You banned Flashy? Seriously?

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How does that make Flashy a troll?
What is your definition of an internet troll?

This,
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
Troll (Internet) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Wikipedia is not a reliable source!
That`s what they say at my ex uni!!!!:wink:
I just looooove how people play naive here!
You baited him! Just be a man enough and admit it!
Flashy was just a bit too naive in his convo with you guys!
Did he cross a line, yes!
was it his fault, NO!
He posted and got-YOU ARE A TROLL part!
P.S. I have never in my life talked to neither Flashy or you, and I couldn`t care less about your posts! But as I pointed it out, I had to read them now! I think I can be more objective on this topic than you!

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just looooove how people play naive here!
You baited him! Just be a man enough and admit it!
Flashy was just a bit too naive in his convo with you guys!
Did he cross a line, yes!
was it his fault, NO!
He posted and got-YOU ARE A TROLL part!

Obviously, the staff here agrees with my assertion that Flashy's rambling tirade in this post was the trolling that started the thread going downhill... http://www.lpsg.org/2740088-post5.html

None of the three posts I posted to define the thread's direction made mention of Obama, the stimulus bill from a year earlier, nuclear power, attempted to assign blame or basically take on a partisan political slant on this issue in any way... In fact, I don't even think the 'full' articles found through the linkbacks I provided to my sources made mention of these topics either.

All of my posts before Flashy entered the thread were matter-of-fact postings about the size of the spill, the direction it was moving, who could be expected to be impacted, and that soon-to-be affected locals might want to go enjoy the beach while they still can... Flashy's posts addressed NONE of these issues... Instead, he came into the thread and attempted to hijack it with his own issues... If he wanted to discuss these different topics, then clearly he should have created a different thread to do that, not hijack an existing thread... And again, considering the ultimate outcome here, obviously the mods agreed.

Furthermore, I fail to see how me as the OP calling him out on his antics which were clearly driving the thread off course equates to me "insulting" him and perpetrating a "character assassination" of him. There is no evidence of that whatsoever. None at all. Not only am I of the opinion that such accusations against me are baseless, but obviously the forum staff agrees, which is why Flashy is the one who got disciplined for disrupting the thread, and nobody else.

It's a shame that some of you are so blinded from reality that you will not only wrongly bash the forum staff for doing what's right, but will seek out and level baseless attacks on other members as a means of trying to deflect responsibility from the guilty party. Stop spinning around, take the blindfold off and put the bat down, I am not a piñata.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If we define TROLLING as narrow as the definition you give, trust me, more than 60 % of members would be banned!

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^You got that right... And If I was Admin here, that would certainly be a possible scenario. Not because I'm a dick like that (I actually hate banning people), but because the members of the communities I run flat out wouldn't stand for it.

But this is an adult site, dealing with naughty topics which lend themselves to a more freewheeling approach... Horny people say all sorts of things.

But again, in this instance, nothing I have said here is inaccurate, else Flashy wouldn't have been suspended in the first place.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
^Plus, it just winked at me suggestively and then showed me it's ass... That's a heckuva panda you've got there!
Why, thank you sugar!
He is slutty!
I`ll give you my phone number in private!!!:wink:
But aren`t we "trolling" now????:tongue:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
???

This is not my site, and I'm not obligated to behave here as if it is. As I have indicated elsewhere, that is much of the allure here for me.
Ah...so. You behave one way in your own place but when your a guest somewhere else, it's another thing and you have no obligation to be civil. OK.

What I said to another person on another thread under different circumstances is not relevant to this discussion, unless YOU are the one seeking a character assassination here.
It is very relevant if you are going to cry about other people going off topic in "your" thread... if you're going hit the report button because someone whacked you back with some insults. As far as impugning your character, well I didn't put the words in your mouth. You wrote them.

Very few of us are angels here and sometimes we write stuff we might later regret. You are no better than most others.

Furthermore, you conveniently left out the part where the very next post in that thread after mine was your beloved Flashy himself agreeing with my remarks towards the noob troll.
I left it out on purpose so I could point out right now that the big bad troll Flashy had been very patient with the guy for three posts before he called him an asshole when he just didn't get the point. Whereas you leaped on the poor noob with all guns blazing first post. I used it to point out your double standard. Not only do you hold Flashy and others to a different standard here, you claim to behave differently on other websites. I'd call what you do here trolling. It certain fits the definition you posted above.

