YMCA's and showers

D

deleted85856

Um, theres some that do, some that have like a collection of individual showers, which means you have to be more crafty when scoping out guys junk :p

I dunno, I prefer just one big shower.. not just for knob hawking sakes, but also for chatting and getting to know guys.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
is it safe to say all ymca's have open showers? has anyone ever seen anyone that doesnt? are there any other gyms like this?

I don't understand the question.

Is it that you like open showers and only want to go where they have them?
Or......
Is it that you don't like open showers, and want to avoid going where they have them?
:confused:

lgtrmusr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The men's locker room at my Y has a gang shower with 5 heads, two private stall showers with curtains and a third stall shower with a curtain configured for disabled guys. The building was bought from a failed health club. I imagine the Y made no changes to the locker facility.

randk

Experimental Member
Media
Mine has a group shower area, and two private showers with transluscent glass. Most of the young guys use the latter

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
This place is totally obsessed with showers, steamrooms and lockerrooms :rolleyes:

I have yet to see a thread about cadio or weights or other aspects of gym life (except when discussing bulges on the gym floor).

All converation seems to naturally gravitate to showers and saunas and dick. (hey, wait! this IS a big dick site...)

Some private gyms have them and some don't. You have to check it out before you join. It's always a good idea to check out the cleanliness of the locker room and shower before joining a gym. It gives you a good idea of the overall cleanliness of the facility. The Y near me (Canada) has an open shower and so does one of the private clubs that I use. The other private club I use has stalls.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ive seen quite a few on cardio, weights and diet, Do a search.

This place is totally obsessed with showers, steamrooms and lockerrooms :rolleyes:

I have yet to see a thread about cadio or weights or other aspects of gym life (except when discussing bulges on the gym floor).

All converation seems to naturally gravitate to showers and saunas and dick. (hey, wait! this IS a big dick site...)

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
I belong to a Family Y....no thought of a male nude swim night...if there was I would be there...if God wanted me to wear a swim suit I would have been born wearing one. Open showers here...we have a men's and boys room, and open showers in both. Have to be 18 or older to use adult male. Also have adult female and girls...I do not know about their showers.

arkyman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
In Hot Springs, Arkansas, the Y is open showers; so is another high-class health club in town. The Y has 4 heads in the open shower area, which includes a bench in the shower area. They need to beef up the A/C in the summer; it gets TOO hot in there.

SolidPalm

1st Like
Media
I've only been in one Y and it had gang showers. It had a room with 5 showers on each side of the wall (10 total) and one with a curtain for the disabled.

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My Y is new-construction - 12 stalls, two accessible, with Corian dividers and vinyl curtains. Ick. Wish they'd use the nylon ones and put them on a bent rod, because, seriously, damp nasty shower curtain hitting my ass just freaks me the fuck out.

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
is it true that with those type of gang showers that you would have to share a spout with at least two of three guys and that it was not that unusual for a naked buttock to press up against another guy's ones and that no one thought the wiser because you all needed to be under there at the same time ? It just amazes me, someone who has always showered in separate cubicles or curtained off shower stalls, how guys did this back then and no on batted an eyelid at just how close contact you would get with another guys ass.

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not military, so I've never had to share a single showerhead because of a time limit. However, yes, showering at a shower tower can cause ass-to-ass contact when you close your eyes to rinse out the shampoo or something. Nobody has ever died from their ass contacting the ass of someone else for a moment in a shower. I'm quite sure of it.