Your 3 most physically painful experiences

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
Damn! Some of you have suffered some serious shit! :frown1: I can't believe my family thinks I'm clumsy. No offense, but some of y'all need to live in a glass bubble. :tongue:

Awww come on! Then we'd accidentally bump the bubble lightly and piss & moan for days about how much it hurts, as opposed to going through the school of hard knocks (and falls and broken bones and lacerations) and end up being desensitized to pain. You know it's all worth it and builds character :tongue:.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Adenomyosis - Every 28-32 days like clockwork I am in such pain I literally can't do anything. I would love to be able to take Midol or Motrin for my cramps. Instead my doctor has actually prescribed Vicodin which I break in half so I can function in a non-zombie fashion for 5 days a month.

January 2005 I slid on black ice in my Volvo 940 Turbo Wagon and totaled it. I was out of work for 4 months. Oh and to add insult to my injury the NJ Turnpike authority sent me a bill for the guard rail I took out. :irked: I still have PTSD and back pain from this accident. :frown1:

BirdinMo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Holy god I can't fathom this pain. I had a catheter, and jesus that hurt. But it not being removed properly...
LOL. The night nurse did'nt know what to think of me because about every hour I would hit the call button and ask for a cup of ice water and I would hand her back a cup of water. LOL. I was sticking my "junk" in the ice water to help with the pain. Did that for about 2 days then switched to a cold washcloth for another day. Every time I would try to get up to go use the rest room I would cry just sitting up. So I had a pee bottle on my bed that I could justroll over and pee in. Still hurt like a bitch to do that. I had a room mate at the time to about the same age and he was one of those "yes sir no sir yes ma'am no ma'am please and thank you" guys who you were ready to beat to a bloody pulp by an hour.And I had to have his mom come clothes the curtin between us a few times so they could'nt see me go pee because I knew they would'nt like it. Plus all the cold stuff I had been doing to my penis made it not a great sight to see. LOL.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In high school, while surfing, I stepped on a stingray and it put it's barb in my right ankle. The barb broke off inside and had to be dug out by my friend's Dad (he's a doctor). The pain lasted for months.

Again surfing, I fell off the board and into a Portuguese Man of War jelly fish. The water was shallow and I stood up covered in stinging tentacles. I had stings over about 75% of my body. My mum put ammonia soaked cloths on them and the pain cleared up in a few hours.

I kicked a board in the workshop because I was pissed off at the old man. A splinter of teakwood about 4 inches long and half an inch at the butt went into my foot. Cleaning out the hole with peroxide at the emergency room was a peak experience. :eek:

There's been ton's of others LOL Motorcycles, skiing, work, skydiving... broken arms, legs, jaw, a toe... lot's of fun!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Forgot about:
  • The dry sockets after wisdom tooth removal in high school. :yikes: Never drink from a straw after an extraction.
  • November 1998 - Myomectomy they vaginally removed 3 uterine fibroids the size of large pears. I had to sit on a pillow for a month. :irked:
  • Vulvar Biopsy due to Vulvar Cancer which led to ---->
  • Wide margin excision of my lower right labia, followed by a post-op Staphylococcus Aureus which damn near killed me. :mad::frown1:
Adenomyosis - Every 28-32 days like clockwork I am in such pain I literally can't do anything. I would love to be able to take Midol or Motrin for my cramps. Instead my doctor has actually prescribed Vicodin which I break in half so I can function in a non-zombie fashion for 5 days a month.

January 2005 I slid on black ice in my Volvo 940 Turbo Wagon and totaled it. I was out of work for 4 months. Oh and to add insult to my injury the NJ Turnpike authority sent me a bill for the guard rail I took out. :irked: I still have PTSD and back pain from this accident. :frown1:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
1...Crushed Right thumb to a flat smear when It was caught between oaken panels on a couple hundred pound garage door with a broken spring. Nail gone, bone broken to a powder... docs nearly cut it off till I told him I was an artist.

