You sad fuck neocons

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe the problem with some Republicans you WANT something to be wrong. You are wanting Barack to be the source of all ills of the world.

It's odd timing that you should post the above, it reminds me of something I read a few days back. I can't recall where or the exact language ... it was something of a word play - along the lines of:

"In America, it should really be only 'US', but there seems to be a stubborn minority who are bent solely on ensuring there will always be a 'them'".

I'll be the first to concede it's rather ... twee, but I also think it sums up my general feeling about much of the polarisation and [IMO] fear driven diatribes I've seen in this forum, especially lately.

I mention it in this thread, because even taking into account the membership loading, primarily (though not exclusively and certainly not universally) this seems to stem from US posters, from both sides of the aisle.

AUS-WA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
the world too should be glad to see such a man in office. everything your country does, my county follows, and so does many others.

This is why our country sucks so much. Pity our douchebag politicians can't grow a pair and start making their own decisions.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's odd timing that you should post the above, it reminds me of something I read a few days back. I can't recall where or the exact language ... it was something of a word play - along the lines of:

"In America, it should really be only 'US', but there seems to be a stubborn minority who are bent solely on ensuring there will always be a 'them'".

I agree.

THE US v. THEM CONSPIRACY. :eek:

Sounds like a title for another Robert Ludlum novel. :smile:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is why our country sucks so much. Pity our douchebag politicians can't grow a pair and start making their own decisions.

Your country is not suckable. There are some wonderful things about Australia/New Zealand. Like America--you have some great people, places, culture and spirit. There is beauty in the world, too.

Politicians are only douchebags when they do not consider what is in the best interests of ALL people.

Mackey

Just Browsing
Media
I have alot of friends who are democrats and racist. I'm black myself, and most of my friends are black and Mexican. Alot of them are really racist towards white people even though they have limited contact with them. Don't know where they pick that up.

I don't consider myself democrat or republican, by the way.

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
At the risk of stirring up the hornet's nest, I'd like to know how neoconservatism differs from fascism. Is neoconservatism just a rebranding of a political philosophy whose name has become a taboo?

D

deleted15807

At the risk of stirring up the hornet's nest, I'd like to know how neoconservatism differs from fascism. Is neoconservatism just a rebranding of a political philosophy whose name has become a taboo?

Well if you look at the dictionary definition what Bush and Cheney and their Republican enablers ran comes very close if not in name then certainly in intent.

1. often Fascism
    1. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
    2. Oppressive, dictatorial control.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well if you look at the dictionary definition what Bush and Cheney and their Republican enablers ran comes very close if not in name then certainly in intent.

1. often Fascism
    1. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

The US under Bush is to fascism as a chesty cold is to pneumonia.

sparky11point5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sargon ---

I think this definition is pretty close, and agree about the Bush years. For example, the disclosure of Valerie Plane as a CIA agent was an attempt to punish Joe Wilson and quash any political dissent about the justification for the Iraqi war. This was not as bad as, say, burning the Reichstag and blaming the Communists, but it is nevertheless political intimidation and dirty tricks unworthy of the President.

The missing piece however is how Fascism engaged industrialists and other corporate interests. German, Italian, Spanish corporations embraced and collaborated with the Fascist governments. Some of their motivation was political, since pre-war both countries had an entrenched upper-class. However, a lot of it was just the drive to make money from government contracts and spending.

This was clearly in evidence during the Bush years, particularly with the outsourcing of government to private contractors. I don't see this with the Obama administration, although as a centrist he is clearly committed to the status quo on Wall Street. This seems uncomfortably corporatist to me, but much different than the crony capitalism of Bush.

1. often Fascism

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

1. often Fascism
    1. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, (pretty funny, did the president make laws under the Bush Admin?) stringent socioeconomic controls, (find me one) suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship,(what opposition domestically, and how?) and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism(Again, how does this relate to the administrion?).
    2. Oppressive, dictatorial control. (Impossible under Constitution)

Not one single element of the definition matches. This is a sadly pathetic reach. Nice try though.:rolleyes:

D

deleted15807

The missing piece however is how Fascism engaged industrialists and other corporate interests.

One could argue that the incestuous relationship between the Treasury and Wall Street makes it hard to determine who is on what side. Government officials come from Wall Street and when they are done return to Wall Street. In one position you are to police the very industry you came from and indeed may go back to.

Not one single element of the definition matches. This is a sadly pathetic reach. Nice try though.:rolleyes:

star from your threads:

Time is the fire in which we burn and I certainly don't want to burn my time on someone who starts a thread 'Colon Powell......'. Why would I ever bother?

Last edited by a moderator: