You banned Flashy? Seriously?

Poor ol Flashy. :(

Look forward to him being back in 7. :D

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Flashy speaks his mind, sometimes that bugs people, I guess the mods had to make a decision (and a week suspension is less horrifying than a perm. ban). Fortunately, we have several of his topics to help us through the week-long drought, although we'll be quite thirsty by the end of it.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A couple of his last handful of posts really pushed the envelope.
My guess is that Flashy's guests were really driving him crazy ... and the pent-up force had to go somewhere.

Unless said posts have been deleted, I saw nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever for the Politics Forum; they were, in fact, mild by the standards tolerated there. And his other posts whether about South Park or Large Tits on a Naturally Slim Body are anything but provocative.

The Flasher and I rarely see eye to eye on many specifics (much as we agree on generalities), but I've always followed his contributions to LPSG with interest (and occasional amusement as well as frequent consternation). I'll also say that his opinions are backed with real knowledge and appreciate nuance in a way that is rarely if ever found elsewhere here.

Both he and HG are that rare breed whose education and superior mind allow them to think for themselves instead of absorbing everything through that damn red/blue dichotomy that has been poisoning the well of honest dialog for most of my adult life, certainly since Clinton's first inaugural. They are true independents in a hyper-partisan age.

If this is some attempt to regain some sense of order to the Politics Forum on the part of the moderators, I can think of at least a half-dozen regular posters there (both to the left and the right) who deserve a time-out so much more than Flashy.

If you're lurking and can read this, Flash, I'm 100% behind you on this one. Far from being a troll, you've proven yourself to be a thoughtful, informed and insightful member here. To have been singled out for a few provocative posts in a forum that is infested with trolls and pointless bickering is a disgrace to this entire website.

<big sigh>

Media
Unless said posts have been deleted, I saw nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever for the Politics Forum; they were, in fact, mild by the standards tolerated there. And his other posts whether about South Park or Large Tits on a Naturally Slim Body are anything but provocative.

The Flasher and I rarely see eye to eye on many specifics (much as we agree on generalities), but I've always followed his contributions to LPSG with interest (and occasional amusement as well as frequent consternation). I'll also say that his opinions are backed with real knowledge and appreciate nuance in a way that is rarely if ever found elsewhere here.

Both he and HG are that rare breed whose education and superior mind allow them to think for themselves instead of absorbing everything through that damn red/blue dichotomy that has been poisoning the well of honest dialog for most of my adult life, certainly since Clinton's first inaugural. They are true independents in a hyper-partisan age.

If this is some attempt to regain some sense of order to the Politics Forum on the part of the moderators, I can think of at least a half-dozen regular posters there (both to the left and the right) who deserve a time-out so much more than Flashy.

If you're lurking and can read this, Flash, I'm 100% behind you on this one. Far from being a troll, you've proven yourself to be a thoughtful, informed and insightful member here. To have been singled out for a few provocative posts in a forum that is infested with trolls and pointless bickering is a disgrace to this entire website.

<big sigh>

You said a proper mouth full B. xoxox

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Nothing mild about them.

I agree.

Okay.

If he's just had two warnings, then he was due for a time-out, given the nature of what I assume was the relevant post.

<big sigh>
Thoughtful, informed, insightful. Yes, all of those. A lot registers on Flashy ... in tremendous detail. I read his posts.
But if he gets warnings and steps up the aggression, he will get a temporary ban.
Done.
And the next stage will be something more serious ... which I would hate to see.
Because Flashy, whatever else is said, is on an astonishing range of topics an irreplaceable poster.
But rules is rules ... and he breaks 'em.

This one
... as I've said before ... strikes me as a beyond-the-pale post. Wouldn't matter who made it.

To the poster he's addressing, he says:

"i say fuck off and stick your own toolery up your ass..."
"so fuck off..."
"save your breath, asshole..."
"you foolish twerp..."
"stick it up your ass you prick..."
"so go fuck yourself you lying hypocrite..."
"unlike those happy memories you likely carry around of that bitch that shat you out..."
"once again, go fuck yourself ..."

