Yet another Democrat doesn't pay taxes; but has the good form to back out

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_starinvestor, Feb 3, 2009.

1. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

Nancy Killefer; nominated by Obama to be the first chief performance officer, is withdrawing her post because of tax problems.

Geesh, I knew liberals didn't give to charities or donate to the less fortunate; but they don't even pay their taxes to do their part for the country, either.

What do you libs do with your money?

2. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
  3. quercusone

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Its getting to be like the conservatives and their propensity for anonymous gay sex.

4. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    We wave it in front of you and go "nyah, nyah, nyah."

5. D_Rod Staffinbone

D_Rod Staffinbone Account Disabled

thank god! a hung texan who can take a jab at conservatives.

6. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Have you read Dana Milbank's column on this issue at the Washington Post
    It's nauseating how all these millionaire senators will vouch for and support each other as their colleague goes through the obligatory apologies and restitutional tap dancing, as they always seem to do.

#6 rawbone8, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  7. faceking

Albums:
    Yes They Can!

:p

8. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

So, was this thread started because a politician was exposed for not paying taxes (like that surprises anyone), or is the OP doing it just because the culprit is a Democrat. Let me know now before I post my power list of conservative tax evaders as a rebuttal. :rolleyes:

Most politicians are corrupt to some level. Regardless of party affiliation. That is understood by all. So stop the ridiculous finger pointing.

9. treefarmer

treefarmer New Member

Star, didn't you know that's why Dems want to raise taxes -- they have to make up for those they aren't paying and want the government to do all sorts of charity work so they don't have to give or work for charities.

Daschle, Geithner, Rangle, now Killefer -- at least Richardson didn't withdraw because he was a tax cheat ... he was different kind of crook

Pelosi, supported by Rangle, exempted Starkist from minimum wage laws (you know those little people they want to help) ... Pelosi has a large interest in Starkist ... that's how they spend their money and our money

90% of the players in the Fannie May/Freddie Mac scam are Dems -- several, including Dodd, received sweetheart deals on their mortgages

I know the leftists and Dems on this site don't want to hear more -- they'll probably point to Tom Foley who only wrote notes to the pages, not Studd who most likely had actual sex with one and then carried on the relationship after he turned 18 and became legal or Reynolds who sexually assaulted several YOUNG girls

The crooks in the Bush admin -- Scooter Libby who "lied" to an investigator investigating the Plame affair who was NOT a CIA agent and who, along with her Dem husband, outed herself which Fitzgerald knew 3 HOURS after he was appointed Special Persecutor to get Bush and Cheney for it (incidently, Powell and Hermitage, RINOs, did the "outing" but they are leftist buddies

This is already too long and yet I could continue for hours with the RECORD number of Clinton/Dem officials indicted, convicted and sentenced during the "great" Clinton era ...

10. faceking

Albums:
    Actually, you'd figure the new administration would start vet these candidates... and question #2 (after #1: "Are you interested?") would be: "Do you currently, or have in the past had questionable tax circumstances?".

I guess the 3rd time wasn't the charm.

11. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Someone for got about the list of all the people in Reagan's time in office who were indicted and convicted and jailed. It was a couple of hundred.

Wasn't this the "golden age" of the trickle down theory?

Can't recall anyone other than Clinton who was indicted in his time of office, or anyone from else his administration. Clinton by the way, was found not guilty.

All this mudslinging aimed at the new administration makes me kind of sad.

It's sad there are so many stupid petty bigots out there.

#11 ZOS23xy, Feb 3, 2009
  12. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    It's Christmas in February for you, star. I didn't file for 3 years at one point. For two reasons, neither of them good: I have a very complicated return (although my family has a very good accountant and I don't do all that much of the big work) and I'm an intrinsic procrastinator.

So, just about the time it occurred that this was about to become really bad, I put the pedal to the metal and added up all the hundreds (literally) of taxi receipts and business dinner tabs
    (which my accountant will not do for me) and spot and ongoing charitable donations and put the numbers together and paid up, interest and penalties included. Which, even with a good accountant massaging them, were considerable.

And, although these things happen, I've paid my dues but I don't think this little peccadillo should by definition disqualify me for public service in the event that I were so honored to be asked and if I were otherwise up to the task at hand. :wink:

#12 B_Nick8, Feb 3, 2009
  13. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And if we're dealing with politicians as a whole, I'm sure they won't learn by the 30th time either. Democrat or Republican, seeing stories like this don't surprise me a bit. Hell, has ANYONE here been 100% truthful about their taxes??

14. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Ok. This is getting to be a bit ridiculous.

First, Tim Geithner's tax problems. Then Daschle. Now Killefer.

In all honesty, for all Obama's talk of "change", I'm seeing the same old names & faces from Clinton's administration.... I wanted NEW and fresh and inspirational... And now three nominees (& confirmations) and three tax problems in a row.

I hope Obama can regain control of this narrative and not let the media distract him. These nominees should have been properly vetted.

But I still have Obama's back!

15. B_starinvestor

Good point, VB. Guess you'll be giving Bush a pass on the war crimes stuff, too? Ah, all poli's are corrupt. Let it go.

Just interesting...in a job that in which salary comes from tax dollars...yet don't think you yourself need to pay taxes....hyp...hypo....nevermind.

16. treefarmer

treefarmer New Member

Cite them. "Hundreds?" Utter bullshit.

17. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

And star:

This is sort of analogous to republicans pushing a "family values" platform....

Then we get Mark Foley... and David Vitter... and Larry Craig... Newt Gingrich cheating on his wife while simultaneously going after Bill Clinton... blah blah blah...

Ok. Fine. Daschle is now reportedly withdrawing his nomination.... You damned cons badgering and nitpicking every nominee. HAPPY NOW??

18. B_starinvestor

True; but the gay sex isn't a drain on the Treasury.

19. faceking

Albums:
    Daschle... just a number of minutes... backpeddled and withdrew as well.

20. D_Rod Staffinbone

D_Rod Staffinbone Account Disabled

true, as gays can't legally marry and get the tax advantage of
    "married filing jointly". even gays in monogamous relationships have
    to pay at the higher rate, a windfall for the treasury department.

at least, so far, gays don't have to fight in unjustified wars, unless they stay in the closet. they just have to pay a higher percentage of their income to pay for it all. i'm sure gays will be allowed to serve as equals in the military (as they should)
    before they'll be granted fully legal civil unions or legal marriage rights at a federal level.

#20 D_Rod Staffinbone, Feb 3, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted