Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
naughty said:
Mmmmmm Frank! Baby that sounds fabulous! I will come in there with you while you cook that chicken. I might whip up a mass of lemon coconut tarts for the guests. and how does a mango topped new york style cheesecake sound for the groom's cake threaded through with Mango puree?

Oh, my. We need to go through with this just for the food!

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
naughty said:
Mmmmmm Frank! Baby that sounds fabulous! I will come in there with you while you cook that chicken. I might whip up a mass of lemon coconut tarts for the guests. and how does a mango topped new york style cheesecake sound for the groom's cake threaded through with Mango puree?

That's ALOT of Mango Naughty... How about chuck whips up some of his Famous baked Alaska (or texas as he calls it?) :biggrin1:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
prepstudinsc said:
I cook my greens with hog jowls. My greens would make you slap yo' grandmama. :tongue:

So what else is gonna be on the spread?

If you feed me swine greens I will slap you. If you put pork in vegetables, it's not vegetables, it's pork. Am I going to have to eat before the wedding? I thought I was helping to pay for it since we're doing vow renewals there. Who's doing the vegetarian catering, me? That sucks. I know I'm bringing a vegan cake. I'll have to figure out the entree and sides.

*walks off grumbling about meat-eaters*

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bronxy,

if you dont tell us we dont know baby.We can do some non meat things for you. SOme mixed greens with some savory scallions... and a bit of red pepper doesnt that sound good baby. How about a Bindi Masala (Okra Curry) with miniature samosas? and of course you tell me what kind of cake you want....

K.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
naughty said:
Bronxy,

if you dont tell us we dont know baby.We can do some non meat things for you. SOme mixed greens with some savory scallions... and a bit of red pepper doesnt that sound good baby. How about a Bindi Masala (Okra Curry) with miniature samosas? and of course you tell me what kind of cake you want....

K.

*fellow vegetarian spontaneously orgasms in a suddenly-very-hungry way* :cool:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
prepstudinsc said:
Kimiqueisha don't be gettin all bougie with your mango puree' in the cheesecake. You know that you gonna be bringing a mess of sweet potato pies, red velvet cakes and poundakes. You know what we eat...don't deny.

OK Precious... You know I have to bring some Sweet potato pies just for my baby! Because mama knows how much her baby loves to eat her pie....

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
OK Precious... You know I have to bring some Sweet potato pies just for my baby! Because mama knows how much her baby loves to eat her pie....

I don't know if I should even begin to touch this one...

How about a lemon chess pie while you're at it? I mean, since you're barefoot and in the kitchen and all. I'll take Coco and Quantrell out for the day so you can do your thang.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
prepstudinsc said:
I don't know if I should even begin to touch this one...

How about a lemon chess pie while you're at it? I mean, since you're barefoot and in the kitchen and all. I'll take Coco and Quantrell out for the day so you can do your thang.

If you had been observant you would have seen that I am already fixing lemon tarts! I guess I can make one for you too!

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
You're making lemon coconut tarts, but I was asking for a lemon chess pie. I like coconut, too, so maybe a coconut pie would be good, as well. Let me know if I need to pick you up anything from the store while I'm out with the two drive-bys.

This reception is gonna be "da bomb". Who's in charge of the punch?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
prepstudinsc said:
You're making lemon coconut tarts, but I was asking for a lemon chess pie. I like coconut, too, so maybe a coconut pie would be good, as well. Let me know if I need to pick you up anything from the store while I'm out with the two drive-bys.

This reception is gonna be "da bomb". Who's in charge of the punch?

Yes sir! Your lemon chess pie is coming right up. Well I could make the punch as well MAtthew, the alcoholic and the teetotaler's version. Here are the ingredients:

3 cans of fuzzy navel mix,
2 bottles peach white grape juice,
2 bottles white cranberry juice,
3 bottles ginger ale
sliced fruit (Lemon, lime, blood orange, and kumquats with cherries and cucumber)

. You determine the liquor and we will be good to go...

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
Bronxy,

K.
Haha. To all Okra novices.. make sure you cook it thoroughly.. gooey undercooked okra is garbage incarnate.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Brozy said:
If you feed me swine greens I will slap you. If you put pork in vegetables, it's not vegetables, it's pork.

THANK YOU.

