Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
Dont be uncouth! There are many ways to satisfy and fool the palate. IF Bronxy needs vegan cake, then she should have it. I would see this more as a culinary challenge than a betrayal of the highest order... Because of her carribean roots I suggested East Indian cuisine. There are many masalas, curries and dals that can be prepared to suit the tastes of all. Also you havent had anything till you have a miniature Samosa filled with savory potatoes and peas... We must be sensitive to the culinary requirements of all involved.

Chil', I love me some Indian food. Speaking of Carribean food, can we have some callalloo, too. Let's do it up with the greens.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
Sir,

I can remove the cucumber if you can not stand to have sweet and savory together . As for lime sherbet, I know that southern cuisine does lag back a bit, but that particular additive belongs in the archives of The Society for the Preservation of Endangered Foods. Now, if we are going to talk about sweet tea, that is a classic which never goes out of style like a finely tailored Brooks Brothers suit or a set of Limoges china. I believe your tastes have been slightly skewed by your all too numerous trips to the House of Prayer kitchen. I know it tastes good but I have two words for you as a cautionary tale... Luciano Pavorotti .He had the face and body of a god as well as a young man.....

There is nothing wrong with southern food. There are several fundamental food groups...butter, sugar, mayonnaise, fried food, tea. What is lagging behind in that? Why do you think we all walk around happy down here. We might die early, but we all have good skin and have smiles on our faces!

As to going to the House of Prayer, there's no place else in Charlotte that you can go get neckbones or turkey wings plus a couple of sides and cornbread and tea for $5.99. (and don't get me started on the poundcake or red velvet cake--I might start speaking in tongues!)

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
prepstudinsc said:
There is nothing wrong with southern food. There are several fundamental food groups...butter, sugar, mayonnaise, fried food, tea. What is lagging behind in that? Why do you think we all walk around happy down here. We might die early, but we all have good skin and have smiles on our faces!

As to going to the House of Prayer, there's no place else in Charlotte that you can go get neckbones or turkey wings plus a couple of sides and cornbread and tea for $5.99. (and don't get me started on the poundcake or red velvet cake--I might start speaking in tongues!)

Now sweetums,

let us dissect what you just said... First, I will skip over your woefully tragic ignorance of the food pyramid... but I do think I can make something of the rest of it. I am sure that Dr. Freud would have had a field day with this conversation... What is this about POUNDing CAKE and RED VELVET? Do tell, does it really give you "good skin" and put "a smile on your face"? Baby, if the house of prayer can make you speak in TONGUES, who am I to deny that pleasure... I say, "Praise the Lord and pass the Turkey wings!" I am all for letting you "die" early and often! :wink:

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lex said:
Matthew and I are obviously going to need to burn off a LOT of calories during our honeymoon. I can't hardly wait.

Now that's what I'm talkin about.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
All this talk of food. Monty and I have a lot of teaching to do. Greens are best cooked in pork of any kind. I like thoe Boston butt roas to cook greens in. Or the juice left over from a cooked ham. And some turnips and hot water cornbread. Some people add a touch of sugar to the greens. Some do not.
The greens taste best if mixed: turnips, collards, etc.

But I love to graze at the table.

Monty what is this about the sherbet in the punch? White grape juice with or without other juices is supposed to be frozen in one of these salad tube pans and then aloud to float in the punch bowl.
Or
Freeze the fruit juices and then pour white grape juice and ginger ale and spirits to taste to the frozen misture and stir.

Also Monty you left out the part where the bride's mother asks the organist who is casually sipping on the punch and munching the goodies, "When are youy going to START playing the piano for the reception. We did ASK you to play for the reception as well, DIDN'T we?" Of course the answer is NO. But out in the car is a stash of music just for these situations like this. It is retrieved and played with gusto. Hopefully remembering the music which hasn't been played since the last wedding reception.

Then come the requests for songs from somewhere that are not in the stash and the organist has never heard of or WISHES he had never heard of.

Been there, done that, had punch all over the T shirt at the news I was playing right then for the reception in progress.

Earlier Monty was in a dither about what to play for the processional as Here Comes the Bride just didn't seem quite right.

How about "Can't Help Loving that Man of Mine" from "Old Man River".

Lex keeps wanting the song "Bigger is Better." I told him no Lex, not at a dignified wedding.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Freddie53 said:
All this talk of food. Monty and I have a lot of teaching to do. Greens are best cooked in pork of any kind. I like thoe Boston butt roas to cook greens in. Or the juice left over from a cooked ham. And some turnips and hot water cornbread. Some people add a touch of sugar to the greens. Some do not.
The greens taste best if mixed: turnips, collards, etc.

But I love to graze at the table.

Monty what is this about the sherbet in the punch? White grape juice with or without other juices is supposed to be frozen in one of these salad tube pans and then aloud to float in the punch bowl.
Or
Freeze the fruit juices and then pour white grape juice and ginger ale and spirits to taste to the frozen misture and stir.

Also Monty you left out the part where the bride's mother asks the organist who is casually sipping on the punch and munching the goodies, "When are youy going to START playing the piano for the reception. We did ASK you to play for the reception as well, DIDN'T we?" Of course the answer is NO. But out in the car is a stash of music just for these situations like this. It is retrieved and played with gusto. Hopefully remembering the music which hasn't been played since the last wedding reception.

Then come the requests for songs from somewhere that are not in the stash and the organist has never heard of or WISHES he had never heard of.

Been there, done that, had punch all over the T shirt at the news I was playing right then for the reception in progress.

Earlier Monty was in a dither about what to play for the processional as Here Comes the Bride just didn't seem quite right.

How about "Can't Help Loving that Man of Mine" from "Old Man River".

Lex keeps wanting the song "Bigger is Better." I told him no Lex, not at a dignified wedding.

Exactly Freddie,

I believe this to be the post Martha answer to sherbet. I actually would arrange the fruit at the bottom of the ring so when it freezes it will have a delightful design.. Oh yes, I how could I forget the mint leaves....

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well, there will have to be some Mariah played, since she deserves much of the credit for our union, and since this will of course be a diva affair.

I suggest "Music Box" - it sounds like a wedding song. Do you know it, Lex?