Younger partners?

tott666: OK, I'm curious. Do you prefer your partners to be younger, roughly the same age or older than you? Or is age simply not an issue?

Some of my friends (acquaintances really) in their 30s are constantly looking for really young boys/girls. Not paedophilia young, but considerably younger than them; under 25, definitely. They haven't been very successful when it comes to relationships even though they have gotten some casual sex.

Psychologically speaking, you aren't an adult until you've passed the adolescent phase, ie roughly mid-20s. This basically means that these mature guys are looking for immature partners. A recipe for disaster?

The biggest irony here is how these older guys complain about how most kids are superficial and shallow and won't look past their "old" age. At the same time, these older guys wouldn't give the time of day to someone their own age...

tott666: Oh, just for the record: I prefer men of my own age, give or take a few years.

Also, I think the age difference doesn't matter nearly as much if both are post-adolescent compared to the post/ongoing combo.

H8Monga: Some would argue that age doesn't matter... and like Aaliyah said, age ain't nothing but a number. There will always be different maturity levels within an age group. It's another gamble. Sometimes you'll find someone who's like 20 and thinks and acts like a 40 year old and would be compatable with someone about that age than their own. It's all an individual thing. People can be shallow at all ages.

I'm 24 and in person people think I'm way older because of how I carry myself and act (helps I have thinning hair) as well as my likes. I recognize that I don't have a lot in common with my peers my age, but I'd never consider looking for a partner older than I am. If it just happens, I guess it happens. I'd prefer a female between 19 and 24. True some may be shallow and full of games etc, but there will always be those who will be genuinely well worth the search.

Your friends should keep looking for what they want. I always say never settle for less. It's a hunt.

sammygirly: I too act and think much older than my years, and I've always preferred older.

I am 25, Maximillian just turned 33. We dont notice a single year between us....

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm out of the closet now, but,
came out later than most...when
i was in my mid twenties.
Until then, all my experience had been
with women.

I'm in my thirties now,
and a friend pointed out to me that all.
of my female parnters had been older than i,
and my male parnters have all been younger.

hmmmmmmm.
I realize this is true, but have no idea why.
Weird, huh?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=tott666 link=board=relationships;num=1052652494;start=0#0 date=05/11/03 at 04:28:14]Psychologically speaking, you aren't an adult until you've passed the adolescent phase, ie roughly mid-20s. This basically means that these mature guys are looking for immature partners. A recipe for disaster?
[/quote]

Not necessarily. The advent of maturity can come at any reasonable age. For some, psychological maturity never puts in an appearance.

For casual sex, I tended to stick with guys about my own age. A 'connection' seems to exist with people who are one's own age. But my boyfriend is five years younger than me. Okay, yeah ... only five years, but keep in mind that I'm only 24 myself. Anyone younger than Dirk ... no, I'm not going to fuck the paperboy. At 19, Dirk is considerably more mature than I was at his age. But more important than age is the fact that we have a lot in common. We share interests. We like the same music, the same kinds of movies, the same food, etc. I even introduced him to opera ... and he actually likes it! And though I definitely feel that sex is important in a relationship, there has to be more in common between two people than great sex for a relationship to last.
So if find that you're compatible with someone who is considerably younger (or older) than you, why get hung up on the age difference? Be happy that you found someone right for you. That's something a lot of people can't claim.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That was so eloquently put, DMW.

(I have yet to interest any of my love interests
in opera...or even any of my friends)

I'm still looking though...younger or older...guess
if the love is there, it doesnt truly matter that much, does it?
I think, for me,
the main thing is to not have a "rule" about it.
If i said, "I ONLY date younger...or i ONLY date older"
i might miss out on the right person.

tott666: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=relationships;num=1052652494;start=0#5 date=05/11/03 at 19:23:37]

Not necessarily. The advent of maturity can come at any reasonable age. For some, psychological maturity never puts in an appearance.    
[/quote]

Well, maybe I should've put in a disclaimer in my previous post... Like you and others have pointed out, the levels and stages of maturity differ between people. Of course they do.

So, here's a belated disclaimer: In my earlier post I was generalising to make a point.

;D

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I prefer women my own age.

