Yet more evidence for Circumcision

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No matter what this article states... it is still not justification for the continuation of this barbarian practice that removes a perfectly healthy part of a penis, most times from a minor who has no say in the matter...

Hopefully by the time that infants and children are to the age where STD's are a concern hopefully we will have found a cure for HIV, and other things that are claimed to be cured by circumcision.

And if this was really true, why would the United States have the highest rate of circumcision along with the highest rates of HIV among certain segments of the population..

My theory on the issue and information I have discovered, is that circumcision causes people to practice unsafe sex due to the sensitivity loss that was caused by their circumcisions that were performed in infancy.

The only reason that these "studies" are coming out for circumcision is because there are companies out that that "need" infant foreskins, and the doctors like making extra money, not to mention the new medical device companies such as Accu-Circ, that makes a one time use circumcision device, instead of the multi-use gomco clamp from the past..

Just follow the trail of $$$ and the answers can always be found.. do we really need infant foreskins in anti-wrinkle cream, is this justification for circumcision of course not, this is why other reason are "found" just look at the history of the practice..

History of Circumcision

gymfresh

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One -- nay, everyone -- really has to wonder why the same, tired group of American/Australian/Canadian middle-aged researchers are on a lifelong crusade to find any obscure justification for circumcision. They never do evidence-based analyses (Does circ really make a difference to health outcomes where it's practiced?[no] Is it safe? [so-so] Have the UK, Oz, NZ and Canada seen a spike in UTIs, cancers or HIV since circ has fallen out of favor? [no, not at all] Has even one single study proven a net benefit to America from the roughly 80 million infant circumcisions it's carried out over the past 130 years? [sadly, no, and it's staggeringly cost-INeffective]).

Instead, it's always "Well, in a test-tube in Uganda it was seen that some bacteria that were once shown in an obscure Tasmanian study to be vaguely associated with certain types of infections usually only seen in Cypriot left-handed midgets (but theoretically possible in all American infants) could be isolated and grown in an anaerobic environment to create a host culture in which it is hypothesized that HIV could live. Or not. By attaching to and burrowing through human tissue. Or not. Thus, circumcision saves lives! We must restore funding to circumcision!"

While this has become rather tiresome, if not confusing, for American audiences, most of the developed world quite sensibly is having none of it.

Circumcision health benefit virtually nil, study finds

Little evidence that world's most common surgical procedure can prevent sexually transmitted infections, urinary tract infections and penile cancer

Globe and Mail Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010

While it is the most common surgical procedure in the world, there is virtually no demonstrable health benefit derived from circumcision of either newborns or adults, a new study concludes.

The research, published in Tuesday’s edition of the Annals of Family Medicine, shows that, despite claims, there is little evidence that circumcision can prevent sexually transmitted infections, urinary tract infections and penile cancer. There are also risks to the surgery that, while rare, range from sexual dissatisfaction through to penile loss.

“Patients who request circumcision in the belief that it bestows clinical benefits must be made aware of the lack of consensus and robust evidence, as well as the potential medical and psychosocial harms of the procedure.”

The new study mentioned above is a thorough meta-analysis of the last couple of decades of published findings about circumcision.

S

SirConcis

In africa, the emphasis is not on chutting kids, it is cutting males just before they become secually active. The goal is to have QUICK effects on circumcision. Cuttingf kids willtake 18-20 years before the advantages of circumcision make a difference. Cutting an 18 year old gives the benefits right away.

So if you are limited in the number of circumcisions you can perform, you focus on the onces that have priorioty: those males who are likely to start to have sex soon.

D_Willieford Blabbermouth

Account Disabled
Media

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In africa, the emphasis is not on chutting kids, it is cutting males just before they become secually active. The goal is to have QUICK effects on circumcision. Cuttingf kids willtake 18-20 years before the advantages of circumcision make a difference. Cutting an 18 year old gives the benefits right away.

So if you are limited in the number of circumcisions you can perform, you focus on the onces that have priorioty: those males who are likely to start to have sex soon.

But most of these studies will eventually if they don't start with, revolve around the prospect of encouraging infant/child circumcision, as that increases the chances that it will be done, especially if it is done prior to a child being school age...

This is because once a child gets older or to the age of 18 or above, its harder to convince them, unless they have had some type of foreskin problem, and I'm sure this will become even more true as the internet becomes more and more available to all, so everyone can do their research if they wish, which I would hope they would, prior to making such a decision..

I'm not anti adult with INFORMED consent circ... but I know the motivation behind these studies to to try to convince parents that this needs to be done to their child before the child has the opportunity to object to the procedure, since once its done its done....

Cobalt Blue

Legendary Member
Media
One -- nay, everyone -- really has to wonder why the same, tired group of American/Australian/Canadian middle-aged researchers are on a lifelong crusade to find any obscure justification for circumcision. They never do evidence-based analyses (Does circ really make a difference to health outcomes where it's practiced?[no] Is it safe? [so-so] Have the UK, Oz, NZ and Canada seen a spike in UTIs, cancers or HIV since circ has fallen out of favor? [no, not at all] Has even one single study proven a net benefit to America from the roughly 80 million infant circumcisions it's carried out over the past 130 years? [sadly, no, and it's staggeringly cost-INeffective]).

