Yet ANOTHER case of domestic terrorism

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Over the weekend, news went around about a Somali-born US Citizen who was caught by feds trying to set off a car bomb at a christmas tree lighting ceremony in Oregon. A thread already exists with that information here.

But now situations get worse... apparently, someone thought it would be a good idea to burn down the church that the suspect attended. - Arsonist Sets Fire To Oregon Mosque Frequented By Mohamed Osman Mohamud

Two more steps backward, people. What pathetic times our country is heading towards. :mad:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
not so sure that it is backwards, Muslims have a very long history of burning down churches and religious structures and people of any denomination that is not their own, dates back to mohammed himself. Mosque is a place where people go to preach hate speech and incitement to violence, not only this but a substantial amount of people put these to practice too.

Only law in islam that says that non-muslim structures should not be burnt down, also states that this condition is only if they pay the jizya(discriminatory tax on non-muslims only).

Allowing muslims to build mosques and print korans where any other belief system as such would be strictly banned already coincides with other laws, least their members actually go out and become practicing nazis. I think that something needs to be done.

I don't believe in eye-for-an-eye, but when objectively addressing an offending ideology and not a race, perhaps it's an appropriate and due form of action

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
not so sure that it is backwards, Muslims have a very long history of burning down churches and religious structures and people of any denomination that is not their own. Mosque is a place where people go to preach hate speech and incitement to violence, not only this but a substancial amount of people put these to practice too.

Allowing muslims to build mosques and print korans where any other belief system as such would be strictly banned already coincides with other laws, least their members actually go out and become pracitcing nazis. I think that something needs to be done.

I don't believe in eye-for-an-eye, but when objectively addressing an offending ideology and not a race, perhaps it's an appropriate and due form of action

That can be done without resorting to arson or something that is also illegal and hurts innocent people.

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
That can be done without resorting to arson or something that is also illegal and hurts innocent people.
If by 'innocent' you mean non-muslims, well then i agree. And no, here what hapened was that it was fired at a building, it was to burn the mosque down not the people in it. Note taken that this is the same mosque where this man came from, i think that if muslims really seriously care, they would do something, and the mosque would do something symbolic o show and appropriately that it doesn't condone what this man hadd done, then put action behind words. i don't think taht htis is possilble

didn't we bring down the berlin wall? /all ex nazi gathering centers?

people have freedom of opinion and this should always be respected, however they don't have a right to incite violence and hatred, not in front of the law.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If by 'innocent' you mean non-muslims, well then i agree. And no, here what hapened was that it was fired at a building, it was to burn the mosque down not the people in it. [BN]ote taken that this is the same mosque where this man came from[/B], i think that if muslims really seriously care, they would do something, and the mosque would do something symbolic o show and appropriately that it doesn't condone what this man hadd done, then put action behind words. i don't think taht htis is possilble

That is still not an excuse.
You don't condemn or penalize an entire religion, or in this case an entire church for the actions of one person. That's the equivalent of destroying an entire housing facility and putting everyone who lives there out on the street just because one person who lived in the complex was a drug dealer or a rapist. The arsonist could be reacting to his angst against Muslims, and you can side with his motives if you choose. But the culprit's actions are still illegal and victimizes too many people who did nothing wrong... Muslim and non-muslim. It's a hate crime and should be treated as such.

JTalbain

Experimental Member
Media
this is what's more important... being tolerant.
Yeah, that is actually what is most important. Many Muslim kids are indoctrinated into a belief system that their religion is the one right and only true way, and that any American is the Devil. But when they lash out at us by painting everyone with the same brush, and we strike back by burning down their places of worship, where does that honestly get anyone? By doing such things, we only provide more ammunition for why we should be hated. Such actions shouldn't be tolerated on general principle, not because of any PC motivation, but because it is WRONG.

For all of our high-horse thetoric, we often come across as a bunch of two-faced charlatans. It's no wonder so many countries in the world have been afraid of us in recent times.

noirman

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Regardless of theological and political differences, bombing a place of worship (by either side) is reprehensible. I am sure the racists who bombed the church in Birmingham decades ago felt similarly justified.

D_Myer_Dogasflees

Experimental Member
Media
That is still not an excuse.
You don't condemn or penalize an entire religion, or in this case an entire church for the actions of one person.That's the equivalent of destroying an entire housing facility and putting everyone who lives there out on the street just because one person who lived in the complex was a drug dealer or a rapist.{No it isn't, not unless everyone living in the housing facility has the same belief system that instructs and funds people to rape} The arsonist could be reacting to his angst against Muslims, and you can side with his motives if you choose. But the culprit's actions are still illegal and victimizes too many people who did nothing wrong... Muslim and non-muslim. It's a hate crime and should be treated as such. {yes he is, and if it is objectifable that Islam lead the perpetrator to do what he done, then perhaps it is just, same way a Jew would backlash over Nazim}
Well we couldn't blame Nazis for Hitler either...

No, we can.

IF the religion/belief system preaches this, people practice it, then we could blame the religon. Just how many Muslims opposed what hitler done? Just how many rally against terrorism? The majority both support and fund terrorism.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well we couldn't blame Nazis for Hitler either...

No, we can.

Am I arguing with Glenn Beck? :rolleyes:

IF the religion/belief system preaches this, people practice it, then we could blame the religon. Just how many Muslims opposed what hitler done? Just how many rally against terrorism? The majority both support and fund terrorism.

If that's your reasoning, then I hope you're atheist because within every religion there is a fanatical set, that makes up a very small percentage and not the majority as you incorrectly propagate, who teaches & promotes hate regardless if their followers act out on it. Otherwise, you have assumed a rather hypocritical stance on this issue and that's not a good look.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
not so sure that it is backwards, Muslims have a very long history of burning down churches and religious structures and people of any denomination that is not their own, dates back to mohammed himself. Mosque is a place where people go to preach hate speech and incitement to violence, not only this but a substantial amount of people put these to practice too.

Only law in islam that says that non-muslim structures should not be burnt down, also states that this condition is only if they pay the jizya(discriminatory tax on non-muslims only).

Allowing muslims to build mosques and print korans where any other belief system as such would be strictly banned already coincides with other laws, least their members actually go out and become practicing nazis. I think that something needs to be done.

How are the former Palestinian mosques in Israel holding up? Do you know?

P.S.
Fuck you, you racist cunt bag.

Regardless of theological and political differences, bombing a place of worship (by either side) is reprehensible. I am sure the racists who bombed the church in Birmingham decades ago felt similarly justified.

Excellent point.