young guys and body hair- 19 y/o

wookie90

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm 19, in the bi curious stage. I'm 6ft 5" 208 lbs and I have dark body hair. It's grown all over my body in various lengths and I'm also tan. But I'm concerned what other guys and girls think. I'm jealous of the guys with smooth skin, it seems like hairy is the minority. Is there,anyone my age who can relate? I have a link to a few pics of me on Flickr (in my visitor notes), one of them I made a nice big grimace. Give me some feedback, please. And I know the older guys will tell me to be proud of it, that were men: decendants of apes. But I want to hear what guys my age think

Last edited:

wookie90

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm 19, in the bi curious stage. I'm 6ft 5" 208 lbs and I have dark body hair. It's grown all over my body in various lengths and I'm also tan. But I'm concerned what other guys and girls think. I'm jealous of the guys with smooth skin, it seems like hairy is the minority. Is there,anyone my age who can relate? I have a link to a few pics of me on Flickr (in my visitor notes), one of them I made a nice big grimace. Give me some feedback, please. And I know the older guys will tell me to be proud of it, that were men: decendants of apes. But I want to hear what guys my age think
Yeah go to my profile and under visitors messages I posted a link to Flickr called Welcome to Flickr! I have three photos of my chest on there. I can't upload on my cell.

uncuttop213

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dude, there is nothing wrong with the amount of hair you have, and like others have said, it is HOT. From your first post, I was expecting Sasquatch (there *is* a limit of too much hair, but you're not even close). As you can see from my pics on here, I have a healthy dose of hair, too, and I get a lot of complements on it. I think you're right to notice a difference in age and acceptance of hair, but you're 19, so soon enough no one will expect you to look like a twink because of your age.

Not sure what you are into, but I think you should embrace the masculine image that goes along with chest/body hair. IMHO, the perfect addition to a hairy chest is muscle to show it off. You've already got the hot abdominal V going on, so in my book you're one sexy stud.

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am quite hairy....maybe very hairy....you can see it in some of my pics. Some periods of my life i like body hair,especially on my legs and on my chest and belly area. Some other periods i hate it and find it ugly on me. Now i am in the first situation. A lot of people tell me they like my hair cuz it makes me more masculine and this excites them.
My opinion is: if u are a cute guy with a nice body(fit or muscular),hair is very hot and a huge turn on. If you are a short,very thin or fat,ugly boy with much body hair,it is just GROSS!
That's the rule for me!:)

wookie90

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Haha, sweet! Thanks for all that. I'll work on gaining some muscle, I've never felt totally comfortable with how thin I am. I was just checking you out earlier, uncuttop213. Your reply helped too, maxime, to make sense of things with an honest perspective. I'm feeling kinda horny now, lol

Last edited:

Maxime_

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am thin too but you can be thin and fit,with nice muscles,even if not overgrown!:) You can write me in private if you want to...

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hmm, I'm the same age as you and I'm a fan of body hair. I've got some meself, and sometimes I can be a little jealous of the smooth folk, but overall, I quite like it. It really does add a bit of masculinity.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Im 20yrs old, personally I prefer to be smooth. However on other people I don't care if they are smooth or hairy.

kudo451

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Unfortunately, hairiness is one of those things that people feel free to comment on and there are a lot of people who are adverse to getting with someone hairy at first. Most of the time however, I find that it is more of a lack of experience or stupidity rather than a true aversion to hair that is usually the cause. These same cretins will also coo and cuddle baby animals to their hearts content and think nothing of fur. As for me, having grown up almost totally smooth and not having to shave regularly until about 40 years old, I have to say hairy guys are a bit fascinating and studly to me in so many ways. There are a lot of people who feel that way. Its dead sexy (see all of the Bond movies!). In my opinion though its sort of better to be able to grow the hair and shave it off than to not be able to grow it at all. Having options is the shit! Being a baby face is cool and all but what can a guy do if he can't even grow a beard or mustache or have hair on his arms and legs--besides date someone who can. Which ain't so bad! ;)

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
There is nothing wrong with a built in fur coat. The fur coat makes you different, it sets you apart from the crowd and even more important as a minority you will find many individuals who are very turned on to hair. Yes, there are some that are not, but, there are people who love it. I am a "wookie" and I am extremely hairy. I have hair on my bitt, back shoulders chest and belly and it just seems to grow contentedly. When I was young and my fur was starting to grow, I was of course nervous. I did go through a period of self doubt. It took me time to realize that those who complained or expressed views that my fur coat was not attractive had none themselves not because they shaved it, they had none because of genetics. When I not only grew to accept but love my own fur coat is when my own life changed.

Ryeguy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Some people like hair, some people don't. Personally, I don't think you're too hairy at all. That's actually a pretty average amount of hair. While guys are usually done growing at 19/20, they do get hairier for a few more years. That's probably true for both you and your friends. (Also, have you considered that some of your 'hairless' friends actually shave? Show me a guy with absolutely no chest hair and I'll show you a guy who almost certainly shaves it off. Yeah, there are a few guys with almost no body hair out there, but they end up being the minority, at least starting in the mid 20s.)

I'd suggest to run with it... lots of girls and guys like it that way, for whichever way you swing... but if it bothers you (and how you feel about yourself is ultimately the important thing), just manscape. Plus, you're 6'5" and 208 -- you can't be perfect :p