Young Male Prostrate Problems

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by try2hard, Feb 14, 2010.

1. try2hard

try2hard New Member

Hi everyone. I am a young man (22) and think I might be having some minor enlarged prostrate problems. How common are prostrate problems in young men?

The last few days, I have felt a powerful urge to urinate and then when I do, I either have a weaker flow than normal or don't have much urine volume. I have no other symptoms other than the above. I ejaculate normally.

I isn't an STD because #1: I ALWAYS play safe. #2 I was tested less than a month ago and haven't had sex with anyone since I was tested.

I don't feel at this point that it is a serious problem, I'm just curious to know if anyone else has any experience with this issue.

Thanks guys! I really enjoy this site and everyone on it.

2. joeweekend

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Was your urine really concentrated? Drink more water.

And masturbate frequently and exercise your kegels.

3. AlextheRedhead

Gold Member

Albums:
    See a doctor right away, they can give you a pill that will help reduce the size. Just to be safe don't wait for it to go away.You are young and that helps. Just curious do you use a dildo when you are playing? Sometimes that will make the prostrate enlarge.

4. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Your symptoms would indicate that a trip to the Doctor's is in order. An enlarged prostate is only ONE of the things that can cause your symptoms. Enlarged prostates in someone as young as you is VERY rare.

5. Silvertip

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    To the best of my knowledge such a symptom of prostate enlargement in a man your age is very uncommon. But there are other things that could cause the same symptom. Regardless, it's an area of your anatomy that you don't want to take any chances with and I would highly recommend that you see a doctor (with quite likely a follow up visit to a urologist.) I understand your confidence that it isn't anything serious, but it just wouldn't be prudent to let the situation develop any further.

6. chad88

chad88 New Member

I'm 21 and two years ago I had this same problem. It turned out to be a urethral stricture - a tear in the lining of my urethra. I had to have a VERY minor surgery to have the scar tissure removed, and that brought my flow right back to normal and stopped the constant need to urinate. That could be it, but, like many have already said, it could be a number of things.

7. chrisj428

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My prostrate problem typically is worst on Monday morning when the alarm first goes off. I have a light on a timer, which helps.

8. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    It could also be an infection of the prostate (only one r). Left untreated these can become chronic and very difficult to treat successfully. Young guys get them fairly commonly. See a doctor.
    Dave

#8 Dave NoCal, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  9. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

This has to be diagnosed and treated by an MD. The most common cause in a younger man us not BPH. Very often the problem is common "prostatitis". The cause of this needs to be found and treated.

If any MD comes back and tries to give medication that is associated with BPH get on your track shoes and run away from that idiot. At your age, and when I was your age what I learned was that some men produce more than they expel. Once the problem is fixed make certain that the removal process is as efficient as the production process. In young men lack of removal can this cause prostatitis.

Get to the MD, get it checked and expect to be dealing with this one for 1-2 months. If it can be cleared quickly, you are REALLY lucky!

Do not ask me why, but slightly acidifying your urine helped me when I managed to have this problem. Unless there is some problem with it for you, drown your sorrows in Cranberry Juice for a while as well as the treatment.

10. lakecreeker

lakecreeker Member

Albums:
    There could be several different things going on. Be the man that you are and take care of your health. Get to a doctor. Have you had your blood sugar checked, one of the signs of diabetes can be the urge of frequent urination, there could be infections somewhere, who knows there could be a tumor lurking in there too. So do the Man thing and get to a doctor. Have you ever done a self exam of your testes? Get a good check over. And there is no need to be embarassed to go to the doctor for that either.

11. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Member

I've been dealing with this since I was in high school. Prostatitis. I get it every few years and it lasts for 2-3 months. Feeling like I need to pee, weak flow, stops and starts.

See a urologist, but if it is prostatitis, and they can't find a bacterial cause, be prepared to let time run its course ... sadly there's no quick fix for abacterial prostatitis.

Good luck,
    Eisenhower

12. Ericsson1228d

Ericsson1228d Member

Could be many things, but you must see a doctor.

It could be prostatitis, or even something like a small distal ureteral kidney stone sitting near the ureterovesicular junction (where the ureter meets the bladder). Small stones could travel unnoticed until they reach this most narrow part of the ureter, and produce symptoms of frequent and/or burning urination.

In any case, see a doctor, and always good advice to drink lots of water.

13. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

this is most likely a symptom; your MD will look for the cause.

14. jumbo747jet

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

It sounds more like cystitis or prostatitis than a enlarged prostate.

Make an appointment with your doctor so that you can get peace of mind

15. Prtam

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I would definitely go to the doctor. For years, since my early 20's, I had horrible symptoms of an enlarged prostate. I, however, would always get discharge. STD tests always came back negative. Antibiotics always helped. However, upon palpation, doctors would always disagree that my prostate was enlarged, regardless of the hypersensitivity. The problem went away for years, only to come back again last year.

This time, I had the same symptoms, discharge, pain, fullness, etc. I went to the doctor, and he gave me a round of antibiotics. This time it didn't help and I ended up with a high fever and in the hospital. Turns out, I've been getting kidney infections. Had nothing to do with my prostate.

Definitely go to the doctor and find out what is going on.

16. Ohioguy

Ohioguy Member

See the doctor. Were you having a lot of sex and then abruptly cut off from sex? This happened to me often when I would break up with a steady girlfriend and before I again became active with another girl.

17. prepky

prepky New Member

Albums:
    could be a UTI, with the feeling of having to void all the time, the stream would be weak due to having very little urine in the bladder to void.

Draft saved Draft deleted