Dr. Dilznick said:
Haha. To all Okra novices.. make sure you cook it thoroughly.. gooey undercooked okra is garbage incarnate.

WORD.

Matthew and I are obviously going to need to burn off a LOT of calories during our honeymoon. I can't hardly wait.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Dr. Dilznick said:

It will probably only be the bruthas, sistuhs, and southerners eating the okra. Most of the rest of the bunch will just look at it.

Kimiqueisha said:
Yes sir! Your lemon chess pie is coming right up. Well I could make the punch as well MAtthew, the alcoholic and the teetotaler's version. Here are the ingredients:

3 cans of fuzzy navel mix,
2 bottles peach white grape juice,
2 bottles white cranberry juice,
3 bottles ginger ale
sliced fruit (Lemon, lime, blood orange, and kumquats with cherries and cucumber)

Thank you for the chess pie, Sug. Where do you come up with these other things, though? Floating kumquats and cucumbers in punch? You waaaaaay too bougie for even me! Everyone knows that you're supposed to plop a big block of lime sherbet in the punch....it's the rule. I think it may be in the Bible somewhere. Every chu'ch lady knows that. Oh, we're gonna need some sweet tea, too.
Can y'all tell I've worked at a church far too long--because I've gone to a gazillion receptions and eaten this stuff since I was a kid!

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
BronxBombshell said:
Can you make some greens without neckbones?
Not a fan, but yeah.

naughty said:
Mmmmmm Frank! Baby that sounds fabulous! I will come in there with you while you cook that chicken.
Hmmm... I need a good Sesame Chicken recipe. I can stir-fry but the shit never comes out like a nigga wants it (i.e. Chinaman restaurant style).

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
BronxBombshell said:
If you feed me swine greens I will slap you. If you put pork in vegetables, it's not vegetables, it's pork. Am I going to have to eat before the wedding? I thought I was helping to pay for it since we're doing vow renewals there. Who's doing the vegetarian catering, me? That sucks. I know I'm bringing a vegan cake. I'll have to figure out the entree and sides.

*walks off grumbling about meat-eaters*

Bronxy,
I'm not quite sure about a vegan sustuh...I know some who don't eat pork, but vegan cake. (Borrowing Lex's Willona voice...) "Nigga, Please..." :biggrin1: How can we have a pound cake if it doesn't have butter and eggs.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
prepstudinsc said:
It will probably only be the bruthas, sistuhs, and southerners eating the okra. Most of the rest of the bunch will just look at it.

Thank you for the chess pie, Sug. Where do you come up with these other things, though? Floating kumquats and cucumbers in punch? You waaaaaay too bougie for even me! Everyone knows that you're supposed to plop a big block of lime sherbet in the punch....it's the rule. I think it may be in the Bible somewhere. Every chu'ch lady knows that. Oh, we're gonna need some sweet tea, too.
Can y'all tell I've worked at a church far too long--because I've gone to a gazillion receptions and eaten this stuff since I was a kid!

Sir,

I can remove the cucumber if you can not stand to have sweet and savory together . As for lime sherbet, I know that southern cuisine does lag back a bit, but that particular additive belongs in the archives of The Society for the Preservation of Endangered Foods. Now, if we are going to talk about sweet tea, that is a classic which never goes out of style like a finely tailored Brooks Brothers suit or a set of Limoges china. I believe your tastes have been slightly skewed by your all too numerous trips to the House of Prayer kitchen. I know it tastes good but I have two words for you as a cautionary tale... Luciano Pavorotti .He had the face and body of a god as well as a young man.....

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
prepstudinsc said:
Bronxy,
I'm not quite sure about a vegan sustuh...I know some who don't eat pork, but vegan cake. (Borrowing Lex's Willona voice...) "Nigga, Please..." :biggrin1: How can we have a pound cake if it doesn't have butter and eggs.

Dont be uncouth! There are many ways to satisfy and fool the palate. IF Bronxy needs vegan cake, then she should have it. I would see this more as a culinary challenge than a betrayal of the highest order... Because of her carribean roots I suggested East Indian cuisine. There are many masalas, curries and dals that can be prepared to suit the tastes of all. Also you havent had anything till you have a miniature Samosa filled with savory potatoes and peas... We must be sensitive to the culinary requirements of all involved.