Instead, it's always "Well, in a test-tube in Uganda it was seen that some bacteria that were once shown in an obscure Tasmanian study to be vaguely associated with certain types of infections usually only seen in Cypriot left-handed midgets (but theoretically possible in all American infants) could be isolated and grown in an anaerobic environment to create a host culture in which it is hypothesized that HIV could live. Or not. By attaching to and burrowing through human tissue. Or not. Thus, circumcision saves lives! We must restore funding to circumcision!"

While this has become rather tiresome, if not confusing, for American audiences, most of the developed world quite sensibly is having none of it.

Circumcision health benefit virtually nil, study finds

Little evidence that world's most common surgical procedure can prevent sexually transmitted infections, urinary tract infections and penile cancer

Globe and Mail Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010

While it is the most common surgical procedure in the world, there is virtually no demonstrable health benefit derived from circumcision of either newborns or adults, a new study concludes.

The research, published in Tuesday’s edition of the Annals of Family Medicine, shows that, despite claims, there is little evidence that circumcision can prevent sexually transmitted infections, urinary tract infections and penile cancer. There are also risks to the surgery that, while rare, range from sexual dissatisfaction through to penile loss.

“Patients who request circumcision in the belief that it bestows clinical benefits must be made aware of the lack of consensus and robust evidence, as well as the potential medical and psychosocial harms of the procedure.”

The new study mentioned above is a thorough meta-analysis of the last couple of decades of published findings about circumcision.
Brilliant post gymfresh.

herkimer snow

Experimental Member
Media
The African studies (why is it always Uganda???) rear their ugly heads again. The information is not new. For every study that says one thing, another study says the opposite. All of them deserve to be questioned and discounted.
The HIV rate in other countries, including the US, proves once again, it's not about foreskins. It's about behavior.

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Of course, the evangelical prepuscies will cry out against the findings of real science...

Oh, fuck me sideways and call me Susan!

The ONLY way to prevent an HIV-infection is to actually not be exposed to it! Safe sex, abstinence, safe blood transfusions, etc. Circumcision has NO physiological benefits AT ALL! Quite the opposite. It is (or should be) an elective procedure that one (as an adult) should make if that is what one (as an adult) prefers.

I would bet my beloved foreskin (and I'm very attached to it) that 99% of all those staunch but misguided circumcision defenders would have felt differently if they still had their foreskins. They just don't know what they're missing, or rather, they're in denial.

How they can still defend such acts of inflicted involuntary mutilation that were done to them without their consent and insist upon it for their children, I don't know. It's just stupefying!

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Other than the pervasive stink there is no earthly reason to mutilate an otherwise normal healthy wiener.

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
in africa, the emphasis is not on chutting kids, it is cutting males just before they become sexually active. The goal is to have quick effects on circumcision.
(first of all, being a canadian, how would you know what the goal is? Maybe that's what you would like to believe to support your ongoing misgivings. As a matter of fact, african circumcision is but one of many attrocities that are forced upon those young men as a traditional and uncivilised initiation into manhood. Nothing more than being just symbolic - as with jewish circumcisions. Yearly, many unnecessary deaths are recorded because of those barbaric initiations that cause their bodies to go into systemic shock.)
cutting kids will take 18-20 years before the advantages of circumcision make a difference.
(advantages? What a laugh!)
cutting an 18 year old gives the benefits right away
(yeah, cut now - pay later...)
so if you are limited in the number of circumcisions you can perform, you focus on the ones that have priorioty: Those males who are likely to start to have sex soon.
(the first priority is, first do no harm! Circumcisions are harmful, and not least of all, harmful to one's human rights. There is no dignity in the act of infant and forced circumcisions.)

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Other than the pervasive stink there is no earthly reason to mutilate an otherwise normal healthy wiener.

There is something quite extra-ordinary for that 'problem'... it's called, water and soap...

As if a circumcised penis is in any less need of a wash after a whole day of pissing, wanking and fucking... Get real!

Last edited:

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think a radical penectomy would decrease the rate of HIV more than circumcision alone. Certainly you wouldn't have a problem with that, right? After all, it's just a matter of degrees. Tissue removal is tissue removal.

D

deleted15807

Of course, the evangelical prepuscies will cry out against the findings of real science...

Damn the science Phil. Science can't heal my broken dick.

My foreskin was stolen while I was but a child with no voice.

Losing it is like living in a world with no air
I'm here alone with no skin(fore), didn't wanna leave
My heart won't move, it's incomplete
Wish there was a way that I can make you understand
But how do you expect me
to live alone with no skin(fore)
'Cause my world revolves around it
It's so hard for me to breathe

Got me out here in the water so deep
Tell me how can I live
If it ain't here, I just can't breathe
It's no air, no air

No air, air
No air, air
No air, air
No air, air

Mastur

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Damn the science Phil. Science can't heal my broken dick.

My foreskin was stolen while I was but a child with no voice.

Losing it is like living in a world with no air
I'm here alone with no skin(fore), didn't wanna leave
My heart won't move, it's incomplete
Wish there was a way that I can make you understand
But how do you expect me
to live alone with no skin(fore)
'Cause my world revolves around it
It's so hard for me to breathe

Got me out here in the water so deep
Tell me how can I live
If it ain't here, I just can't breathe
It's no air, no air