Yet Another Question 4 Gay Guys ! Kisses.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by dcwrestlefan, Jul 25, 2007.

1. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

do you kiss your platonic friends? it is common for me to give a friend a peck on the lips at the end of an evening with them, like after dinner etc and we are saying goodbye. if we are in a gay hood or in the car or at home. but don't notice this going on with others as much anymore. the younger crowd doesn't seem to do this. i think it's a small sweet gesture personally.

what say you?

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes i do........it's just the norm among my social circle

3. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Not for everyone, but for many, yes. Many of my straight female friends, too.

4. wispandex_bulge

Albums:
    You know, this is kinda funny and somethign I can relate to. I grew up in eastern Maryland (down on the sho'). Maybe being in a less urban area made a difference and at the time that I lived there I didnt really even know what GAY was much less know any gay people. In any case,, between the racial lines that persist because no one bothers to break traditions and a constant and somewhat irrational (I said SOMEWHAT) fear of ticking someone off and being violently assaulted for it, personal space is well respected. Then my family moved up to Wisconsin, where people still leave their car doors unlocked while at work, when doing errands, and even at stop lights. (That last one is sort of a joke...SORT OF) Anyway, people are much more touchy feely up here, and I remember how hard that hit me when I got up to college and among my peers. Many of them were very open and would hug to congratulate or when it was time to part ways. In my own experienced with gay men, I have only kissed them after we have been intimate. With good friends I woudl definitely hug at the end of a casual get together, but kissing I reserve for those who I am or have been closer with. I think thats also because thats how they are and woudl not understand If I suddently wanted to plant one on them, even if it was a just a peck on the cheek.

5. lvsxy808

Gold Member

Albums:
    If they are someone I've only just met, then I shake hands.

If they are a good friend, I peck on the cheek.

If they are a good friend I once slept with, I peck on the lips.

If they are my beloved boyfriend, I give a long lingering kiss.

If they are a hot boy I want to fuck, I make out furiously.

6. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    All my friends get a small buss on the cheek. I've been doing it for years.

7. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Oh, and I meant to ask in my first post:

Wrestle, why are you only asking the question of four gay guys?:biggrin1:

8. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

there are only four gay guys on the board?

(look of horror and shock)

9. Meniscus

Gold Member

dcwrestlefan, are you talking about other gay male friends, or just friends in general?

Most of my gay friends are not close friends, just the guys I hang out with at the local club. I do not kiss them and would not want to.

I have some friends whom I always greet with a kiss, much the same way I greet my mother or sister with a kiss. Most of them are women. One is a gay man and one is a bisexual man. The gay man I don't much like kissing; I just don't feel that close to him, but that's how his always greets me and I feel obligated to reciprocate. I've lost touch with the bisexual guy, but we used to be fairly close, like brothers, so it always felt very natural and normal to greet him that way.

When I was in college, I was friends with one straight guy who used to kiss all the girls when saying good-bye. One evening, when it was time to say good-night, he went around the room and one-by-one kissed the girls good-bye. When he got to me, he paused for a moment, shrugged, and kissed me, good-night too. He was very cute and popular, so I have to admit it was a bit of a thrill. It was not the last time he'd give me a friendly kiss.

10. Matthew

Gold Member

Just a hug or maybe kiss on the cheek with a close friend.

I do have an older straight guy friend - one of those types who is ultra-comfortable among gay men - and he always kisses me on the lips. I think he's so sweet, but it's like getting a kiss from your dog or your old aunt or something. I always have to fight the urge to wipe my mouth afterwards, ha ha.

11. Kenyth

Kenyth New Member

Albums:
    I normally give everyone at least 2 kiss when I greet them if not 3 or 4. If they are from NZ esp Maori, I will give them a hongi too :D

12. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

For close friends yes, it is how we great each other.

13. jcjb2002

jcjb2002 Member

Did kiss my friends for years, that was a real 80's thing to do.. but now I don't. We have a huge TS population in San Antonio and there is nothing like heading to kiss a friend and getting a mouthful of hair smelling like AquaNet on your lips. Or cigarette smoke from the club... Or sweat cause they just danced... or cheap perfume from the Dollar General down the street... or Cilantro and Pica de Gallo from the Taco Truck parked between the clubs... lol..

I have seen a trend to "air kisses" - someone in Dallas I knew used to even say "kissey-Kissey" when doing it..

14. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

yes, it was meant mostly for that.

i do have a couple of female friends that i have known since high school that i do this with. i have only kissed a straight guy once. :)

15. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    In college, My best friend (straight) and I always kissed hello and good bye if in private. This was a nice firm but gentle kiss on the lips. We laughed once trying to remember how it started. We just always did. I loved it. I loved him for it. He would have kissed me in public I'm sure...but it was always just our private intimacy that I cherished.

16. DiegoID

DiegoID New Member

Well I do the "Hello" kiss mostly with my Latina and older female friends. Then it's usually just a hug and kiss on the cheek. I'm not really comfortable with kissing my gay male friends (Husband Excluded) I guess I make an exception for my Gaysian friends, because I do tend to give them the same hello cheek-kiss. It feels awkwards to even get a hug out of some of my straight male friends.There are a few exceptions, but in general they are much happier with a "Slap and Knuckle" handshake. Too bad that always makes me feel old and un-cool.

A bit off topic but on my birthday I did end up making out with one of my female friends. I'll just blame the 6 or 7 martini's and my 1% straightness for that.:biggrin1:

17. cocktaste

Gold Member

Are you Italian OP? lmao.

18. Happytheman420

Happytheman420 New Member

I dont kiss platonic friends unless they are girls or gays cause I dont think they'd appreciate It LOL.

19. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

Wow, check out the unit on Kenyth!

20. husky14620

husky14620 New Member

It seems this runs in cycles. I used to do it with all my gay male friends back in the mid to late seventies, then it went out of fashion, then it started to come back, and now I only do it with three friends; intermittently with one who I've known for about ten years, a big hippie, flower child, back to nature, woodsman, vegan, lumberjack kind of guy; regularly with one I've known for almost twenty; and his lover, who I've known since shortly after they met.
    The lumberjack gets a peck on the cheek, the other two go for the lips, so that's what I do. The rest of my gay male friends get bear hugs. It just feels more natural.

Straight guys? The only ones I know any more are my brother-in-law, and my co-workers. I wouldn't kiss any of them on a bet.

Women? The only one is my ten year old niece. And never on the lips.

Draft saved Draft deleted