You know what they say about Italians ....

Mad Danny: Hey, check this out ... I've just seen it on MSN News.

Italians come out on top in penis study

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Chinese men have no reason to feel inferior about the size of their penises, according to a Hong Kong study which showed local men measured up to others elsewhere in the world below the belt.

"Our conclusion is that Hong Kong people are no smaller than western men, where their penises are concerned," said Chan Lung-wai, director of the Urology Centre at the Union Hospital, who headed the study.

"There has always been the myth that westerners have bigger penises and their (sexual) ability is better."

A group of scientists in Hong Kong spent five months from October last year measuring 148 ethnic Chinese volunteers aged between 23 and 93.

The average length of their flaccid penises was 8.46 cm (3.4 inches), which compared favourably with similar studies on other men overseas.

Germans have average lengths of about 8.6 cm, Israelis 8.3 cm, Turks 7.8 cm and Filippinos 7.35 cm. Italians were the longest at 9 cm and Americans averaged 8.8 cm.

The study did not measure the penises when they were erect.

It found that a man's height bore no relation to the length of his member, but those with higher body mass indexes, or fat content, appeared to have shorter penises.

"It seems that as someone gets older and fatter, his blood vessels change, so the penile size is not static. It may be a reflection of the condition of the person's blood vessels," Chan said, adding that this could spur yet another study

blackwood

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Mad Danny@Apr 21 2005, 07:31 AM
Hey, check this out ... I've just seen it on MSN News.

HONG KONG (Reuters) - Chinese men have no reason to feel inferior about the size of their penises, according to a Hong Kong study which showed local men measured up to others elsewhere in the world below the belt.

"Our conclusion is that Hong Kong people are no smaller than western men, where their penises are concerned," said Chan Lung-wai, director of the Urology Centre at the Union Hospital, who headed the study.

"There has always been the myth that westerners have bigger penises and their (sexual) ability is better."

A group of scientists in Hong Kong spent five months from October last year measuring 148 ethnic Chinese volunteers aged between 23 and 93.

The average length of their flaccid penises was 8.46 cm (3.4 inches), which compared favourably with similar studies on other men overseas.

Germans have average lengths of about 8.6 cm, Israelis 8.3 cm, Turks 7.8 cm and Filippinos 7.35 cm. Italians were the longest at 9 cm and Americans averaged 8.8 cm.

The study did not measure the penises when they were erect.

It found that a man's height bore no relation to the length of his member, but those with higher body mass indexes, or fat content, appeared to have shorter penises.

"It seems that as someone gets older and fatter, his blood vessels change, so the penile size is not static. It may be a reflection of the condition of the person's blood vessels," Chan said, adding that this could spur yet another study
[post=302819]Quoted post[/post]​

OK, now just what do they say about Italians???

blackwood

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, check this out ... I've just seen it on MSN News.

Italians were the longest at 9 cm and Americans averaged 8.8 cm.

blackwood
[post=302838]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
perhaps that????

Dr. Dilznick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Mad Danny

[post=302819]Quoted post[/post]​
Looks like the study was predisposed to conclude that there is no significant difference between the two groups. Kind of makes you wonder, though, why Chinese condoms are smaller than normal. Wait, no it doesn't.

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick@Apr 21 2005, 01:16 PM
Looks like the study was predisposed to conclude that there is no significant difference between the two groups. Kind of makes you wonder, though, why Chinese condoms are smaller than normal. Wait, no it doesn't.
[post=302881]Quoted post[/post]​

I was in Texas a couple of weeks ago and in one of the mens' room there was a condom dispenser that carried slim ones for more sensitivity. Huh?.....maybe so they won't slip off so easily.

I would have thought that the selling of small condoms would not be allowed in Texas. Another hole in the myth that everything in Texas is bigger. :p

jay

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by blackwood@Apr 21 2005, 09:34 AM
[post=302838]Quoted post[/post]​
yeah, I also must have missed this particular stereotype somehow. someone tell us what "they" say about italians (or italian penises, presumably)?

Goon: The fact that they only measured flaccid cocks really doesn't tell you much, does it?

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When i read about these studies my first thought is to my own experience:
How have the Italians i've known intimately measured up?
Or the Asians, or the whatevers?

