yikes, bush signs gay rights bill

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
Call it a Christmas present for gay and lesbian couples. President Bush signed the Worker, Retiree and Employer Recovery Act of 2008 (WRERA) two days before Christmas. The new law makes it mandatory for businesses to roll over retirement benefits to a same-sex partner in the event of the employee’s death.......Zippy probably was not aware of what he was signing or jeff gannon made him do it so he could get george's retirement.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Call it a Christmas present for gay and lesbian couples. President Bush signed the Worker, Retiree and Employer Recovery Act of 2008 (WRERA) two days before Christmas. The new law makes it mandatory for businesses to roll over retirement benefits to a same-sex partner in the event of the employee’s death.......

Wow. When I saw "yikes, bush signs gay..." over in the "Latest Threads" column [look to your right], I was all prepared to be outraged over some federal law outlawing "sodomy" or some such atrocity. I wasn't expecting good news.

Zippy probably was not aware of what he was signing or jeff gannon made him do it so he could get george's retirement.

I was going to say something about this, but for the life of me i can't remember what it was. I'm really durnk. It's amazing that I'm typing as well as I am.