2... weeks later, lumpy mishapen reconstructed thumb is to be re-dressed and examined by orthopedic guy...
Dressing was fused to the "nail bed" where the thumbnail used to be with blood and crusty gunk...Doc just grabbged the thumb and tore the dressing off... felt like having a thumbnail torn off with pliers... Turned green and passed out from the pain... I was told later by a very angry doctor that I screamed like a noon day whistle...
I told him to fuck off he should have warned me he was gonna do it...

3... ruptured disc in neck, pressing on brachial nerve... result, spasming trapezius clenches vertebrae on nerve even harder.... and entire left arm feels like it is doused in flammable acid and lit on fire, 24/7.

4 months of drugs required to get nerve inflammation down to stop the pain.

Xcuze

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
1.Automobile accident, involving severing my left hand and fracturing my skull :eek:mfg:
2. Getting mowed down by a cab at Broadway and Bleeker, breaking both of my legs arms and 3 ribs :Eyecrazy:
3. Going over a side of a mountain(skiing) breaking a leg, my collar bone and arm.
:bigeyes2:

The winner is.... :flowers1:

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:)Jason and Mem... Ok..I'll try to put this in simpler terms. When you do massage or get a massage there is an Energy exchange. You feel it/they feel it. Lets say if either of you came to me with a headache or some specific pain or feeling, at the end of the massage you should feel much better. HOWEVER, if the therapist does not ground *get rid of the energy that was tranferred thru a meditation type exercise*, they will usually adopt that feeling or pain to some extent. SO in my situation, I had not learned how to let go of that energy. It was a horrible feeling and being a male, we have no clue how bad that feeling is. We all feed off energy exchange. This just happened to be one I did NOT want to get. hahahhaha

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Explanation: My first massage was on a female who had had an abortion a week earlier...and the massage was the day BEFORE her cycle was to start. The teacher did not teach us about "Grounding: aka Letting Go of the energy thats transferred during a massage." I woke up at 2am and couldn't straighten out my body in what was, at the time, the most intense pain I had ever experienced. I had to take a flexeril and a vicodin to relax and sleep. The next night at school...the girl came in all happy and feeling amazing and said.... I feel GREAT!!! Thanks so much! then whispered...I was dreading the start of my period today considering what I had just went thru...I expected it to be horrible..but it was easier than it ever had been." I said...yah I figured. She looked at me and started crying... she knew what had happened at that point.

So yah..PMS! :)

I'm so glad I'm not female.... Ya'll got some tough stuff to go thru monthly.

Sorry - my bullshit meter just went off the scale. NOT, interestingly enough because of the energy / pain transfer part of the post. OCMJ explains that in a later post and while I'm sceptical about a masseur experiencing the exact pain of his client it is not something I dismiss off hand.

No, it's this bit that has me calling liar - either to OCMJ or perhaps his client just lied to him:

3. Pre Menstral Cramps intensified by an abortion a week earlier *snip* a female who had had an abortion a week earlier...and the massage was the day BEFORE her cycle was to start

Sorry - that's not physically possible. What you are saying is that a woman who was pregnant something in the region of 7 days before you massaged her was due to start the menses* stage of her cycle the next day.

*menstruation, menses, menstruum, catamenia, period, flow (the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause) - WordNet Search - 3.0

Whether a pregnancy is ended by childbirth, miscarriage or abortion the body takes longer to reset than a week. Normally a woman will have no real idea when her periods are going to 'turn back on' - a delay of 4-6 weeks is expected. There is no way that woman could have had an abortion then gone through the follicular phase, ovulation and the luteal phase in a week. Completely impossible. She may had bled the next day - but it could not have been regular menses and she would not have known it was going to happen.

The D&C procedure is the standard method of abortion or is used in combination with another method in later stage abortions - this basically 'cleans out' the uterus, scraping away the lining. So even when this procedure is performed on a non-pregnant woman who would have been due to start menses a week later she will not get her period.

