Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm off to see Liza!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Northland, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Northland

Gold Member

Well, not today dear people. However, I am now in posession of 2 tickets to a performance of Liza's At The Palace the limitted engagement run which Liza Minnelli is currently doing. It was more than a shock as I had not expected this. To be frank, when the buzzer rang I almost didn't answer; then, I reconsidered since it sounded urgent. It was Moishe and it was indeed urgent. Somehow he managed to bound up the stairs before I could even unlock the door and as I opened it there he was-as splendid as the day I first saw him all those years ago.

He was waving an envelope and jumping around as if his balls were being roasted. I stared for a moment and then grabbed his arm and pulled him into the foyer (it's actually only an entryway; but, I like to be classy and call it my foyer).

Moishe advised me to sit down and silly me, I did. He then handed me the envelope and wished me Seasonal Greetings. With no other choice I slid my finger under the flap and lifted it- inside were two of the most wonderful tickets I have ever seen! Liza will be mine (even if I have to share her with others and only for a couple of hours). I leapt around for a few seconds before my downstairs neighbor came to the door-concerned that I was in distress.

In case you hadn't noticed-I'm thrilled,thrilled, thrilled! (just hope she doesn't have a health setback and cancel this Friday)

2. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Have fun. When I first read the title I thought you were going to Ibiza. :biggrin1:

3. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hope you have a great time but after seeing her on Rosie Live............... She was really good on Law and Order tho.

4. Xcuze

Gold Member

I think when u go see someone as iconic as Liza u shouldnt expect technical perfection from her. Its more about her presence & personality. Its an experience to remember.

For better or worse!

5. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Fab! What a lovely christmas prezzy. There are some artists you just have to try and see live. My stand-out memories over the years are Bette Middler, Stevie Wonder and Grace Jones. The Rolling Stones were crap, though, they were having an off day and the stadium was too big.

6. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Well I did not even want to see this tired old drag queen again, but I had tickets to take clients last night and the Beyotch cancelled her show at the last minute. Get out of the business honey if you can't do it anymore!

7. invisibleman

Gold Member

Uh-oh, you do NOT want Sam Harris* to take off the earrings, kick the heels off on the corner, and throw the wig in the gutter for a full-on MATRIX ass whuppin'.

*(past STAR SEARCH winner and used to have a MOTOWN record contract...and is a Liza Minnelli devotee.:eek:)

8. nudeyorker

Gold Member

This is my drag queen performance of how I feel about Liza tonight!
    YouTube - Flames on the side of my face

9. invisibleman

Gold Member

10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

She scares me...but that adorable puppet on Sams knee was kind of cute, in a washed up creepy kind of way!:eek:

11. invisibleman

Gold Member

Ooh, no you din't. You are asking for it. Hehehe.:eek::biggrin1:

12. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Hit me with your best shot! I swear I did not even see Sam's lips move when the puppet was talking!

13. invisibleman

Gold Member

Ooh, Judy Garland is going to drop ship Skittles at the end of your rainbow for dissin' that gurl. :eek::rolleyes: Danny, Sam's boyfriend, isn't gon' tak' kin'ly ta th' tossin' the mudpies at his boyfriend and his Jeff Dunham act. :biggrin1:

14. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

I love Liza. If you happen to get backstage, tell her I said hey!

Of course, she won't know who the hell you are talking about. LOL

15. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

I heard that she recently canceled some shows. I hope you still get to see her.

16. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think she would be great on tv based on her appearance on Law and Order and Scrubs. Hopefully she'd have a better run than Bete Midler and Gina Davis. Don't get me wrong I like Liza. I just wouldn't pay to see what I saw on Rosie. And if she's cancelling shows already........

17. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I saw her perfom when I was in high school. I never have seen anything close to it. Her dancing alone at that time was a standout too. She had something beyond any other performer I have ever seen. Saw her after the show clean of make up and she was gentle and beautiful. I believe people are as good as there best performance. She has had some physical troubles along the way. It troubles me people are harsh on her now. She still has much to offer. Sorry a performace was cancelled. I was not part of her mother's generation and I think part of the harshness said of her mother contributed to her end. Of course she had responsibilty too. I just hate to see something like that repeat itself to her daughter. Liza has done the gay guys proud for a long time. Has raised money for AIDS awareness and tons of other causes. I think she is funny and also one hell of an actress. I miss her acting and hope she can find a role to showcase her talents again. It has been interesting to see her perform live every few years or so. To see how the performer changes, adapts, evolves is an interesting peak into the life process. Hope you are able to see her.

Draft saved Draft deleted