You know those people who always argue...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Thoraxis_Biggulp, May 31, 2008.

1. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

... not only are they always right, but you're always wrong. The ones that will read a statement on a topic they know nothing about, then go and research it until they can twist their findings into an argument that "disproves" it.

I hate those people, as well as anyone who turns it into Comedy Club Open Mic Night with "I call her my wife" comments. Seriously, shut the fuck up.

Anyway, my signature is from a conversation in my book. Two characters are talking about the idea of eating hyena meat when one says "It's akin to chewing on a rain soaked car tire."
    I wonder how many such forum jackasses will go out of their way to try hyena meat... or search wikipedia for information on its toxicity to see if it can be safely consumed by humans... just to write to me about it and be a dick.

2. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

Or how about when you go thru the trouble of finding 20 pics of say a hot model or actor with nudes,you post them and the trolls feel the need to write bitter nasty messages.There are a few on here that NEVER have 1 nice thing to say.They dont start threads they just complain about them.I wish they would go back under the bridges from where they came.I mean if you dont like someone or something than fine.But when all you ever post is negative than somethings wrong!Im getting off my soap box now,lol

3. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Those are exactly the people I mean. And they'll out themselves in a few hours when they argue that you only posted 18 pictures of said hot model, 3 of which have been posted here before, thus somehow negating the validity of everything stated thereafter. The more extreme will follow after the weekend with reports of their hyena cookout.

4. B_JasonDawgxxx

B_JasonDawgxxx New Member

Its as if they get great delight in ripping apart what others have done.I mean if they dont like it,start a new thread with something they like etc.And I have noticed its always the same guys that do it over n over n over.Bitter He-Hags.

5. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

You wrote a book? Very impressive! :)
    Idg the rest, but I am tipsy.

6. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I feel your pain - try being married to one for a decade... :rolleyes:

7. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    People who seldom make an original post, just correct details of other people's posts.

(moi?):eek::eek::eek:

#7 kalipygian, May 31, 2008
    Last edited: May 31, 2008
  8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Fixed that for ya! :rolleyes::wink:

9. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks, You'ld think a person would learn never to use absolutes.:biggrin1:

10. rockyasyouneed

I could not agree more, they get all preachy like they are defending their masters thesis, like my grandfather used to say "an empty wagon makes alot of noise!"

oooops I hope that doesn't sound too bitter or preachy. LOL

11. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'll type and respond to information I can contribute to, or I check the writer's thinking. The latter tactic often upsets another poster when his thinking is called wrong or incomplete.

Then some take that as personal. Others abound with that as a challenge. Threads go on and on over obscure references and invalid punctuation.

Though in the past I have been guilty. I try to avoid it in the here and now.

12. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

:eek::rolleyes::biggrin1:

13. Northland

Gold Member

Wow! I had wondered what hyena meat tasted like. Having already sampled rain soaked tire, this will save me a lot of work in locating hyena at the local butcher. Thanks.

By the way, did you mean regular hyena or the laughing variety?

As to the other part of your post-I loudly agree. I have been shredded a few times even when just stating my own view on a matter-at times on topics which are not about right and wrong, just a personal belief. Fortunately for me, there are two posters who do this on a regular basis-oh, not directly to me. No, they quote a few words which I have posted and then in a response to another poster, shred what I have posted. Those are the most useless sorts. They aren't even man enough to respond directly to me. (note: there is one in particular of which I speak who has not yet posted in this thread, nor is he a moderator or admin.-figured I'd eliminate a few people from the guessing game).

Problem I have found with the sort you've mentioned, is that they are often held up as the cream of the crop around here. Yesterday, one responded indirectly to me twice-I have him on a mental ignore, it saves me a lot of grief.

14. B_dumbcow

B_dumbcow New Member

Albums:
    EDIT : Just ignore this.

15. D_Roland_D_Hay

D_Roland_D_Hay Account Disabled

Go Jason, Go Jason...

16. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Can you say Trinity?

17. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

I could, but I didn't know this was about Polly(wannacracker)tics.

Anyway, it was a regular hyena. Laughing hyenas taste like Silly Putty... obviously!

18. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

I like beef better.........shut-up...NO, You shut-up, Im right, your wrong, :biggrin1:

19. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Yes, I know those people and I avoid them as much as possible.

20. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Am writing, present tense.

Well, I've written one before, but developing it while writing it resulted in massive plot holes and inconsistencies, so I scrapped it. I'm sure I could've gotten it published anyway, but I'd rather not have my name on that pile of crap.

Draft saved Draft deleted