Yoga Clothing Help

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by outletforfun69, Jul 20, 2011.

1. outletforfun69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Recently I started taking Yoga classes and I've been surprised how much I've enjoyed them.

My only complaint so far is that between a lot of the stretches I'm having to continuously readjust myself to the point that it is disrupting my movement rhythm. And the other day we learned a new position that basically had me sitting on my balls. I've never cared much for briefs and have worn boxers to class so far, but will be changing that starting tomorrow.

I'm considering getting some bike shorts but before I went shopping I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has any other recommendations. Contrary to what you might think, I'm NOT looking to show off my bulge in class. I just want somethings that is comfortable and confining, without being restricting.

Any help is appreciated.

2. gobluemi

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    compression shorts help a lot

3. Guill

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I just wear boxerbriefs to yoga but as per gobluemi I have also worn compression shorts.

4. tino88

tino88 Member

I agree, compression shorts are the way to go.

5. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

Most guys in my yoga classes wear long shorts or male yoga pants. I wear a light micro-fiber bra, so I understand foundation garments might be needed, but I disagree with compression shorts, if, like me, you enjoy feeling free in your movement.

Would long running shorts with a mesh brief work?

6. Blorkin

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I have only done yoga a few times and had to constantly readjust. The last time I went to do yoga was a few hours after a run. So I ended up wearing a jockstrap to the class and I no longer had to readjust. Give the jockstrap a try.

7. bendigoboi

bendigoboi New Member

Albums:
    I did a nude yoga class in DC last year - saves all the issues about what to wear!

8. outletforfun69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Ha, sadly, I believe folks here in the midwest are a tad more conservative and my instructor would probably frown on the idea.

9. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    Either wear speedos underneath or short short type compression shorts or bike shorts. Other than that you could go wearing a jockstrap but then again that may be too revealing short of attending a hot nude yoga class.

10. odran8

Gold Member

I wear a Calvin Klein sport brief which provides support without being overly restrictive. My boys move around in some postures, especially in the shoulder stand. Over the briefs I usually wear loose yoga pants that hit just below the knee or lycra running shorts. Be comfortable, don't worry and focus on your practice.

Draft saved Draft deleted