Yorkie injured

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just a quick update on Yorkie's condition for those of you interested- Ive cut and pasted most of his email here, and can only wish him well and that I were nearer to him.......
I'm writing this from my hospital bed on a minature
keyboard.I've only just had my operation this
morning,it was delayed because of some emergency cases
so they've kept me in for all this time.
They took me into the operating theatre around 10.00am
and I woke up feeling very groggy about 3.00pm.I have
a morphine injector attached to my hand and I can give
myself a shot whenever I need it.I think I should be
able to go home on Friday if I'm progressing as
expected.I managed to have a meal around 5.00pm so I
think I'm doing OK.GET WELL SOON

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wow, he had the surgery today and is going home tomorrow! What a MAN! I am glad everything went so well though.

Just a quick update on Yorkie's condition for those of you interested- Ive cut and pasted most of his email here, and can only wish him well and that I were nearer to him.......
I'm writing this from my hospital bed on a minature
keyboard.I've only just had my operation this
morning,it was delayed because of some emergency cases
so they've kept me in for all this time.
They took me into the operating theatre around 10.00am
and I woke up feeling very groggy about 3.00pm.I have
a morphine injector attached to my hand and I can give
myself a shot whenever I need it.I think I should be
able to go home on Friday if I'm progressing as
expected.I managed to have a meal around 5.00pm so I
think I'm doing OK.GET WELL SOON

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm finally home again! I was discharged on Thursday at 6.00pm when I told them the pain wasn't too bad and my mother would be able to drive me home.I probably should have been kept under observation for another night really as I was very unsteady on my feet - due to exhaustion almost as much as drugs I think.
I hadn't been able to get a good night's sleep since the accident 3 weeks ago,I was always being woken up in hospital so I thought the benefits of having uninterrupted sleep were worth the risk of any extra pain I might get.I've now had 2 good nights of sleep and I feel much better for it.
The operation was a bit different from my initial understanding of it.I've had a humeral pin put in.It was inserted from an incision on my elbow and I have another incision on my shoulder which is needed to position it properly.I'll be on painkillers for a while,I guess it won't be so bad once the swelling goes down.
The nurses took good care of me and I suspected one in particular might be an LPSG visitor.She was very enthusiastic about straightening my sheets when I was naked in bed. :wink: :smile:

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yorkie! So good to have you back, baby steps though. The operation sounded pretty serious, I guess I didn't realize the extent of your initial injury.
But you're back home and it seems to be the best place for you to recover.
I remember when I had my surgery the cocnstant waking up to take temperature, etc. drove me crazy and I couldn't really get a good rest.
Hey, if I were your nurse, I'd be adjusting your sheets as often as I could...lol. :wink:
Take care, get well, miss you.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yorkie! So good to have you back, baby steps though. The operation sounded pretty serious, I guess I didn't realize the extent of your initial injury.
But you're back home and it seems to be the best place for you to recover.
I remember when I had my surgery the cocnstant waking up to take temperature, etc. drove me crazy and I couldn't really get a good rest.
Hey, if I were your nurse, I'd be adjusting your sheets as often as I could...lol. :wink:
Take care, get well, miss you.
It's great to be back with you Frat.On my last night the nurse had to wake me at 2.00am to give me an injection of antibiotics,when she flushed the syringe it slipped and I got an eyeful of water!
I'm glad that part is over with now and it's good to be home,although it would be nice to have a nurse or two to help out around here... :wink:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm finally home again! I was discharged on Thursday at 6.00pm when I told them the pain wasn't too bad and my mother would be able to drive me home.I probably should have been kept under observation for another night really as I was very unsteady on my feet - due to exhaustion almost as much as drugs I think.
I hadn't been able to get a good night's sleep since the accident 3 weeks ago,I was always being woken up in hospital so I thought the benefits of having uninterrupted sleep were worth the risk of any extra pain I might get.I've now had 2 good nights of sleep and I feel much better for it.
The operation was a bit different from my initial understanding of it.I've had a humeral pin put in.It was inserted from an incision on my elbow and I have another incision on my shoulder which is needed to position it properly.I'll be on painkillers for a while,I guess it won't be so bad once the swelling goes down.
The nurses took good care of me and I suspected one in particular might be an LPSG visitor.She was very enthusiastic about straightening my sheets when I was naked in bed. :wink: :smile:
See ! Dont tell me i dont know you. LOL You were trying to poke one of the nurses. Thats why i asked.:smile: Did ya get that?:biggrin1: :wink:

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
See ! Dont tell me i dont know you. LOL You were trying to poke one of the nurses. Thats why i asked.:smile: Did ya get that?:biggrin1: :wink:
Yes I did.
I think I got an early release because they were worried about a sudden recovery.Would they be able to handle the fully functioning version? :wink: :smile:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The bands I did manage to catch were really excellent - The Arcade Fire, Tunng and Spiritualized were all outstanding.
I hope to see that on HD soon. Sorry about your crash landing. You were pretty brave to to back to the show with a broken shoulder. I hope you can avoid the surgery. Cheers!

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you Josiah and NCbear (there's a lot to be said for making nurses gasp :wink: :smile: ).
dxjnorto - Thanks,I appreciate the thought but I already had the surgery on Wednesday morning ! (see post #66) I don't blame you for skipping the gruesome details.
It was hard work getting around when I got back to the festival but Glastonbury is just too good to miss out on.There are so many stages that tv doesen't get round to covering and they are the ones that I usually enjoy the most.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It was hard work getting around when I got back to the festival but Glastonbury is just too good to miss out on.There are so many stages that tv doesen't get round to covering and they are the ones that I usually enjoy the most.
No doubt about that. My entertainment center is as close as I can get from here. And I like mud, but how would you possibly get cleaned up if you are camped? Can't get in a sleeping bag crusted in mud, or do you?

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like mud, but how would you possibly get cleaned up if you are camped? Can't get in a sleeping bag crusted in mud, or do you?
There are places to wash (with cold water!) close to the toilets at all the camp sites.The mud doesen't usually get splashed higher than about 6 inches up my jeans legs.You get into the tent head first,leaving your muddy boots at the entrance.Ease out of the jeans keeping the muddy parts by the tent entrance and have wet wipes ready to clean your hands.After 5 Glastonbury's my tent is still fairly mud-free.
Wet wipes are essential!