When I first read the subject line, I was going to tell you LPSG doesn't have an X-No-Archive feature.

tott666: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=relationships;num=1052652494;start=0#5 date=05/11/03 at 19:23:37]I even introduced him to opera ... and he actually likes it!
[/quote]

Off-topic, but anyway... TV introduced me to opera I suppose. I remember when I was a kid and saw Bergman's The magic flute on the telly. Great stuff for a kid, Mozart is like top of the pops when it comes to classical music; very likeable and digestable.

:)

Alex17inch: Most women, who are interested in my extreme size, are over 30. But women between 20 and 30 are only very few interested in me.
Amazing way are however again those very young woman under 20 y.o. are very much interested in it .

7x6andchg: I actually prefer older women...but, as stated by DMW, psychological maturity may not ever show its face, even in the aged (like a fine cheese).. :D

For me, I think it's because although I am 29, I act like I'm 40...Mr. Responsibility and Conservative most of the time...in dress, action...so I think I'm attracted to women who act the same way...methinks.

I've dated people from 21 to 33...the 33 year old was the longest relationship I've had.

7x6&C

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=7x6andchg link=board=relationships;num=1052652494;start=0#12 date=06/07/03 at 10:22:12]I've dated people from 21 to 33...the 33 year old was the longest relationship I've had.[/quote]

Yeah, 7x6, I know what you mean. My current girlfriend has been 45 for 12 years now.

;D

Pecker

Savannah: From a solely heterosexual perspective, wide age spans create a problem of different agendas. A man in his 20s or 30s has so very much yet to experience.....children, family, career, community, etc. Been there, done that....I get to spend the 2nd half of my adult life doing what I want, and my natural inclination is to seek someone in the same frame of mind.

Emotionally, younger men tend not to communicate as well (in my experience). They are hesitant to talk about fantasies or to be open about what they want. Perhaps they just aren't old enough to know.

Sexually, [in my humble opinion] men don't have a sense of finesse until they reach 50ish. Confidence is probably the number 1 attraction among my friends (this is something we discuss frequently) and is most commonly found in older men (not to be confused with swagger). The downside is that older women's sex drives are many times higher than in their 20s which can scare an older man. Dang, Catch 22......

Savannah

throb919: [quote author=tott666 link=board=relationships;num=1052652494;start=0#9 date=05/13/03 at 00:42:27]
TV introduced me to opera I suppose. I remember when I...saw Bergman's The Magic Flute on the telly...
[/quote]
A very different memory for me: The first time I saw opera on TV was in the midst of a threesome with an art history professor and his boyfriend! A cultural evening indeed. Guess I'll always have a "soft spot" for Il Pagliacci. To tie it back to topic, I was 20, they were mid-40s, and the b/f could've been a charter member of LPSG.

ShyBrunetteBabe24: I'm 24 and I prefer older guys, only because of my experiences with younger or same age men. ;)

By the way, I'm new here, nice to meet all of you! :-*

bustyredhead: First, welcome! It's always good to have more females around here to keep the straight guys at bay. lol

Anyways, I find that the mental maturity of a guy far outweighs the value of his physical age. Some 30+ guys are still teens in aging bodies, while I know some guys younger than myself (SO close to 21!) who are the best I've ever had. Also, one cannot underestimate the energy of youth. lol

- Nene (The Energizer Bunny)

Rusty2kma: I prefer younger guys(over the age of 21).The older guys ,they don't seem to be able to give me as much as I want at one time.

But ,My fiance is my age.Go figure.I have been with him for 8 years now.

If it ever so happens that I'm unattached.I would defiantly go for a younger guy.

rainfletcher: I actually prefer my partners to be 'experienced' regardless of age. While it's awesome to be the first or one of the first, just because it strokes my ego. But for a truly pleasuable experience, it helps not to have to provide a guidebook to my dick. Also, more experienced women have a better shot at taking my dick, which also helps.

Dag: [quote author=tott666 link=board=relationships;num=1052652494;start=0#0 date=05/11/03 at 04:28:14]OK, I'm curious. Do you prefer your partners to be younger, roughly the same age or older than you? Or is age simply not an issue?
[/quote]

I'm not sure why, but it's seems that I only see younger guys. My bf (soul mate) is 7 years younger than me. Age is not an issue, it seems to happen all by itself. I don't seek out younger guys.

Interesting, I do act a lot younger than my bf. Maybe it's because I have a young soul. hmm...

Cheers - dag