You can't be happier than your wife.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Married men be warned – being happier than your wife could end in divorce - Telegraph

I can think of one of my divorced male friends where this was so true.

"Are people averse to welfare inequality? Are they making happiness comparisons? Is this
taking place even within couples? Based on three different panel datasets, this paper suggests
that this is indeed the case. Controlling for the level of well-being​
1 of spouses, as well as their
income, age, number of children and other characteristics that have been found to associated
with marriage stability, we find that a higher happiness gap between spouses increases the risk
of divorce. We take this as a piece of evidence that people care for the distribution of wellbeing

per se. This issue is the main motivation of the paper."

http://www.parisschoolofeconomics.eu/IMG/pdf/Happiness_gaps_dp4599.pdf

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
In my opinion both should have equal happiness,working together to make for a wonderful,harmonious,sublime happy partnership.

I would be devastated if my 'husband' (we're not married yet) was less happy than me and he would too vice versa.

Trouty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One was killed in the Gulf and the other died in a RTA

:frown1: kinda puts any problems I might have into perspective :frown1:

I genuinely feel for you - but not in a pitying kind of way because you really seem 'with it'.

...and as to the OP I agree I can't be happier than my wife as she has the greatest spouse that ever lived :wink:

THEDUDEofDestiny

Experimental Member
Media
no one is happy. at best you are distracted momentarily from the fact that you are mortal and that the end is coming, and that is only for a few seconds while you are coming. after that it is right back to waiting for death

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
:frown1: kinda puts any problems I might have into perspective :frown1:

I genuinely feel for you - but not in a pitying kind of way because you really seem 'with it'.

...and as to the OP I agree I can't be happier than my wife as she has the greatest spouse that ever lived :wink:

Ahhh ta Trouty! It was a long time ago and though i still feel it it's not as raw.I was 4 months pregnant the first time (Gulf) and that gave me the will to carry on.

The 2nd time (RTA) our baby son was 8 months old,plus my other 5 to take care of so again they gave me the will to carry on with things.