YES! Black History Month is Necesssary.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well bring him here I would love to hear what he has to say about your first 15 posts on this website.

I am still thinking you are in high school though, you have the mentality of a foolish kid.

spygl4ss

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
1. its a she
2.my mentality is none of your
concern

and you can think what you want to think
ive already told you were i presently attend
college
come down here and check if you want
i really dont care
just give it a break.

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Actually i live in Alabama so i see racist acts every day... acting like they are better then everybody else.
blacks treated like second class citizens
in my opinion black history month should be downgraded to a holiday at the most instead of a month,and its not fair to the other races.

In the above post you claim that Alabama's blacks deserve to be treated as second class citizens. If they are in some other class than yours, why should it matter to you if they study history for a month, or even a year?
Is it because knowledge is power? According to your next post they could use as much education as they can get::rolleyes:

Actually bud, you can ask any SMART black person witch wont be a few cause more than half of the nations school dropouts are black african descent.
and they were hung cause 9 out of 10 times they had it coming to them
[SIZE=-1]cause this aint jersey and down here blacks are not that friendly
[/SIZE]

I didn't know that half of the nations schools taught witchcraft. I'd love to see those SMART, black, witch statistics of yours. Please provide a link.:confused:

no plenty of reasons
rape, murder ,stealing
honestly do i need to keep going
blacks are not sweet little angels like you make them out to be
BUT this whole time im not saying that every black person is bad
no.

Sadly you already said "blacks are not little angels" and made other sweeping generalizations. It's too late to edit. What a pity.:cool:

when did the hell did i say
i was racist
your so called professional foray into psychology
by interrogating me like a cop about were i got my degree in.
i can do this all night.

If you can do this all night, then by that same right, I expect those other people to do their Black history all month. Instead of murder, rape and stealing you should be glad to see these persons engaged in a construcutive exercise. But I doubt that you will share this view as you are already prejudiced towards blacks.:28:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
no your wrong
he did
it was him and and
rosa parks:)

That's all subjective. There's no right or wrong answer about this.
Their actions helped motivate change, that's for sure, but how can we compare one's actions to another and say that one is greater? MLK & Rosa Parks were basically protesters... unlike someone like George Washington Carver who was an actual inventor who created things, including many things out of peanuts that we still use today.

There's no real way to compare any of this. But it helps to know it.

spygl4ss

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i work as a psychologist in my town
i may not be the leading MAN
but i work under my boss
and i still attend college
anything else

and for dreamer 20
im not racist or prejudice if i was
i wouldnt be standing here and talking
i would be 6ft under
so your a flat out idiot yourself

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, you don't work as a psychologist in your town unless you have all the necessary degrees. Do you even know what the requirements are for being a psychologist? Maybe you are an intern or something like that, but you are not a psychologist.

That is like me saying I work for a millionaire so therefore I am a millionaire.

eaglespga88

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They have an A. Philip Randolph highschool in my hometown..a black civil rights leader :) They also have a Forrest high school, one of the founders of the KKK and a civil war leader in the south... Jax is so fucked up :/

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Is making a white child take part in black history month going to make them respect black people any more or less then they already do? Also is it compulsory or voluntary for children to celebrate?

My point being it is a great concept and by the sounds of it very overdue, but are people's rites and choices NOT to participate being recognized?

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They have an A. Philip Randolph highschool in my hometown..a black civil rights leader :) They also have a Forrest high school, one of the founders of the KKK and a civil war leader in the south... Jax is so fucked up :/

My brother graduated from Nathan Bedford Forrest HS, it is both astonishing that a school would be named that, it is not very old, and that there has not been a campaign to change it.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually bud, they were not captured they willingly got on the boats Correction: Some Africans were unfortunately sold into slavery by the tribal leaders. These were often warriors who had been captured that the king or queen no longer wished to have in their realm; but had no intention of returning to their rightful home.
you can ask any SMART black person (witch) wont be a few cause more than half of the nations school dropouts are black african descent. Really? :confused:That's amazing, since blacks make up less than 35% of the country. :rolleyes: By the way, are you calling blacks witches or did you mean to use the word which? :tongue:
and they were hung cause 9 out of 10 times they had it coming to them
for misc. reasons BULLSHIT! You need to rent the movie White Man's Burden with John Travolta and Jarry Belafonte. Though I doubt you would understand or appreciate the irony.
so dont try to correct me on pre-Depressional Racism
cause this aint jersey and down here blacks are not that friendly
they dont call it the dirty south for nothing. so very sorry.
<---- This is not the post of an educated professional. I googled pre-depressional racism and came up with a lot of nothing.:confused: Are you referring to racism ocurring prior to the Great Deprression?

