You dirty homophones!

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do birds get sore when they soar?
Does a wife tell lies when she lies down with her husband?
Is someone with a tan sun kissed or sun kist?

A reel of real important questions that need answers.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do birds get sore when they soar?
Does a wife tell lies when she lies down with her husband?
Is someone with a tan sun kissed or sun kist?

A reel of real important questions that need answers.

I passed by such questions in the past, and then discussed them with disgust.

A barre is a kind of bar. Most bears are bare. When you are lying on a bier, you can no longer drink beer. You may peer at a pier, or pair with a pear.

"Though I'm anything but clever, I could talk like that forever." --Captain Corcoran, H.M.S. Pinafore

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My beau tied a bow around his bough so I bow down and blew until I am blue in the face. We decided to play tennis, but weren't sure whether the weather would hold. I got hit by the ball which made me bawl. We got caught on the court by the rain which made a racket on my racquet. We decided to have afternoon tea - I found a karat diamond ring in my carrot cake.

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Missed one:

While wearing your tee shirts, I imagine.

Damn! I never thought of that!

I've always thought of it as T-shirt anyway - I don't know if that's correct or not. TBH, I can't recall ever having to write it out until now so I've never really considered the spelling.....

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Damn! I never thought of that!

I've always thought of it as T-shirt anyway - I don't know if that's correct or not. TBH, I can't recall ever having to write it out until now so I've never really considered the spelling.....

I think "T-shirt" is more commonly used; it still gives you a homophone with "tea."

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What is wrong with "a hundred and some years"?
To my UK ear, it smacks of affectation and pretension.

Well, to my American ear, it sounds a bit rustic if anything unusual at all. Would it seem any different if I had said "a hundred and some-odd years"? I assure you that the latter phrase is of widespread and long-established use.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
To my UK ear, there are expressions and a style that some people sometimes use that reminds me of a George Washington address. I do not know what people in the US think about that, but as a foreigner, I find it affected and pretentious, ten score and some years later.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
To my UK ear, there are expressions and a style that some people sometimes use that reminds me of a George Washington address. I do not know what people in the US think about that, but as a foreigner, I find it affected and pretentious, ten score and some years later.
In my initial reply to your charge that my choice of expression was "affected and pretentious," I held off condemning your ignorance and, by laying the facts of the matter before you, gave you the chance to redeem yourself. You just failed it.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I was eplying to Max.
How so? You didn't address my queries, rather you again called Cal's syntax, "affected and pretentious".

He's the President of the Bad Grammer Society, by the way. I wouldn't cross him if I were you.

And what is the meaning of "eplying"? Is that your invented word for "replying electronically"?

Wait were you kidding, or do you not know that it's "Hear! Hear!"?
What do you think? :rolleyes: :wink:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I suppose it reflects the level of my interest is this type of thread now.

Why don't you go and sneer at this guy's thread......http://www.lpsg.org/245642-too-all-the-moms.html
I don't understand the connection of that thread to this one, or the relevance.

I'm not sneering at this thread, I'm rather enjoying it. Sorry if you can't get into the spirit.

Your response seems completely non sequitur, not to mention hostile, and, dare I say, sneering?