Sorry OCMJ - like I said, maybe your client lied to you about her circumstances. Maybe she just had a D&C and was in pain from that, maybe she just had a bad period, maybe she'd had an abortion 4-6 weeks earlier - but what you say / believe you experienced is not possible.

Last edited:

:)Jason and Mem... Ok..I'll try to put this in simpler terms. When you do massage or get a massage there is an Energy exchange. You feel it/they feel it. Lets say if either of you came to me with a headache or some specific pain or feeling, at the end of the massage you should feel much better. HOWEVER, if the therapist does not ground *get rid of the energy that was tranferred thru a meditation type exercise*, they will usually adopt that feeling or pain to some extent. SO in my situation, I had not learned how to let go of that energy. It was a horrible feeling and being a male, we have no clue how bad that feeling is. We all feed off energy exchange. This just happened to be one I did NOT want to get. hahahhaha

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I appreciate it very much.

A transfer of energy and grounding? Hmm. Couid it be that sympathetic psychosomatic symptoms are common psychological responses amongst massage therapists and the grounding thing is a placebo ritual effective in preventing it?

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. There are strange things in this world which I have found no answers to, but are there any independent studies or experiments that validate this claim? I'm skeptical. :redface:

This is something I definitely want to talk about with my massage therapist/SI.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry - that's not physically possible. What you are saying is that a woman who was pregnant something in the region of 7 days before you massaged her was due to start the menses* stage of her cycle the next day.

*menstruation, menses, menstruum, catamenia, period, flow (the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause) - WordNet Search - 3.0

Whether a pregnancy is ended by childbirth, miscarriage or abortion the body takes longer to reset than a week. Normally a woman will have no real idea when her periods are going to 'turn back on' - a delay of 4-6 weeks is expected. There is no way that woman could have had an abortion then gone through the follicular phase, ovulation and the luteal phase in a week. Completely impossible. She may had bled the next day - but it could not have been regular menses and she would not have known it was going to happen.

The D&C procedure is the standard method of abortion or is used in combination with another method in later stage abortions - this basically 'cleans out' the uterus, scraping away the lining. So even when this procedure is performed on a non-pregnant woman who would have been due to start menses a week later she will not get her period.

Sorry OCMJ - like I said, maybe your client lied to you about her circumstances. Maybe she just had a D&C and was in pain from that, maybe she just had a bad period, maybe she'd had an abortion 4-6 weeks earlier - but what you say / believe you experienced is not possible.
Hmm, I had a D&C on 12/2/08. As MB said they scraped away the utering lining. Mine was 18mm and causing me much pain. A normal utering lining is about 5 mm. Anywho I had some abdominal pain for about 3 days and spotting. Then I was fine. My period started 12/9/08, 4 days early. :irked: So you can have a period a week after a D&C. I guess every woman is different though.

Nala

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
1. Inflamed kidneys, almost killed me.

2. Enduring 5,5 months of pregnancy with a few dislocated vertebras, no effective painkillers were allowed. *Positive part: I didn't even feel the contractions.

3. Sports accident which resulted in teared ligaments in my knee (cruciate ligament as well), a shattered meniscus and part of my tibia pulled off. I stumbled around for a week before the doctor realized I needed surgery.

Most recent not-so-enjoyable event: All the muscles and tendons of my left arm from wrist to shoulder were inflamed.

A high pain threshold is not a bad thing in itself. It becomes annoying when doctors fail to realize I am in need of serious medical help when I tell them so without showing them the common corresponding expressions of pain.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Hmm, I had a D&C on 12/2/08. As MB said they scraped away the utering lining. Mine was 18mm and causing me much pain. A normal utering lining is about 5 mm. Anywho I had some abdominal pain for about 3 days and spotting. Then I was fine. My period started 12/9/08, 4 days early. :irked: So you can have a period a week after a D&C. I guess every woman is different though.

You bled a week later, NJ - it wasn't a regular period. If you had your uterine lining scraped out the egg you had ovulated was scraped out with it.