no
plenty of reasons
rape
murder
stealing
honestly do i need to keep going Please do, because you make it sound like only blacks commit crimes. When I know for a fact there are white, asian, latino and even native americans who commit the same crimes on a daily basis all over the country.
blacks are not sweet little angels like you make them out to be :biggrin1:
no. Actually, you kinda are.
my best friend is black and he will tell you the same thing im telling you now
you will meet the most sweetest black people in the world
but i still stand by my point they dont need a month
more like a day.
I do not for one second believe you have a black friend.:rolleyes:

you see you are the fool
because you have no idea what you are talking about
sorry kiddo
and no im actually a psychologist
ill be suprised if you know what that means
and speaking of middle school
check your spelling in that last sentence
" Are you in still in middle school?"
:)
I have been guilty of typing in text or net speak at times. I understand his criticism of your writing style as your posts read like those of an angry and not too bright teenager.

oh im quite positive im a psychologist
my degree was from Jacksonville State University
would you like to also know who my professor David Mcdaniel
my degree was in nuro-science and psychology(DUH)
and my speciality was in Physics/human anatomy/and clinical health
anything else?
Yes, I'm just a silly art history major; but I am pretty sure neuro is spelled with an 'e'.

when did the hell did i say
i was racist
go back and check
cause im not
and you were the one who brought us into
your so called professional foray into psychology
by interrogating me like a cop about were i got my
degree in.
im begining to think you would argue with a stick

i can do this all night.
LOL Everything you have posted has made you sound like the worst kind of ignorant, narrow-minded, racist fool. Next to you Archie Bunker would look like Al Sharpton. :tongue:

As for your education I wouldn't brag too much. Clearly you are not familiar with basic syntax and sentence structure. Even if I ignore your inability to use capital letters and apostrophes, you repeat words unnecessarily, hit return for no apparent reason; and your spelling is atrocious. Then there is your inability to use which and witch correctly. You are immensely confused on where, were, their, there, and they're.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Is making a white child take part in black history month going to make them respect black people any more or less then they already do? Also is it compulsory or voluntary for children to celebrate?

I don't think anyone is forcing kids to take part in Black History Month. There's no law that says it has to be celebrated. It's really up to the schools to do something about it. Some don't have to worry about it because they make it a point to teach about important Black people in history when it calls for it. Others go the lazy route and wait till February, trying to lump it all into one month to make it look like they care.

Reality is... if all History classes around the USA were already integrating this stuff in their existing studies and spread it out so that it followed the same historical timeline as everything else, then we wouldn't even be worried about Black History Month to begin with.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
no
plenty of reasons
rape
murder
stealing
honestly do i need to keep going
blacks are not sweet little angels like you make them out to be
no.
my best friend is black and he will tell you the same thing im telling you now
you will meet the most sweetest black people in the world
but i still stand by my point they dont need a month
more like a day.

I'm never surprised, by how many racist's, come out of the woodworks here at lpsg.
I seriously doubt you, have even one black friend, at all.
If you did,have voiced this "idea", to him?
Why don't you tell him, and let us know what he thinks, about your clever idea! Hmmm?
cigarbabe:saevil:

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Let me educate you pup, as well as some others. It seems you are clearly unaware that for over 100 years the only thing mentioned in U.S. history books about Black Americans was slavery. So yes, Black History Month is still necessary.

Wait, you mean to say that there's more to Black History than slavery? You don't say... :tongue:

simcha

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes Simchadear, and there is more to Passover than matzo and flat chocolate cakes.

What? Really? And I thought it was just an excuse to eat Matzo Brei for 8 days.

Matzo Brei

4 sheets plain matzo
2 eggs
water
butter
Salt and pepper to taste

Crumble matzo into medium pieces in bowl. Cover with water for 1-3 minutes to soften matzo (depending on how cruchy you like it). Drain water off. Add to matzo 2 eggs and salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Melt butter medium size frying pan. Add matzo/egg mixture to frying pan and fry until it clumps (or browns a bit).

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What? Really? And I thought it was just an excuse to eat Matzo Brei for 8 days.

Matzo Brei

4 sheets plain matzo
2 eggs
water
butter
Salt and pepper to taste

Crumble matzo into medium pieces in bowl. Cover with water for 1-3 minutes to soften matzo (depending on how cruchy you like it). Drain water off. Add to matzo 2 eggs and salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Melt butter medium size frying pan. Add matzo/egg mixture to frying pan and fry until it clumps (or browns a bit).

That sounds like the Kosher equivalent of gruel. :tongue:

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
The only qualms I have with BHM is the fact that in my own country I can sometimes feel like a "second-class" ciztizen for being a white British man. The amazing PC world we live is the fact that even the idea of a "British History month" where we would celebrate and recognise British history would be absurd and racist. Of course we do learn about history in Britain but when we don't even get a national holiday for St. George's day I start to wonder about double standards.