I have never slept with a non-hung Italian, thats all i will say.I'm sure they exist but i never met them.
hee.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Goon@Apr 21 2005, 09:50 AM
The fact that they only measured flaccid cocks really doesn't tell you much, does it?
[post=302911]Quoted post[/post]​

I'd agree with you there Goon. While flaccid size can probably be a measurement, its generally not the measurement that is the most important one in most people's eyes.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, this study didn't illuminate anything for me, the sample size was too small and flaccid cocks don't tell the tale.

For anyone who hasn't heard it, the common thought is that Italians are well hung and great lovers. Only having had two Italian lovers personally, I can say that it was true of those two, but both of them were also "sluts" to begin with! One of them was a mcuh older man I saw off and on for over seven years, my longest ltr.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I've kept it a secret until now but I am 1/16 Italian. Very diluted in the bloodline but I think that's where my endowment comes from lol.

That's how absurd it is to say every Italian guy is hung, one I went to school with (okay he was Sicilian) wasnt very big. BTW I really am 1/16th Italian :)

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Well, being part Italian here, I would like to vouch for the stereotype LOL

However, I've got so much other European blood mixed in, I don't know where I got my size from, or if it was a combination of factors.

I've said it before, there is no race that is significantly larger than any other. One may hang larger than another when soft, but an erection is the big equalizer.

neuromancer:
Originally posted by prepstudinsc@Apr 21 2005, 03:23 PM
Well, being part Italian here, I would like to vouch for the stereotype LOL

However, I've got so much other European blood mixed in, I don't know where I got my size from, or if it was a combination of factors.

I've said it before, there is no race that is significantly larger than any other. One may hang larger than another when soft, but an erection is the big equalizer.
[post=303015]Quoted post[/post]​

Highly unscientific, but every Italian guy I have been with, except one, has been VERY NICE down there. And the one that wasn't was still a tazmanian devil in bed.

Gimme some pasta baby.

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
I may be hung but I was saying my great great grandmother was the Italian in the family lol. So I don't have much Italian in me, although I do have the melanin content/concentration thing where I tan easily, my nan has that too.

And yeah soft size isn't an indicator I think it was pretty much a pointless study.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Altairion+Apr 21 2005, 05:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Altairion &#064; Apr 21 2005, 05:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Goon@Apr 21 2005, 09:50 AM
The fact that they only measured flaccid cocks really doesn&#39;t tell you much, does it?
[post=302911]Quoted post[/post]​

I&#39;d agree with you there Goon. While flaccid size can probably be a measurement, its generally not the measurement that is the most important one in most people&#39;s eyes.
[post=302974]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Not the most important one in most people&#39;s eyes, nor the most stable one, guys. The erected penis, when at it&#39;s peak, doesn&#39;t vary nearly as much as the flaccid penis. Just the knowledge that "hey, I&#39;m going to be measured&#33;" could cause a noticeable difference in length, in addition to all the other physical influences such as temperature and recent &#39;activity&#39;. Nevertheless, all things involving dick measurements has its intriguing aspects. :bounce:

Bananaman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Just a guess, but maybe Italians tend to be showers more often than not. I&#39;m 75% Italian, and my size changes very little from soft to hard. As to all Italians being hung, all I can tell you is that I had a close friend as a kid (teenager) that definitely was not, and he was full blood Italian. So much for stereotypes.

B-man

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Dr. Dilznick@Apr 21 2005, 05:16 AM
Looks like the study was predisposed to conclude that there is no significant difference between the two groups.
[post=302881]Quoted post[/post]​
How, pray tell, would they be "predisposed to conclude that there is no significant difference"? Saying something&#39;s "predisposed to conclude XYZ" only works if you have actual statistical evidence.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
While vacationing in Rome, Florence and Naples, I was not exactly a model of chastity. The guys were rather readily available. I don&#39;t remember how many of the local dudes I did while there (I do know that it was in the double digits), but I do remember only three appeared to be over the 7" mark. My conclusion is that small, medium and large are available among the Italians, but medium is much more common than the other two options.

lokican

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think the purpose of this study was to prove asians are just as hung as everyone else. From the pics i&#39;ve seen it seems to be true asains ( meaning oriental) have more below average men than any other group. Can you blame them for trying to disporve otherwise because that Sterotype must suck.