Young people changing rooms

dlk1p45

Experimental Member
Media
Why is it that young people in changing rooms dont like to get naked? - Why do they prefer to try and hide behind a towel - which is a lot harder to do!

Yesterday i went to the gym and went swimming. Both were for ages 18 - 21, im 19 btw.

in the swimming changing room, only two people got naked when changing, and i was the only one that got naked in the shower..
In the gym i was the only one that had a shower at all! - and people were looking at me as if i was weird. Im not rele an exibitionist, i just like to be clean and dont care who sees me, even if im there with friends.
Why are people so scared, and why dont the like changing properly?

Last edited:

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
This has been discussed here many times, and I think the general consensus was that a generational difference has been observed where the younger guys seem to be less willing to be naked in a locker room with other guys. I've noticed it myself - I'm 33 and guys around my age and older seem to be okay with being naked in the locker room and the older teens and 20-somethings cover up - sometimes even getting undressed and dressed in the shower cubby before coming out into the wider locker room.

HERCSURF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some are shy.. and frankly some dont like being looked at. If we are totally frank about it...most gyms are teeming with creepy guys who are staring, or who stake out the sauna, etc etc and even for a guy that may be gay its sort of uncomfortable. I can totally understand how a younger guy may not like that. Having played sports and all that through HS and college locker rooms dont bother me at all.. but even I cover up sometimes because there are a lot of older guys who you can just sense is looking. And dont get me going on the guy who walks from the sauna to the shower to the steam and repeats this over and over and over. lol

it matters where you go. im at college and no one really cares how they look. most guys just go free.

I have noticed this at my university where I now workout. At private clubs, there seems to me more uptight and prudish behaviour. My university shower room has both open showers and stalls. I would say the prudishness there is about 50%. The other 50% seem to be cool about being nude around other guys. When I was a student at the university (about 14 years ago) it was all open. It's a shame that they gave into the hysteria of young guys who want privacy and put in the stalls. My opinion has always been that if a guy doesn't feel comfortable with nudity in the locker room, sauna and shower, they should stay out of the locker room all together and shower at home. I think some of the young guys look like tools showering in their swimsuits, doing the towel dance, or running into a shower stall. I've had young guys chat me up while I'm naked and using the Bradley shower while they are showering in their swimsuits and when they are doing the towel dance! I think that they look ridiculous. I just think to myself, be a man and get over yourself.

thebeast1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have noticed this at my university where I now workout. At private clubs, there seems to me more uptight and prudish behaviour. My university shower room has both open showers and stalls. I would say the prudishness there is about 50%. The other 50% seem to be cool about being nude around other guys. When I was a student at the university (about 14 years ago) it was all open. It's a shame that they gave into the hysteria of young guys who want privacy and put in the stalls. My opinion has always been that if a guy doesn't feel comfortable with nudity in the locker room, sauna and shower, they should stay out of the locker room all together and shower at home. I think some of the young guys look like tools showering in their swimsuits, doing the towel dance, or running into a shower stall. I've had young guys chat me up while I'm naked and using the Bradley shower while they are showering in their swimsuits and when they are doing the towel dance! I think that they look ridiculous. I just think to myself, be a man and get over yourself.

I'd rather see the young kid with a bathing suit than the old guy walking around naked for excessive amount of time.

I'd rather see the young kid with a bathing suit than the old guy walking around naked for excessive amount of time.

I don't particularily like looking at them either, but at least they are doing what men are supposed to do in locker room/shower. With age comes confidence, and when you have confidence, you really don't give a crap what other people think. Guys showering in their swimsuit and underwear is ridiculous and extremely unhygenic.

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Young people change rooms all of the time. Bill goes to sleep in Sue's room. Jennifer goes to sleep in Ben's room. Joe goes over to sleep in Gary's room.....

thebeast1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't particularily like looking at them either, but at least they are doing what men are supposed to do in locker room/shower. With age comes confidence, and when you have confidence, you really don't give a crap what other people think. Guys showering in their swimsuit and underwear is ridiculous and extremely unhygenic.

