You had a bad day

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by flame boy, Aug 20, 2010.

1. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

What do you guys do or think about when you are having (or have just had) a particularly bad day? Is there someone special you call or something you think of which helps brighten your day a little bit? I had a particularly shitty day yesterday and found that it was really helpful to think "tomorrows a whole new day, this will be nothing more than a memory tomorrow".

What do you guys do if you are having a bad day?

(Points deducted for going postal).

2. Kotchanski

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Don't worry Flamey, I promise you faithfully that today will make yesterday seem like a breeze!

When I'm having one of those really bad days, when everything is getting on top of me, nothing is going right and I just want to scream at everyone, I find it very helpful to listen to some particularly disturbing music and follow it up with either chain watching Eddie Izzard dvds or for the really really bad days Billy Connolly always does the trick (No matter what my mood, the way he says willy always makes me crack up)

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

"In a certain light ma willy looks like Stewart Granger." :biggrin:

Bad day? I have a cuddle with my dog, who idolises me and doesn't care what anyone else thinks.

4. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    If I'm having a particularly bad day, I love to put on some Marilyn Manson, crank up the volume to ear bleedingly loud, and just release the anger/frustration.

5. D_Tim McGnaw

D_Tim McGnaw Account Disabled

I go and have some Champagne Cocktails in my favourite cocktail bar, then I take my credit card and blitz BROWN THOMAS

Then I finish the evening with a quick mini-facial and a manicure at my favourite spa and then rockup home for more champagne and angry sex. It works. ;)

6. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I play this at full blast. It never fails to work. :smile:

7. flame boy

flame boy Account Disabled

During a lunch break yesterday I calmly walked to my car, sat there for a second and then play this all full volume. The lyrics aren't appropriate to the situation but it was noisy enough to make me feel better. Loud music does seem to be helpful.

Also, murdering all those people calmed me somewhat too. Clearly, this is a joke.

8. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Honestly it's really strange when I'm really upset I listen to Eminem- Beautiful, which I normally hate this kind of music or old Disturbed- stupify or Linkin Park-One step closer/ Shut up. Normally I go for metal music that just makes me feel pumped and I put on my IPOD and go work out or do something that takes a lot of energy until I calm down. It's very rare for me to get that upset, but it happens.

Try not to kill people :eek:)

#8 HiddenLacey, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2010
  9. nudeyorker

Gold Member

I go to the gym and work out for an hour. If I don't feel better I come home and make a shaker of Crown Royal Manhattans and talk it out with my partner or call someone on the telephone who will understand. If I still don't feel better I order Chinese take away.

10. Viking_UK

Gold Member

If I've had a shitty day, I usually take it out on the badminton or tennis court. Somehow, smacking a ball or shuttlecock around is a great release of tension or frustration. If I can't do either of those, I'll go out on my bike or take a long random drive, blasting out some of my favourite tunes - although that can wind me up even more if there are idiots on the road.

11. ozze

ozze Member

just relax take my mind and body to a calmstate and start again .cheers

12. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    YES! Same here! Also when I'm pissed, I'll listen to Limp Bizcuit (sp?) Give Me Something to Break. A couple more: Anything from Powerman 5000 (lets see who knows who I am talking about with this group), anything from Disturbed's 1st or 2nd album, Godsmack (Godsmack, Alive)...so many more I could list, but those (along with Manson) bands are the ones that immediately pop into my mind.

13. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    You mean "this is what it's like when worlds collide, are you ready to go, cause I'm ready to go" :biggrin1:

This is my angry music! I cannot listen to this stuff all the time though. I listen to a lot of country and oldie and less harsh rock normally. Except Mason.... he freaks me out for some reason. :rolleyes:

But heavy music and an energy outlet of some sort normally pumps me up and I can deal with anything!

14. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    I take the Ducati out and blast down the coastal highway for 30 minutes, stop, sit beside the sea and chuck some stones in the water and decide things aren't so bad, I'm a lucky guy and forgive all the assholes. Then I ride home at a more sedate and legal pace.

Or I go for a swim in the sea. But the motorcycle works better.

15. Tevye

Tevye New Member

Many things that I do when having or having had a terrible day. I put together my favorite foods and read a book or go for a long walk or take out my tools and work on my planet Nehemiah with its land masses, mountains, valleys, oceans, lakes and rivers in 90 countries, thousands of cities and towns and villages many still unplotted or spend time with my family in an activity. I don't have too many bad days and they don't stay bad for long.

16. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    I listen to music. It doesn't have to be a particular song or artist or style, it just has to be something I like. I'm very passionate about music so hearing a song I like does wonders for my whole mind, body and soul, not just my ears.
    When I'm dog-sitting, I love being cuddled up with the dog on the couch on the back porch. She's such an adorable dog, her big smile and happy face always fills me with joy.

17. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    Plus I'm a big fan of comedy, so I love to sit in front of the TV and watch one of my favourite comedy shows or DVDs. When I'm having a good day, it's a great way to finish. When it's a bad day, it's a much-needed pick-me-up.

#17 willow78, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  18. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    I arrange things so I can go back to bed and hopefully get up on the correct side of it, so to say. If angered or frustrated I write it in private journal and also crochet. I crochet so I do not kill people.

It helps to distract oneself with work and music only if everything is not going haywire. Under the inability to do anything right, only meditation or sleep works.

19. luka82

Gold Member

Well I have had a couple of really bad days in a roll....What has helped me?
    Friends and "Damages"! Glenn Close is brilliant!

20. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I usually just call my boyfriend. He's got this ultra-calm demeanor that always relaxes me. And he's super sweet and wise and an amazing listener. I wanna be like him when I grow up. :tongue: If he's not available to speak with, then I'll turn on some music and clean the house or something. Being physical tends to help me.

Draft saved Draft deleted