it was their duty to teach me all history. It just so happend that my dad an EEO officer for the US Navy bought home filmstrips and books from the base library and showed then on the weekends to interested neighbors and family. We had just seen a documentary on the horrors of the Japanese Internment. The people interred were AMERICAN. Due to the fact they didn't look white they were rousted from their homes, had business taken away and forced to live in horse stables, barns, and barracks previously detremined unhabitable.

I will consider forgetting slavery after I forget about what the white man has done to the Japanese, the Chinese, and the Native Americans in this country. Until then you can kiss my sweet black ass! :cool:

Hmmm, that's a possibility. However, Texas may ban me for going to NJ.
And that would be a bad thing because . . . why? :tongue::confused:

No greater perpetuators of racism than those who will not let go of the past. Go ahead and flame me all you want. I will not change my views. If we were to actually have a "White History" month, there would be a civil war. The entire FUCKING year is white history month!!!:aargh4::mad::eek::aargh4:
Get educated, let the water flow under the bridge, and move on. Take a look at Viet Nam...The country we destroyed with Agent Orange and mortar shells? :confused: Is that the Vietnam to which you refer? The country which years after we stopped sending troops had refugees fleeing that devastated country to reach what they hoped would be a better life in the US by rickety boat load and container ship. Okay, I'm looking, why would I want to be like that?

Sorry if I've offended, but GET THE FUCK OVER IT. You will be much happier in the long run...and so will many others on the planet.
I will "get the fuck over it" when every racist bastard like you dies off; and all people, of all colors are treated equally here and abroad. :usa2:

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please don't forget that their own people sold them to the slave traders.

spygl4ss

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Actually bud, they were not captured they willingly got on the boats
you can ask any SMART black person
witch wont be a few cause more than half of the nations school dropouts
are black african descent.
and they were hung cause 9 out of 10 times they had it coming to them
for misc. reasons
so dont try to correct me on pre-[SIZE=-1]Depressional [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Racism
cause this aint jersey and down here blacks are not that friendly
they dont call it the dirty south for nothing.
so very sorry.
[/SIZE]

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually bud, they were not captured they willingly got on the boats
you can ask any SMART black person
witch wont be a few cause more than half of the nations school dropouts
are black african descent.
and they were hung cause 9 out of 10 times they had it coming to them
for misc. reasons
so dont try to correct me on pre-[SIZE=-1]Depressional [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Racism
cause this aint jersey and down here blacks are not that friendly
they dont call it the dirty south for nothing.
so very sorry.
[/SIZE]

Do you consider yourself a SMART person?

You are a complete clown. 9 times out of 10 they had it coming to them? Why, cause they looked at a white girl? How the fuck could you know that? Did you find that fact somewhere? Who told you that one, some dude with a confederate flag? Would you admit you are a racist or do you really think you are not?

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:You_Rock_Emoticon:
I'm sorry to say that I disagree with the idea of black history month. It simply divides the peoples of the United States. It may make a black child feel good about themselves but what about an hispanic child or asian child, etc. Are they to feel that because they don't have a special month assigned to their people that they are somehow less meaningful in the creation of our country? Or they have less value?
There is enough political capital in this country to have the history books changed to reflect what all the (willing and unwilling) immigrants did to create and make great these United States of America.

widenine

Experimental Member
Media
It doesn't upset me, Ms. Fucktard.

My point is that racism is "perpetuated" (there's that word again) by the very celebration of it. Where are the "celebrations" of other peoples we have overrun and decimated? I don't see them.

Are we Americans or are we "White Americans" and "Black Americans"?
I see where you want to go. Unfortunately the realities of present day life are all in the way. You're looking for justice and equality regardless of race in America. But we're not there yet. I see this daily. Perhaps you do not.
I never think of myself as a black man when I'm enjoying nature, jogging, visiting family, etc. It's not until someone who is not black shares his or her differences that I'm aware of my being who I am... Black... maybe not in the truest African sense... but certainly in the truest American sense. So to answer your question. I see myself as a Black American First when I'm in America. When I'm in Jamaica or Haiti, where 90 percent of the population is also black, I am simply as an American. (NO, I'm not from the caribbean. My family grew from slavery to over 400 in the northern U.S since the 1700s.)

spygl4ss

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
no
plenty of reasons
rape
murder
stealing
honestly do i need to keep going
blacks are not sweet little angels like you make them out to be
BUT this whole time im not saying that every black person is bad
no.
my best friend is black and he will tell you the same thing im telling you now
you will meet the most sweetest black people in the world
but i still stand by my point they dont need a month
more like a day.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no
plenty of reasons
rape
murder
stealing
honestly do i need to keep going
blacks are not sweet little angels like you make them out to be
BUT this whole time im not saying that every black person is bad
no.
my best friend is black and he will tell you the same thing im telling you now
you will meet the most sweetest black people in the world
but i still stand by my point they dont need a month
more like a day.

The only point that you made is that you are an ignorant fool. You speak of black people like they are animals, do you believe that to be so?

Are you still in middle school?

D_fitnesswitness

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

As much as I would love for your final sentence to happen....I dont ever think it will...sadly. I do my part, but, thats a huge planet I have to convert with me....peace and love, anyone?

spygl4ss

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
you see you are the fool
because you have no idea what you are talking about
sorry kiddo
and no im actually a psychologist
ill be suprised if you know what that means
and speaking of middle school
check your spelling in that last sentence
" Are you in still in middle school?"
:)

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You aren't a psychologist you clown boy. But that is interesting because I am in the same field. Where did you get your degree from? What is your degree in? What is your specialty?

And you think your claim of being a psychologist means your correct or something? Does that automatically mean you are not ignorant? You would be surprised to see that I know what it means? I got my psychology degree from Johns Hopkins University motherfucker, where did you get yours from?

spygl4ss

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
oh im quite positive im a psychologist
my degree was from Jacksonville State University
would you like to also know who my professor David Mcdaniel
my degree was in nuro-science and psychology(DUH)
and my speciality was in Physics/human anatomy/and clinical health
anything else?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, at what point did you become an ignorant racist? Before or after your professional foray into psychology?

Do you have a degree in all that BS, or do you actually practice it? Not that it matters or anything. But it is sad such an apparently educated man could be so ignorant.

Nice first 5 posts by the way, I'm glad something got you out of the wood work and onto the boards.

spygl4ss

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
when did the hell did i say
i was racist
go back and check
cause im not
and you were the one who brought us into
your so called professional foray into psychology
by interrogating me like a cop about were i got my