Yet another GOP pedophile.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

There are limitations to that study that should be obvious but thanks for the link.

Since you brought up NPR, here's something that was included in the link you posted:

Yet another finding that contradicted conventional wisdom relates to National Public Radio, often cited by conservatives as an egregious example of a liberal news outlet.

By our estimate, NPR hardly differs from the average mainstream news outlet," Groseclose said. "Its score is approximately equal to those of Time, Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report and its score is slightly more conservative than The Washington Post's

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
And where on that page did you see anything which debunked what I said?

I didn't. I agree, Slim.

This has nothing to do with pedophilia, but a poster is saying that he saw a married Republican assemblyman at a gay bathhouse. I think he should report it since all hypocrisy, Democratic or Republican, should be exposed. Agree or disagree? He says he's not going to do anything about it which makes me wonder if it's even true. He could report it anonymously.

http://www.lpsg.org/65224-bathhouses-reigniting-aids-crisis-s-7.html#post1068418

B_All4show

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nice swerve to avoid the question.

So even if you buy the notion that NPR somehow serves as a counterbalance to Rush and all his clones (a weak claim), you still haven't backed your assertion that "It's been a known fact for years that the media is liberal/Democratic controlled."

How about a government funded counter balance to NPR? Or better yet, let them survive on donations (non-tax free) or media sales and they will go the way of the rest of Liberal talk radio.

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I didn't. I agree, Slim.

This has nothing to do with pedophilia, but a poster is saying that he saw a married Republican assemblyman at a gay bathhouse. I think he should report it since all hypocrisy, Democratic or Republican, should be exposed. Agree or disagree? He says he's not going to do anything about it which makes me wonder if it's even true. He could report it anonymously.

http://www.lpsg.org/65224-bathhouses-reigniting-aids-crisis-s-7.html#post1068418

I disagree. A person should not be mistaken for the arguments that they make. The 'I'm not listening to you 'cos you did it too!' argument should be left in the playground. Does this act affect his ability to function as a politician? From what I gather the answer is no. Acts should have repercussions within the sphere that they affect, not those that they do not.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I disagree. A person should not be mistaken for the arguments that they make. The 'I'm not listening to you 'cos you did it too!' argument should be left in the playground. Does this act affect his ability to function as a politician? From what I gather the answer is no. Acts should have repercussions within the sphere that they affect, not those that they do not.

So what are you saying? If this supposed straight, married, Republican politician is signing anti gay legislation he should be reported, but if supports gays, don't report him? Or are you saying he should never be reported under any circumstances?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So what are you saying? If this supposed straight, married, Republican politician is signing anti gay legislation he should be reported, but if supports gays, don't report him? Or are you saying he should never be reported under any circumstances?

It boils down to a matter of fairness: If a politician respects my privacy and doesn't use his position to interfere in my personal life, I'll grant him the same respect. But once a politician puts my sexuality on his agenda, then I'll put his sexuality on my agenda!

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It boils down to a matter of fairness: If a politician respects my privacy and doesn't use his position to interfere in my personal life, I'll grant him the same respect. But once a politician puts my sexuality on his agenda, then I'll put his sexuality on my agenda!

So you're saying if he's a gay friendly Republican politician then he gets a free pass, but if he's not, he should get reported. I wonder what would happen if he were anti gay and Democrat? Free pass or not?

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I'm saying that if the actions do not impair his ability function in his office (and I don't count doing something which is contrary to the spirit of the legislation he is signing as an impairment) then they should not be a part of our consideration of his ability to perform the role. His job is to represent the viewpoint of those who voted him into his position and to protect minorities from repression by the majority. Hypocrisy in his private life should not prevent this.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Right. I don't see any major news outlets on this story on this link. And why do you think that is?

One possibility, already brought up by someone else, is that this guy is so insignificant that he's not worth bothering with in the national news media. But then the news media do run this kind of thing about state legislators, almost all of whom are of no real importance and there's lots of them. (One difference is that legislators are elected by thousands of voters, while county chairman are picked behind closed doors in smoke-filled rooms.) Another possibility is the national news media aren't as liberal as the right wing claim all of the time. (The majority of U.S. newspapers endorsed Republican candidates for president 23 of the 25 presidential elections during the 20th century, etc.) A third real possibility is that the news media--at least the wire services and the newspapers--are fatigued by one political sex scandal after another, but that doesn't explain the lack of attention to the story by the far more sensationalistic broadcast news media, political blogs, etc. A fourth possibility--and I'm joking here--is that Republican gay sex scandals are now so common that they are no longer news, because news by definition is an unusual occurrence.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A third real possibility is that the news media--at least the wire services and the newspapers--are fatigued by one political sex scandal after another, but that doesn't explain the lack of attention to the story by the far more sensationalistic broadcast news media, political blogs, etc.

That's the odd part. I can understand the wire services and newspapers to a certain extent, but the tabloids and blogs are usually all over this stuff. What is going on? Mary Kay Letouneau had sex with a 13 year old and we heard about it forever. Amy Fisher shot Mary Jo Buttafuoco because she was in love with Joey, and that had a long run. Must be some kind of tabloid fatigue. What's Paris Hilton up to now that she did her time in the slammer?

A fourth possibility--and I'm joking here--is that Republican gay sex scandals are now so common that they are no longer news, because news by definition is an unusual occurrence.

lmao :biggrin1:

A new and uninteresting development in the case. The boy didn't show up for court. Charges dropped for now. Stay tuned...........

WBAY-TV Green Bay-Fox Cities-Northeast Wisconsin News: Charges Against Fleischman Dropped -- for Now

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media

If Curtis just paid Castagna the money then he wouldn't risk an extortion case that would expose the details of his sex life.

With so many homosexual Republicans being exposed, it seems that the neocons are experiencing shock fatigue; This sort of story would have been headline news a few years ago.

Mary Kay Letouneau had sex with a 13 year old and we heard about it forever. Amy Fisher shot Mary Jo Buttafuoco because she was in love with Joey, and that had a long run. Must be some kind of tabloid fatigue.

Not to worry; If it's a scandal that involves a pretty girl then Nancy Grace will be all over it.

rexcasual

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
attachment.php

Attachments

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
... and yet another one. A South Dakota legislator was convicted yesterday of raping his own two foster daughters. (source)

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
News update: State Rep. Bob Allen is resigning from his position.

Excerpt from Orlando Sentinel:
State Rep. Bob Allen submitted a letter of resignation today in the wake of his conviction earlier this week in a solicitation case.

Allen's letter to House Speaker Mario Rubio said he would resign on Feb. 15, 2008, or earlier if a replacement election can be held.

Allen will not go to jail for his second-degree misdemeanor conviction on a charge of solicitation for prostitution. The Merritt Island Republican was sentenced Thursday to six months supervised probation and ordered to pay a $250 fine after a jury found him guilty of soliciting sex in a park bathroom from an undercover officer. A judge withheld adjudication.

In his letter, Allen citied "the requirements of my family and my private life, and in order to seek justice in the upcoming appeal process" as reasons for his decision.
Full story: Bob Allen resigns in wake of conviction -- OrlandoSentinel.com

Can we say "he fell upon his sword"?

nekkid_agin

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Pedophiles like LITTLE children, not teen-agers. This guy is a predatory homosexual. Whoops!!! Sorry. I know it's not politically correct to say bad things about homosexuals. After all, they are ALL nice, decent people who would never think about having sex with a young man.

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What a charming and informative first post. Thank you.

Welcome to LPSG, nekkid_agin! I trust you'll find many old and new threads to strike your fancy and entice you to contribute. In one vein or another.