You weird Yanks :-)

Elmer Gantry

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Darn right. We've initiated such culinary delights as pineapple on pizza and beetroot in hamburgers. Not to mention the meat pie (staple diet of Australian tradesmen for nearly a century).

We're also the only country in the world that happily eats it's own mascot on it's coat of arms (emu and kangaroo burgers are great!)

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Darn right. We've initiated such culinary delights as pineapple on pizza and beetroot in hamburgers. Not to mention the meat pie (staple diet of Australian tradesmen for nearly a century).

We're also the only country in the world that happily eats it's own mascot on it's coat of arms (emu and kangaroo burgers are great!)

I know, I've usually eaten well when I've been in your neck of the woods, and if not well, then heartily. Now, who's for a Corgi burger?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate most lunch meats but hate Bologna most of all. The only thing worse than Bologna is a hot a.k.a. fried Bologna sandwich. :yuck::eek1: Where I grew up it was often served with a slice of yellow american cheese. :puke::yuck::eek1: :puke:

Bologna reminds me of a Southern favorite: fried bologna sandwich. Bologna [pron. bah lohn ee, in the south] is cut around the edge to minimize curling and grilled in a skillet until slightly brown. After it's cooled put mustard or mayonnaise on bread slices and about two slices of the bologna. I loved it as a kid!

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We don't eat nearly as much offal as you seem to think, I don't know anyone who's eaten brains, pancreas or bollocks, I do know people who've eaten tripe but mainly people of my mum's generation, liver is probably the offal most commonly eaten over here, but it's no longer the cheap option it used to be, the local butcher last year was selling calves liver for £13 a pound making it more expensive than his fillet steak.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I grew up on Best Foods in California. When I moved to Georgia, Best Foods was Hellmans, but then I was introduced to Blue Plate. OMG, there is nothing like Blue Plate Mayonaise. And now I'm in Arkansas, and no BP. Serious withdrawl.

One of the great pleasures in life is a kitchen sink sandwich. White bread, preferably Colonial (another southern staple) Mayonaise, and lots of it, and thick sliced tomatoes. Salt the tomatoes, cover with the other slice of bread, roll your sleeves up and stand over the sink. Pure heaven.

We've had bad luck with tomatoes in our garden for the past 2 years. This year we have had a serious crop. I've been canning and freezing them for 2 weeks now.

Your tomatoe sandwich description really got my saliva flowing. Blue Plate mayonaise must be pretty special. The next time your near Reno, Nevada bring some of your fresh garden tomatoes, Colonial white bread and BP mayonaise and we'll eat some serious sloppy tomatoe sandwiches, outdoors is better than over a sink.