Yet another GOP pedophile.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, idiot, I'm still waiting for you to tell me what you know about William Jefferson Clinton and a refrigerator full of cash.

Come on, out with it.

Prove to us what your sources have...

I threw the Clinton in there for a joke. Answer my question.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can see how it might be interpreted that way, but that wasn't quite my point.

My point was that goody-goody organizations (the ones that are telling you to hold to certain standards) are filled with hypocrites...

And because Republicans frequently mix religious morality with their positions, they make more news when they fall from grace.

Liberals, on the other hand, don't stand on religious, thou-shalt-not platforms. Therefore, their particular hypocrisies aren't as visible, and frankly just aren't as newsworthy. (Sex, scandals, big names, death tolls and crime are the subjects that make headlines.)

- - - - -

And no -- I'm not a Democrat. I can't completely agree with them because I understand that business/economics/tax have certain requirements that don't mix with liberalism. Republicans, however, are waaaaaay too intertwined with religion and morality.

I read your posts and I think you are a Libertarian. It is an OK place to be and at one time I described myself that way. That is why I can say I really do not give a crap about drugs and homosexuality etcetera. But to say there should not be any standards or goals or no one telling people there is a right and a wrong I think you are misguided.

I think to call some one a hypocrite should be warranted by something stronger than some one that preaches one thing and then does another. We are all sinners and everyone makes mistakes. I can only think of Al Gore right now but there are plenty of "conservatives" and "religious" people that fit the bill.

Al Gore: You need to stop carbon emissions so I will tax you while I dump more carbon into the atmosphere than 100 of you will ever use.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC,

You are an idiot if you think that media that votes for a democrat in presidential races 85% of the time is always fair and unbiased. Get a clue.

Just because there are two parties doesn't mean that each is right 50% of the time. Perhaps a fair and unbiased view of the world and of politics would lead you to the conclusion that the Republicans don't represent an intelligent or responsible choice. I didn't always feel that way, but GW and his cronies are certainly making a strong case for it.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I read your posts and I think you are a Libertarian. It is an OK place to be and at one time I described myself that way. That is why I can say I really do not give a crap about drugs and homosexuality etcetera. But to say there should not be any standards or goals or no one telling people there is a right and a wrong I think you are misguided.

I think to call some one a hypocrite should be warranted by something stronger than some one that preaches one thing and then does another. We are all sinners and everyone makes mistakes. I can only think of Al Gore right now but there are plenty of "conservatives" and "religious" people that fit the bill.

It's not the government's job to tell us what is right and what is wrong.

Morality laws, where "criminals" haven't actually injured someone or their propery, are stupid.

And to gear civil laws to favor only "approved" lifestyles (e.g. marriage between "a man and a woman") is in violation of the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, and the Bill of Rights.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just because there are two parties doesn't mean that each is right 50% of the time. Perhaps a fair and unbiased view of the world and of politics would lead you to the conclusion that the Republicans don't represent an intelligent or responsible choice. I didn't always feel that way, but GW and his cronies are certainly making a strong case for it.

That is right but the last two elections were won by Republicans. So the rest of the public was close to 48% bad guys and 52% good guys but the media were 85% for the bad guys. Where is the logic? I could see in a land slide victory like Regan's where the media if they voted like the rest of the country would look like they are biased towards republicans.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But in our country, it doesn't happen on both sides. Or rather, it happens so much more often on one side that it's a joke.
  • 2007: Donald Fleischmann (R), used alcohol and pot to solicit sex from a minor.
  • 2007: Larry Craig (R), disorderly conduct/bathroom solicitation
  • 2007: Glenn Murphy (R), sexual assault, by fellating a sleeping houseguest
  • 2007: Bob Allen (R), solicitation of prostitution (offered money to an undercover cop to suck him off)
  • 2007: David Vitter (R), solicitation of prostitution (the "DC Madam" case)
  • 2007: Randall Tobias (R), solicitation of prostitution (also the "DC Madam" case)
  • 2006: Ted Haggard (R), amphetamines/solicitation of prostitution
  • 2006: Mark Foley (R), cybersex with underage pages
  • 2005: Jim West (R), child molestation
  • 2005: Jeff Gannon (R), Bush's press-corps prostitute
Want a sex scandal involving a Democrat? You'll have to go all the way back to Jim McGreevey, 2004, to find one of note.

Pretending that this is a bipartisan issue is a cop-out.

Wait a minute here. The topic is pedophiles.
Craig wasn't involved with a child. Murphy did it to a 22 year old. Allen, Vitter, Tobias, Haggard, and Gannon were not pedophile cases. Out of the 10 that you mentioned, Fleischmann, Foley and West were the only ones involving children. I'm not making excuses, but adults and children are two different things.

If you want to talk about Democratic sex scandals there are just as many. Some involve adults, and some children. Of course we have Jim McGreevey and Bill Clinton. But let's not forget:

Sen. Daniel Inouye. The 82-year-old Hawaii Democrat was accused in the 1990s by numerous women of sexual harassment. Democrats cast doubt on the allegations and the Senate Ethics Committee dropped its investigation.

