You wouldn't make it in pro football

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by BigA, Nov 25, 2006.

1. BigA

BigA New Member

Haha, they have a new one in this advertising campaign where this little white guy is undressing next to these big black guys then he grabs this huge jock strap, and they say "you wouldnt make it in pro football". I forget what it's advertising but it's great

2. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

I like the idea of that commercial you're referring to, but I can actually imagine more humorous ideas. Why does it have to be a brick-shithouse-type black "stud" sizing down the white "wimp"? Couldn't they just reverse the roles, or are they afraid of protests?

For more saucy advertising/marketing/commercials ideas, check my signature.

3. spartalee

spartalee New Member

acually in the comercial the guy on the left is a wite dude with huge muscles and the guy on the right is the black guy with mhuge muscles. and the little guy in the middle is like a buck 35 tops looking real scared so its balanced

4. naughty

Gold Member

I love that commercial! We were all cracking up when we saw it during the last Ravens game! It was funny because it had NOTHING to do with Football.

5. BigA

BigA New Member

After further review (lol), there are three big muscled guys -- 2 of them are black. It is funnier since the guy in between is small and white -- because of the stereotypes i guess.

The other commercial has an asian guy who is waiting to see a doctor I assume while the big muscled black guy is getting his dislocated finger snapped back into place and doesnt flinch. While the out of shape asian guy faints... lol. I guess i shud try to find links for these... brb

Edit: no luck. I don't even know what it advertises.

6. BigA

BigA New Member

Ok... Verizon Wireless is the product. i can't find it on youtube. i don't get it

7. Donk

Donk New Member

I too noticed that commercial, and thought it was funny in kind of an awkward way. Like others have mentioned, I didn't really remember what it was advertising, making it dubious as a way to sell any product.

What is really amusing is that it plays on the stereotype that big body=big penis and vice versa, which, as many of us here know, is a myth. In my own case, I'm only 5'5", but statistics indicate that more than likely my penis is bigger than any of the guys in the commercial. Obviously, one or more of them might be bigger than me, but that would just be coincidence. All I know is that I have put many football-player-size guys to shame in the showers. (Granted, I do have fairly big muscles if I do say so myself, but I had the penis before I grew the muscles.)

8. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

What a matching commercial. Wireless, small dick, get it? Why wasn't there a similar commercial when antennas started disappearing from mobile phones, or did I miss that one?

Draft saved Draft deleted