Yes Virginia, I like disco

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay I still recall what this music made sex like... the dancing, the abandon, it was real folks and the music suited the era to a "t".

Here's my favorite by Karen Young

♪ I'm not tired of burning it's gettin' me REAL hot... :cool: ♪

Why yes. Yes it is and yes it did.

Please don't make an "I hate disco" thread out of this. It's meant in good fun and I truly love the genre.

Anyone who shares my reminiscent passion for disco music please share your favorite from those halcyon days when we were ALL so innocent.

** now where'd I leave those quaaludes?

Last edited:

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay I still recall what this music made sex like... the dancing, the abandon, it was real folks and the music suited the era to a "t".

Here's my favorite by Karen Young

♪ I'm not tired of burning it's gettin' me REAL hot... :cool: ♪

Why yes. Yes it is and yes it did.

Please don't make an "I hate disco" thread out of this. It's meant in good fun and I truly love the genre.

Anyone who shares my reminiscent passion for disco music please share your favorite from those halcyon days when we were ALL so innocent.

** now where'd I leave those quaaludes?

I CANNOT believe you posted that! I used to LOVE that song and remember seeing her on a Midnight Special type show called Soap Factory! Thx for that!:biggrin1: Speaking of discooooo and Olivia The Rumor

I wonder if you can rip just the vocal from a YT video?

Last edited:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seems as if someone is trying to revive the long-deceased disco. Now it's time for some musical zombie huntin' for me.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
guys thanks for going with the flow....

I can still recall the feeling of this song walking up the stairs of the 1270 in Boston (first gay bar outside of Bay Village's "Jacques" and the sleazy "The Other Side").

The instrumental is really well thought through.

One question though?

Why do straight males invariably hate disco? Hmmm.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like it? I LOVE DISCO! :heart: I grew up on it. :smile: I was way too young for Studio 54; but I was definetely boogeying to Disco tunes with my friends at the local roller skating rink.

Knock on Wood is great to skate to. :smile:

bigboy9239

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
As a musician myself, I can appreciate all music.....case in point..I fancy myself as a Marcus Miller funkateer, but spent the entire weekend playing KISS's Detroit Rock City with a couple of buddies ( I love the bass line!) Stacy Latisaw was great!! "Let me be your Angel" is my favorite by her. Now, lets see what i can come up with.....how about.... "Together, Baby" by Tierra (which is a re-make of Philly's own Intruders "Together". Both great songs.

MissPretty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I love disco! I'm not really old enough to have been a part of the "Disco Era" from the 1970's but disco is still very much alive and dance music and dancing is a really big part of my life. :biggrin1:

I love to dance...and I go dancing frequently and it's such a freeing and exciting feeling! I used to work some in dance...and disco was a big part of that when I could work it in. Roller disco! I saw something on TV recently about this and although i've danced on skates i've never been a part of a larger roller disco party. I wish I could! :smile:

Disco is so sexy...very freeing and fun and music and dancing is such a big part of my life. Disco...I love it!

:smile:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh Yeah-

Do You Wanna Funk by Sylvester is a phenomenal song. So's You Make me Feel Mighty Real. The late Sylvester had something evolved about his contribution to disco.

Disco's not "dead" as one nineteen year old poster here put it.

It's just been renamed; techno

curiousvirgin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
love disco/clubbing , love dancing.... you're right straight guys never dance, they just drink.
i had my gay friend get lessons for salsa dancin with me =) was absolute fun.
My fav song at the moment is Sonique- lovin feels so good (club mix)- such a turn on. that's a link for it.
YouTube - Sonique - It Feels So Good HIGH QUALITY