Former Rep. Gus Savage. The Illinois Democrat was accused of fondling a Peace Corps volunteer in 1989 while on a trip to Africa. The House Ethics Committee decided against disciplinary action in 1990.

Rep. Barney Frank. The outspoken Massachusetts Democrat hired a male prostitute who ran a prostitution service from Frank’s residence in the 1980s. Only two Democrats in the House of Representatives voted to censure him in 1990.

Former Sen. Brock Adams. The late Washington Democrat was forced to stop campaigning after numerous accusations of drugging, assault and rape, the first surfacing in 1988.

Former Rep. Fred Richmond. This New York Democrat was arrested in 1978 for soliciting sex from a 16-year-old. He remained in Congress and won re-election—before eventually resigning in 1982 after pleading guilty to tax evasion and drug possession.

Former Rep. John Young. The late Texas Democrat increased the salary of a staffer after she gave in to his sexual advances. The congressman won re-election in 1976 but lost two years later.

Former Rep. Wayne Hays. The late Ohio Democrat hired an unqualified secretary reportedly for sexual acts. Although he resigned from Congress, the Democratic House leadership stalled in removing him from the Administration Committee in 1976.

Former Rep. Gerry Studds. He was censured for sexual relationship with underage male page in 1983. Massachusetts voters returned him to office for six more terms.

Former Rep. Mel Reynolds. The Illinois Democrat was convicted of 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16-year-old. President Bill Clinton pardoned him before leaving office.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And some more Democratic sex scandals:

Gary Condit
- Democrat - US Democratic Congressman from California. Condit had an affair with an intern. Condit, covered up the affair and lied to police after she went missing. No charges were ever filed against Condit. Her remains were discovered in a Washington DC park.

Neil Goldschmidt - Democrat - Oregon governor. Admitted to having an illegal sexual relationship with a 14-year-old teenager while he was serving as Mayor of Portland.

Allan Turner Howe - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Utah from 1975 to 1977. Arrested for soliciting a policewoman posing as a prostitute.

Joseph Waggonner Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Louisiana from 1961 to 19 79. Arrested in Washington, D.C. for soliciting a policewoman posing as a prostitute.

Jerry Springer - Democrat - Resigned from Cincinnati City Council in 1974 after admitting to paying a prostitute with a personal check, which was found in a police raid on a massage parlor.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That is right but the last two elections were won by Republicans. So the rest of the public was close to 48% bad guys and 52% good guys but the media were 85% for the bad guys. Where is the logic? I could see in a land slide victory like Regan's where the media if they voted like the rest of the country would look like they are biased towards republicans.

I literally have no idea what you're trying to say. If you want to rephrase I'll make a second attempt. Yes, Reagan won a landslide victory. and the media loved him and in general still does. Where's your point?

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC, You are an idiot if you think that media that votes for a democrat in presidential races 85% of the time is always fair and unbiased. Get a clue.

You're an idiot if you think that 85% of all journalists in the U.S. vote Democratic. That 85% figure is from one study, only of journalists in Washington DC, and done a long time ago. Please don't tell me statistics about U.S. journalists until you have read: The American Journalist in the 21st Century: U.S. News People at the Dawn of a New Millennium, by David H. Weaver, Randal A. Beam, Bonnie J. Brownlee, and Paul S. Voakes (2006), and other current and methodologically sound studies, instead of quoting some figure you heard from a right-wing nut on some talk show or blog.

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I literally have no idea what you're trying to say. If you want to rephrase I'll make a second attempt. Yes, Reagan won a landslide victory. and the media loved him and in general still does. Where's your point?

Regan won in a landslide so it would make sense that a greater percentage of the media would vote for him than would vote for the democrat (most likely not the case). But in the case of Bush, the country went 50/50 and the media went 85% against him. This shows their bias.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And some more Democratic sex scandals:
Gary Condit
- Democrat - US Democratic Congressman from California. Condit had an affair with an intern. Condit, covered up the affair and lied to police after she went missing. No charges were ever filed against Condit. Her remains were discovered in a Washington DC park.
Neil Goldschmidt - Democrat - Oregon governor. Admitted to having an illegal sexual relationship with a 14-year-old teenager while he was serving as Mayor of Portland.
Allan Turner Howe - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Utah from 1975 to 1977. Arrested for soliciting a policewoman posing as a prostitute.
Joseph Waggonner Jr. - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Louisiana from 1961 to 19 79. Arrested in Washington, D.C. for soliciting a policewoman posing as a prostitute.
Jerry Springer - Democrat - Resigned from Cincinnati City Council in 1974 after admitting to paying a prostitute with a personal check, which was found in a police raid on a massage parlor.

None of them gay!

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You're an idiot if you think that 85% of all journalists in the U.S. vote Democratic. That 85% figure is from one study, only of journalists in Washington DC, and done a long time ago. Please don't tell me statistics about U.S. journalists until you have read: The American Journalist in the 21st Century: U.S. News People at the Dawn of a New Millennium, by David H. Weaver, Randal A. Beam, Bonnie J. Brownlee, and Paul S. Voakes (2006), and other current and methodologically sound studies, instead of quoting some figure you heard from a right-wing nut on some talk show or blog.

