Yet more evidence for Circumcision

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Phil Ayesho, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

2. duke-

duke- Member

To me the above does not justify or puts the mutilation of children/minors in any better perspective.

It´s still plain wrong.

3. losangelestim

losangelestim Member

Albums:
    "the snip" is barbarian

4. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    No matter what this article states... it is still not justification for the continuation of this barbarian practice that removes a perfectly healthy part of a penis, most times from a minor who has no say in the matter...

Hopefully by the time that infants and children are to the age where STD's are a concern hopefully we will have found a cure for HIV, and other things that are claimed to be cured by circumcision.

And if this was really true, why would the United States have the highest rate of circumcision along with the highest rates of HIV among certain segments of the population..

My theory on the issue and information I have discovered, is that circumcision causes people to practice unsafe sex due to the sensitivity loss that was caused by their circumcisions that were performed in infancy.

The only reason that these "studies" are coming out for circumcision is because there are companies out that that "need" infant foreskins, and the doctors like making extra money, not to mention the new medical device companies such as Accu-Circ, that makes a one time use circumcision device, instead of the multi-use gomco clamp from the past..

Just follow the trail of $$$ and the answers can always be found.. do we really need infant foreskins in anti-wrinkle cream, is this justification for circumcision of course not, this is why other reason are "found" just look at the history of the practice..

History of Circumcision

5. gymfresh

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    One -- nay, everyone -- really has to wonder why the same, tired group of American/Australian/Canadian middle-aged researchers are on a lifelong crusade to find any obscure justification for circumcision. They never do evidence-based analyses (Does circ really make a difference to health outcomes where it's practiced?[no] Is it safe? [so-so] Have the UK, Oz, NZ and Canada seen a spike in UTIs, cancers or HIV since circ has fallen out of favor? [no, not at all] Has even one single study proven a net benefit to America from the roughly 80 million infant circumcisions it's carried out over the past 130 years? [sadly, no, and it's staggeringly cost-INeffective]).

Instead, it's always "Well, in a test-tube in Uganda it was seen that some bacteria that were once shown in an obscure Tasmanian study to be vaguely associated with certain types of infections usually only seen in Cypriot left-handed midgets (but theoretically possible in all American infants) could be isolated and grown in an anaerobic environment to create a host culture in which it is hypothesized that HIV could live. Or not. By attaching to and burrowing through human tissue. Or not. Thus, circumcision saves lives! We must restore funding to circumcision!"

While this has become rather tiresome, if not confusing, for American audiences, most of the developed world quite sensibly is having none of it.

Circumcision health benefit virtually nil, study finds

Little evidence that world's most common surgical procedure can prevent sexually transmitted infections, urinary tract infections and penile cancer

Globe and Mail Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010

While it is the most common surgical procedure in the world, there is virtually no demonstrable health benefit derived from circumcision of either newborns or adults, a new study concludes.

The research, published in Tuesday’s edition of the Annals of Family Medicine, shows that, despite claims, there is little evidence that circumcision can prevent sexually transmitted infections, urinary tract infections and penile cancer. There are also risks to the surgery that, while rare, range from sexual dissatisfaction through to penile loss.

“Patients who request circumcision in the belief that it bestows clinical benefits must be made aware of the lack of consensus and robust evidence, as well as the potential medical and psychosocial harms of the procedure.”

The new study mentioned above is a thorough meta-analysis of the last couple of decades of published findings about circumcision.

6. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    In africa, the emphasis is not on chutting kids, it is cutting males just before they become secually active. The goal is to have QUICK effects on circumcision. Cuttingf kids willtake 18-20 years before the advantages of circumcision make a difference. Cutting an 18 year old gives the benefits right away.

So if you are limited in the number of circumcisions you can perform, you focus on the onces that have priorioty: those males who are likely to start to have sex soon.

7. D_Willieford Blabbermouth

D_Willieford Blabbermouth Account Disabled

ROFL ... real science?? Scientific America... Real science?? what whacky stuff you smoking...

Also, the "supporting" document from PloS ONE... what the hell is that... I don't even think there is an impact factor.

Find me something from a reputable source I might listen.

8. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    But most of these studies will eventually if they don't start with, revolve around the prospect of encouraging infant/child circumcision, as that increases the chances that it will be done, especially if it is done prior to a child being school age...

This is because once a child gets older or to the age of 18 or above, its harder to convince them, unless they have had some type of foreskin problem, and I'm sure this will become even more true as the internet becomes more and more available to all, so everyone can do their research if they wish, which I would hope they would, prior to making such a decision..

I'm not anti adult with INFORMED consent circ... but I know the motivation behind these studies to to try to convince parents that this needs to be done to their child before the child has the opportunity to object to the procedure, since once its done its done....

9. Cobalt Blue

Gold Member

Brilliant post gymfresh.

10. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

I'd argue that when HIV infection is almost at saturation point in Africa, one could say that civil war reduces the AIDs infection rate!

11. herkimer snow

herkimer snow New Member

The African studies (why is it always Uganda???) rear their ugly heads again. The information is not new. For every study that says one thing, another study says the opposite. All of them deserve to be questioned and discounted.
    The HIV rate in other countries, including the US, proves once again, it's not about foreskins. It's about behavior.

12. Mastur

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

13. crossy

Gold Member

Other than the pervasive stink there is no earthly reason to mutilate an otherwise normal healthy wiener.

14. Mastur

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    (the first priority is, first do no harm! Circumcisions are harmful, and not least of all, harmful to one's human rights. There is no dignity in the act of infant and forced circumcisions.)

15. Mastur

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    There is something quite extra-ordinary for that 'problem'... it's called, water and soap...

As if a circumcised penis is in any less need of a wash after a whole day of pissing, wanking and fucking... Get real!

#15 Mastur, Jan 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  16. Captain Elephant

Captain Elephant Active Member

Albums:
    I think a radical penectomy would decrease the rate of HIV more than circumcision alone. Certainly you wouldn't have a problem with that, right? After all, it's just a matter of degrees. Tissue removal is tissue removal.

17. sargon20

Gold Member

Damn the science Phil. Science can't heal my broken dick.

My foreskin was stolen while I was but a child with no voice.

Losing it is like living in a world with no air
    I'm here alone with no skin(fore), didn't wanna leave
    My heart won't move, it's incomplete
    Wish there was a way that I can make you understand
    But how do you expect me
    to live alone with no skin(fore)
    'Cause my world revolves around it
    It's so hard for me to breathe

Got me out here in the water so deep
    Tell me how can I live
    If it ain't here, I just can't breathe
    It's no air, no air

No air, air
    No air, air
    No air, air
    No air, air

18. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    Clearly the OP enjoys the ruckus as he opened with a deliberately offensive sentence.
    Dave

19. Mastur

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Or it might be just another classic example of a juvenile expression of envy.

20. Mastur

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ahahahahaha! Love it!

Draft saved Draft deleted