Nothing about confidence at all... I'm completely comfortable with my cock and body, just wierded out when i'm trying to take a shower and the 40 year old man next to me keeps meat gazing. As far as unhygenic I fail to see how showering in a private stall, or getting out of a chlorinated pool and scrubbing yourself down there as you drop your drawers to put a towel on is unhygenic. It more unhygenic to walk around barefoot and sit down on a bench naked than anything.

Nothing about confidence at all... I'm completely comfortable with my cock and body, just wierded out when i'm trying to take a shower and the 40 year old man next to me keeps meat gazing. As far as unhygenic I fail to see how showering in a private stall, or getting out of a chlorinated pool and scrubbing yourself down there as you drop your drawers to put a towel on is unhygenic. It more unhygenic to walk around barefoot and sit down on a bench naked than anything.

I was referring to showering with a bathing suit or underwear on after working out is unhygenic. The area that is covered is teeming with bacteria. How can you properly wash that area when it is covered up? Do you think that chlorine really kills all bacteria? Do you have any idea what is actually in a pool that you swim in? If you did, you probably wouldn't want to swim in it anymore. It's not as clean as you think. Showering properly after using a pool is just as important as swimming after a sweaty workout. Also, do you think that leaving chlorine on your skin is healthy? It too has to be properly washed off - just look at what chlorine does to a swimsuit over a period of time. My comment about doing the "towel dance" and showering in a stall vs. an open shower has nothing to do with the concept of hygiene. Either you are twisting my words, or you don't understand my post. My comment was that I think it is strange to shower in a bathing suit or underwear in an OPEN shower. If guys are that uncomfortable with it, use a stall (which as I mentioned - my gym has both). I really couldn't give a crap which one a guy uses.

Your last comment: :confused:. I wear flip flops in the shower all the time to prevent athletes foot, and I don't sit down bare assed on benches. In fact, I remain standing until I have changed into my pants. I only sit down after that to put my socks back on. Where did that come from? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

B_am12388

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wouldn't have judged you for getting naked, that's your choice. However, personally, I too don't like getting naked in public. I just don't feel comfortable with people seeing me naked that I don't know. That's just me though.

Last edited:

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
I personally have no problem with getting naked...anywhere really, as long as it's legal, otherwise I better be intoxicated or I'm going to look pretty stupid.

No, really there is a big problem with nudity and youth. I'm still in my 20's but teens do have such an issue. I rarely see it with guys in their 20's or in college, but teens, they have some issues. Maybe it is because of the penis size, being in the press, that they feel less adequate. Who knows...I just recognize the issue is there.

schwulboy1989

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
also take into consideration where you're from...if it's anywhere in the US, nudity is just avoided like the plague...it's really a problem...Europe tends to be more relaxed about it...I know that where I'm from, nudity is usually shunned...Americans seem to have this idea that all nudity has a sexual connotation...or maybe nudity has a sexual connotation because we avoid it so much...it's a chicken/egg thing...

Why is it that young people in changing rooms dont like to get naked? - Why do they prefer to try and hide behind a towel - which is a lot harder to do!

Yesterday i went to the gym and went swimming. Both were for ages 18 - 21, im 19 btw.

in the swimming changing room, only two people got naked when changing, and i was the only one that got naked in the shower..
In the gym i was the only one that had a shower at all! - and people were looking at me as if i was weird. Im not rele an exibitionist, i just like to be clean and dont care who sees me, even if im there with friends.
Why are people so scared, and why dont the like changing properly?

smalldickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the reason most young people do not expose themselves is because of people like you guys who are discussing how great it is etc to see hot young guys in good shape naked and then discussing it.

add to your desires the idea of cameras on phones and most people don't want to be perved over or taken home for you to enjoy yourself too later on!

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Young men seem to have more body issues than when I was young, and also for some there may be religious issues. Probably a greater issue in the US and UK than in Europe.

Matt_101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I go to the gym everyday and I never get naked and shower at the gym, It is because I am not happy with my body, nothing to do with my penis size. Once I have a good body I won't mind being naked infrount of people.

Also most people at my gym are old sweaty men and I not happy looking at them in the shower, if they were fit i might do it