Link it, idiot.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Wait a minute here. The topic is pedophiles.
Craig wasn't involved with a child. Murphy did it to a 22 year old. Allen, Vitter, Tobias, Haggard, and Gannon were not pedophile cases. Out of the 10 that you mentioned, Fleischmann, Foley and West were the only ones involving children. I'm not making excuses, but adults and children are two different things.

If you want to talk about Democratic sex scandals there are just as many. Some involve adults, and some children. Of course we have Jim McGreevey and Bill Clinton. But let's not forget:

Sen. Daniel Inouye. The 82-year-old Hawaii Democrat was accused in the 1990s by numerous women of sexual harassment. Democrats cast doubt on the allegations and the Senate Ethics Committee dropped its investigation.

Former Rep. Gus Savage. The Illinois Democrat was accused of fondling a Peace Corps volunteer in 1989 while on a trip to Africa. The House Ethics Committee decided against disciplinary action in 1990.

Rep. Barney Frank. The outspoken Massachusetts Democrat hired a male prostitute who ran a prostitution service from Frank’s residence in the 1980s. Only two Democrats in the House of Representatives voted to censure him in 1990.

Former Sen. Brock Adams. The late Washington Democrat was forced to stop campaigning after numerous accusations of drugging, assault and rape, the first surfacing in 1988.

Former Rep. Fred Richmond. This New York Democrat was arrested in 1978 for soliciting sex from a 16-year-old. He remained in Congress and won re-election—before eventually resigning in 1982 after pleading guilty to tax evasion and drug possession.

Former Rep. John Young. The late Texas Democrat increased the salary of a staffer after she gave in to his sexual advances. The congressman won re-election in 1976 but lost two years later.

Former Rep. Wayne Hays. The late Ohio Democrat hired an unqualified secretary reportedly for sexual acts. Although he resigned from Congress, the Democratic House leadership stalled in removing him from the Administration Committee in 1976.

Former Rep. Gerry Studds. He was censured for sexual relationship with underage male page in 1983. Massachusetts voters returned him to office for six more terms.

Former Rep. Mel Reynolds. The Illinois Democrat was convicted of 12 counts of sexual assault with a 16-year-old. President Bill Clinton pardoned him before leaving office.

Only two of them gay, and both of them were a long time ago (20 years, more or less). The closeted gay Republican politician types, with boys or men, are still behaving like it's the 1970s--or the 1950s. Even their sex scandals have to be brought--kicking and screaming--into the 1980s.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Regan won in a landslide so it would make sense that a greater percentage of the media would vote for him than would vote for the democrat (most likely not the case). But in the case of Bush, the country went 50/50 and the media went 85% against him. This shows their bias.

Maybe they are are better informed and better educated than the public at large. and shouldn't they be?

Further, their voting records may demonstrate a personal bias, but it doesn't satisfactorily demonstrate a bias in their reporting. Before Fox News there were things called journalistic integrity, ethics, and intellectual honesty.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I threw the Clinton in there for a joke. Answer my question.
What question did you ask me? All I saw was you calling me an idiot, I didn't see a question...
DC,

You are an idiot if you think that media that votes for a democrat in presidential races 85% of the time is always fair and unbiased. Get a clue.
You've repeated this several times, now, and I have to ask you... exactly how does the media "vote?" Which precinct does the Washington Times vote in?

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Only two of them gay, and both of them were a long time ago (20 years, more or less). The closeted gay Republican politician types, with boys or men, are still behaving like it's the 1970s--or the 1950s. Even their sex scandals have to be brought--kicking and screaming--into the 1980s.

The Democratic liberal media is out to expose the dirty Republicans but not the dirty Democrats.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sen. Daniel Inouye. The 82-year-old Hawaii Democrat was accused in the 1990s by numerous women of sexual harassment. Democrats cast doubt on the allegations and the Senate Ethics Committee dropped its investigation. [yadda yadda yadda]

This article you cut-and-pasted is originally by Michael McCrae (source), and reading the list in context reveals McCrae's biases.

His list of Democratic peccadilletantes reaches as far back as 1975. So, um, nine Democrats in over thirty years? I was able to list ten Republicans in two years.

Your rebuttal appears to reinforce my point.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This article you cut-and-pasted is originally by Michael McCrae (source), and reading the list in context reveals McCrae's biases.

His list of Democratic peccadilletantes reaches as far back as 1975. So, um, nine Democrats in over thirty years? I was able to list ten Republicans in two years.

Your rebuttal appears to reinforce my point.

I've never heard of Michael McCrae. That list of Democrats involved in sex scandals is in on many websites. Since Clinton got caught with his pants down, the liberal Democratic media has been digging and digging to get back at the GOP, and when you dig enough, you're going to find something. If the media was Republican controlled you'd probably find 10 Democrats in two years.