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

This one
... as I've said before ... strikes me as a beyond-the-pale post. Wouldn't matter who made it.

To the poster he's addressing, he says:

"i say fuck off and stick your own toolery up your ass..."
"so fuck off..."
"save your breath, asshole..."
"you foolish twerp..."
"stick it up your ass you prick..."
"so go fuck yourself you lying hypocrite..."
"unlike those happy memories you likely carry around of that bitch that shat you out..."
"once again, go fuck yourself ..."

I'm off to work in just a few moments, do I don't have the time for the due diligence required to quote the voluminous posts made over there that make those sound like a lullaby.

Again, if the decision has been made to clean up the Politics Forum (an idea I support wholeheartedly, BTW, as civil conversation over there is practically non-existent), then I can easily think of a dozen posters who consistently enflame, disrupt or otherwise troll it consistently (no: constantly).

Using the Flash to prove a point is a veritable exercise in poor judgment, IMO, when others routinely link to homophobic and white supremacist sites and get a pass. Membership here is restricted to adults who presumably have heard such things before.

I'll take your word for his having been warned previously, though, again, in the context of the Political Forum, I still cannot imagine him posting anything that is in any way unusual for that place. Scapegoating Flashy is just not right.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Using the Flash to prove a point is a veritable exercise in poor judgment, IMO, when others routinely link to homophobic and white supremacist sites and get a pass. Membership here is restricted to adults who presumably have heard such things before.

I'll take your word for his having been warned previously, though, again, in the context of the Political Forum, I still cannot imagine him posting anything that is in any way unusual for that place. Scapegoating Flashy is just not right.

Here's what was put in the Mods Actions thread:

"Flashy - continued harassment after 2 warnings temp ban, one week."

I see no reason to call this scapegoating, nor as making him an example.
It's the usual process of warning, temp ban, and then something we don't wanna think about.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I read that thread about oild spil. Talltpaguy started a thread, did three posts, then someone else. Then flashy posted something which seemed a bit angry but entirely to the point, wasnt attacking anyone or anything like that. Then came two more posts one by silvertrain and one by talltpatgut attacking flashy personally and accusing him of trolling.

I have no idea of the history, but at face value in this thread Flashy had posted nothing irrelevant or attacking anyone.

Then in the next post he hit back at the two who had complained he was butting in. Im not surprised. When I read through the thread I wondered why the two idiots had attacked him and what they had against him form past fistory, because obviously it had nothing to do with what was in this thread.

If your going to ban someone for hitting back, arent you going to ban the two who provoked the fight?

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
No Premiership title

No FA Cup

No European Cup

We need to have sympathy, even for the Manc "Scum" :biggrin1:

Can you imagine what you have done, oh wise Moderation Team? Do you not tremble at the thought of the thesis that you have now given him time to compose?

Vote Hamas :eek:

Missing you already Flash :wink:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I read that thread about oild spil. Talltpaguy started a thread, did three posts, then someone else. Then flashy posted something which seemed a bit angry but entirely to the point, wasnt attacking anyone or anything like that. Then came two more posts one by silvertrain and one by talltpatgut attacking flashy personally and accusing him of trolling.

I have no idea of the history, but at face value in this thread Flashy had posted nothing irrelevant or attacking anyone.

Then in the next post he hit back at the two who had complained he was butting in. Im not surprised. When I read through the thread I wondered why the two idiots had attacked him and what they had against him form past fistory, because obviously it had nothing to do with what was in this thread.

If your going to ban someone for hitting back, arent you going to ban the two who provoked the fight?

There is a lot of provoking going on in the politics forum, i've been talked to the exact same way by a few over there for my opinion. If you even try to explain your point of view, its easy for the other side to start calling you all sorts of explitives. If indeed Flashy got banned for that, then the other people doing that should be banned over the same stuff.

The only difference is, i could take it and apparently others couldn't handle it from Flashy. Sometimes there is a huge hate group that lays low and they all get their friends to report your post, even if they didnt read it or wasnt even offended by it. If they don't agree with you, especially your politics, some people will stop at nothing to get the person making those opinions thrown out. It happens all over the net and in politics.