You gotta be vigilant

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Our buddies, Hastert & Boehner, in the House of Representatives have decided that any changes made to current lobbying law and rules will be minimal. Boehner has never denied his K Street dealings, and from the outset has sworn that he will do all in his power to oppose lobbying reform (hmm, republican representative from Ohio, big surprise, huh?). Hastert, on the other hand, "Made a Great Noise, As The Sound Of A Trumpet" at the beginning of the Abramoff scandal, and claimed he was going to draft some new, stricter rules regarding lobbying, and especially house and senate members who accept gifts of 3rd party-paid travel. But now that our 15 second attention span is focused elsewhere, Hastert admits that it will be a much lower priority. If you read this, and have just a spare moment, please drop a quick email to your representative and ask him to support rigorous strengthening of lobbying rules and restrictions.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
When I read this thread title, I saw "You gotta be a vigilante." LOL

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Dr Rock said:
hahaha, "Boehner"?? is his first name Richard by any chance?
Yeah, I know, just too fuckin funny, huh? I guess, at the very least, he can blame his abject stupidity on lack of blood to the brain, huh?

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
DC_DEEP said:
...But now that our 15 second attention span is focused elsewhere, Hastert admits that it will be a much lower priority.

Kinda like the brief Republican infatuation with term limits back in 1994's "Contract with America." I wonder where interest in that went?

DC_DEEP said:
If you read this, and have just a spare moment, please drop a quick email to your representative and ask him to support rigorous strengthening of lobbying rules and restrictions.

FWIW, I wrote Darlene Hooley about this. Done

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SpeedoGuy said:
Kinda like the brief Republican infatuation with term limits back in 1994's "Contract with America." I wonder where interest in that went?
FWIW, I wrote Darlene Hooley about this. Done
Be prepared, I'm gonna kiss you! Don't worry, I'll keep it to a brotherly kiss, right on the cheek!

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
SpeedoGuy said:

Didn't you hear? That was a typo, it was supposed to read "Contract ON America."

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SpeedoGuy said:
Hmm, do you think maybe it might possibly have something to do with a shift in the party majority? When your party is minority, you screech "term limits!" When your party is majority, you screech "status quo!"