You know you are tired....

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Damiaen Michaels, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Damiaen Michaels

Damiaen Michaels New Member

Albums:
    ....when you swear that things are crawling across your desk....and there ain't nothing there.

I really should get some rest, but after 42 hours awake (covering massive breaking news up here)....I tried to get some sleep (couple hours) and started to WAKE UP!

Don't you hate that, when you are finally able to sleep and your body/mind goes..."nah, you don't need to sleep...wake up time"....and you start to wake up. Hate that....

So, I will sit here for awhile longer (waiting for this shift to end...in 6 hours) and keep seeing things "crawling" across my desk out the corners of my eyes (that means I am really, really tired) and pray there is no more news, cause if I have to report on anything, it will be standing in front of a camera either drooling and babbling...and falling asleep. Wait, that might be good TV:biggrin1:

Rock on,

Damiaen
    aka Sleepy Dude

2. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Y'see, I'm sufficiently old-fashioned to be satisfied with a digest of recent events at the end of each week, delivered by the pony express. :rolleyes:

You know you are tired... when you accidentally let the phrase "for fuck's sake" slip while speaking to your rather puritanical mother. Trust me on this; it was my mini-family-crisis moment for today. :redface: :cool: :biggrin1:

Please make your way directly to the Insomnia thread.
    Do not pass "Go".
    Do not collect $200.
    :tongue:

3. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

I hate sleep deprivation, probably because I'm a really heavy sleeper - left to my own devises, I'll happilly sleep 12 hours a day and be awake 12 hours.

I hate it when I start to go to bed only for my body to unlock some energy reserve leaving me lying in bed completely awake, best thing then is to just waste time untill you're tired again.

I think the thing I find most annoying is if I need a good night's sleep, I need to get up early in the morning, and I've gone to bed late, and then my cock wants attention. I hate lying awake popping a tent trying not to think about sex or masturbating and just trying to sleep. I don't think I've ever succeeded, so I allways have to wake up a bit and give it attention.

Out of interest, what story were you covering?

4. dudepiston

dudepiston New Member

I'm curious now too...what story, man? Sounds interesting, something happening up there in Alaska. I've not heard about it down here, yet.

And yeah I agree with SGOT.....popping a tent when you're trying to sleep is a pain but it's useless to just ignore it. They say orgasm releases hormones & enzymes that promote good sleep - so it's a very inexpensive sleeping pill :)

5. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

I usually pull over when tired. I did not once because “I could make the last ½ hour of the drive.” I was drowsing when I swerved at highway speed to miss the police car parked across the highway with his lights on. I nearly hit the ditch, but kept control. When I checked my rear view to see why he was in the middle of the road I was a little worried to see that there was nothing but black highway. No car, no cop, no lights. I pulled over despite the fact that I was (momentarily) wide awake and took a nap.

6. Damiaen Michaels

Damiaen Michaels New Member

Albums:
    Hey All,

FINALLY, got some sleep....crashed in the break room with my feet up on another chair. They covered me up with a blanket and I was out for at least 7 hours.

What I was covering, was a stock-owning group is suing BP "over the corroded pipeline that slowed the flow of oil at Prudhoe Bay". So, we had to take the live truck and drive the 8 hours up to get the story about that.

On the way back (another 8) we find out that there was a school shooting in Teller (75 miles from Nome)....thankfully it was a false alarm of sorts (not that we knew that), and a 19 year old came into the school and decked a social worker....but we went out there (via plane) and did a live report for the 5p, 6p, and 10p last night.

This all after pulling a 24 hour shift as lead reporter. Lead reporter is the person who goes out when breaking news...well breaks. We all get a turn at it...it gives a couple people a day off too.

So my shift ended at Noon and I got 7 hours of sleep, got up at 7p for the nightshift........and NOTHING is happening. I LIKE IT!

It is rare that we have half a dozen things going on like that in AK, but when it does, we are usually on top of it. Though, it is rare for AK stories to make it to the lower 48. Last one I heard about that NBC/CNN used was the ship that overturned off the Aleutians back a few months ago....so, unless it is something big, it is rare that is makes lower 48 news.

Rock on,

Damiaen
    Teh Nightshift Dude

Draft saved Draft deleted