Younger guys and steroids

Discussion in 'Show Off' started by MichBB2003, Jun 28, 2006.

1. MichBB2003

MichBB2003 New Member

While I am a natural bodybuilder, I have known many guys from the gym who have used steroids. They have no effect on penis size, but may cause a guy's balls to shrink. The one exception is a friend who first used steroids when he was quite young--about 20 I think. In addition to the 20 lbs. of muscle he put on, his dick grew from about 9" to 10.5" during his first cycle. I didn't know him before this early cycle, but I have seen the current thick and impressive 10.5". He has not experienced penis growth during any subsequent cycles. I have run into other guys on the internet who claim that they have had similar growth when using steroids or growth hormone at a younger age, although this may be just cyberfantasy. But I am curious. Does anyone else have any verifiable experience with unusual penis growth at a young age associated with anabolic steroids or growth hormone?

Incidentally, I would NEVER advocate use of these substances for bodybuilders, especially for younger guys. This question is to satisfy my curiosity only.

2. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Penis growth continues naturally until the end of adolescence. As numerous threads have attested in the past, this means that it is far from unheard-of for penis growth to continue to age 24 in a number of cases (and certain until 20/21 is relatively common). It would be my guess that this individual's use of steroids was entirely incidental, and that he merely experienced natural growth.

3. baseball99

baseball99 New Member

theoretically it is possible. Yes testicles will shrink because testicles produce the majority of testosterone for men. If you are taking exogneous steroids (testosterone or precursors) your testicles will have no reason to produce the testosterone and will atrophy. Pretty much the same way your muscles will atrophy if you dont lift weights. Testosterone stimulates sperm production and male secondary sex characteristics
    Penis size is most likely an influence of many different traits and genes. The increase in growth, darkening of the skin, etc that a boy experiences during puberty is due to testosterone. It is theoretically possible that the supplements they took caused their penises to grow but it is unlikely. Why is it unlikely? Well testosterone also influences how tall you grow. Too much testoerone at the wrong time during development will cause your epiphyseal plates (growth plates) to harden and you will maintain a short stature. Once the growth plates are closed testosterone does not have an effect on growht anymore. Same for the penis, which means the penis responds to testosterone for growth and girth during very specific time periods so those guys would have had to have been within that time period and for some reason not have been effected with short stature. Testosterone also will cause hair loss, male pattern baldness, increase in LDL (bad cholesterol) and decrease in HDL (good cholesterol) among other things. There are some women with certain disorders, one is congenital adrenal hyperplasia (sometimes it is late onset) where when the testosterone kicks in their clitoris virilizes and begins to look more like a penis. It is possible for these clitorises to reach 4". There are also females who are XY but look totally female. This is because they have androgen insensitivity so their bodies from birth turn female even tho they were exposed to testoerone. These women will not know they are XY until puberty when they dont get their period bc they dont have endometrium. Anyways, thats my random lecture

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

All steroids - anabolic, cortical, etc etc - are hormones. Hormones are unbelievably, incredibly potent biologically active chemicals. Changes in the level of one hormone in the body can affect the levels of many other (seemingly) unrelated systems... and it only takes tiny amounts. While most medications are measured in milligrams ( a milligram is 1/28000 of an ounce), hormones dosages are usually measured in micrograms ( 1/28000000 of an ounce) and in the bloodstream, measured in picograms (1/1000 of a microgram). That's some pretty finely-tuned chemistry. Since these anabolic steroids are ILLEGAL (except for dispensing by prescription for diagnosed deficiency) they are usually obtained on black market, and dispensed by coaches/trainers/fellow athletes.

I don't know about you, but I sure wouldn't want my coach to be supplying and regulating ANY pharmaceuticals for me or anyone else, especially not hormones (such as testosterone, insulin, gonadatropin, or thyroid meds...) and anabolic steroids are no exception. It's just not worth it, IMHO.

Draft saved Draft deleted