So, thanks for your concern, but it is clear that neither objectivity nor fairness are on your agenda here.
LOL. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sorry, are you a mod? Oh, what's that? You're not?

Well, then I'm sure you can figure out what you can do with your opinion at this point. I get the impression you've been down this road a number of times in the past.

Enjoy the forum, I certainly do!

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Flashy's mistake was taking the bait of insults and character assassination directed at him by two other posters. Given the content of those posts, I think very few of us would turned the other cheek or merely hit the report button. I would have hit back as well.

Cant say how I would have reacted, but basically the two posters deserved to be insulted. I have no idea what other history there may be, but flashys first post in this thread was fair comment if exciteable. I do not agree with tallpaguy that flashys post was off topic. It certainly was not. he brought into the topic nuclear power, which is highly relevant. One alternative to oil drilling is nuclear generation. Both have risks and to refuse one almost inevitably is to accept the other.

I havent seen an official explanation of why Flashy was banned, but it has been suggested he was already under warning. Did either of the two who provoked him get warnings for their actions here? As far as I am concerned, deliberately provokingt a reaction is a more serious crime than responding to one. It would seem that both tallpatguy and silvertraim made deliberately provocative posts.

Not that I would have banned anyone for the posts. But if any banning is going on, then the other two are more guilty. Whether or not the ban (and warnings to the others?) followed procedure, it was not just.

Hmmm... As the OP of the thread, I've read every last word of it... Can you go ahead and quote the posts and names of these "two other posters" who baited him with "insults and character assassination" please?

Or perhaps you would like to re-read the thread and modify your statement?
In your case that would be, 'For the love of God, go troll someone else's thread! ' I dont understand who someone who claims to be a moderator can not understand that this is baiting, insulting and character assasination. I originally read the thread out of interest in the oil spill. It was clear from the posts that there was history between you and Flashy, but it was you who accused him of trolling. His post was not unreasonable, maybe you need a bit of distance from the situation to see that. Next I found Flashy had been banned, wondered why and found all this. I would judge that you are using the letter of the law to create an injustice.

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Flashy is one of the site's most notorious sadists.

There have been very few people that I wanted to viciously beat with a steel pipe on this board.

I voluntarily go away for week all of the time.

More of you crumbums should try it. It'd do you good.

I sure as hell hope that his houseguests took off before the ban... he was comin' here to blow off some steam.

A week ban ain't shit. If lpsg really wanted him gone, they would have canned his ass a while ago.

It's nothin' but a slap on the wrist.

You dolts can wipe off the tears and dry your eyes. It's going to be okay...

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In your case that would be, 'For the love of God, go troll someone else's thread! ' I dont understand who someone who claims to be a moderator can not understand that this is baiting, insulting and character assasination. I originally read the thread out of interest in the oil spill. It was clear from the posts that there was history between you and Flashy, but it was you who accused him of trolling. His post was not unreasonable, maybe you need a bit of distance from the situation to see that. Next I found Flashy had been banned, wondered why and found all this. I would judge that you are using the letter of the law to create an injustice.

I made mention of this issue on another forum I am active in, whose members are strictly comprised of the Admins of other forums. (hope that makes sense)... Nobody that I queried there said I was in the wrong or should face discipline in this issue... And here's the kicker... I didn't tell anyone that I was 'talltpaguy' (nor would I. Not with my dong pictured here!)... I brought it up as an example of moderation tactics. (was the moderation of this site correct to suspend Flashy was my first question. My 2nd question was would you suspend anyone else?)

So thanks for your concern, but like I said before, obviously the moderation staff here knows what they are doing and handled this issue correctly. Just because you personally don't like the outcome doesn't mean you're right. It just means that you probably aren't very skilled at being objective.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then why do it? All it serves is to reinforce a chilling effect on the sanctioned member and others who take notice of "regulation" around here.
That's the entire point man.

At some point, a bad player on the boards winds up costing the site more than his contributions are worth. The staff correctly deduced that Flashy had reached that point.