Your accomplishments at the gym

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
I have been going to the gym hardcore for the last 2.5 months now and I am rather proud of my accomplishments. :smile: And I want to brag a little! For those that go to the gym, what are your recent accomplishments that you are proud of ? I'll share mine feats below.

Running: When I first started, it took about 13-15 minutes to finish 1 mile. Now I can run 1 mile in 10:30. I can run 5 km comfortably in 40 minutes and its my goal to try to get between 25 - 30 minutes, which I think is attainable.

Squats: Initially I could only squat my body weight. Now I can squat the bar plus 45 pounds. Looking to push up to 50 by next week.

Pushups: Initially, I could not even do a regular push up. My trainer told me to do girl pushups instead. The best I could do three months ago was 12-15 ups. Last week, I got up to 25 - 30, and my trainer made me try regular pushups in which I was able to accomplish 5 for now :)

Bench press - Three months ago, I could only lift the bar, and last week I was able to do the bar plus 10 lbs. I am able to do the first 4-6 reps of each set by myself before my trainer has to help me out with the last 2-3 reps.

Squats with dumbbells - My trainer initially had me start off with 12 lbs and now I'm up to 20 lbs.

Planks - Initially was only able to do planks for 15 seconds and now I'm working up to 45 seconds, though through 3rd and 4th sets, my body starts to max out at 30 seconds. Once I got up to 43 seconds and I said "Do I have to do the last 2 seconds?" And my trainer made me finish the last 2 seconds, which was funny.

There's a whole bunch of other things I've done but I thought a few examples would be suffice. :smile:

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Congradualtions, that is very inspiring. Sure, brag a little. Is there such a thing as a positive vent, or rant?

OK, I will get my ass on the stationary bike right now. See, its contagious!
(I have been putting off today, but today is my "leg day".)
Thanks for the pat on the butt.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pushups: Initially, I could not even do a regular push up. My trainer told me to do girl pushups instead. The best I could do three months ago was 12-15 ups. Last week, I got up to 25 - 30, and my trainer made me try regular pushups in which I was able to accomplish 5 for now :)
*high five* Being able to do "real" push-ups has to be my greatest accomplishment thus far. :yup: My next goal has to be chin ups, but I want to lift heavier as well. :)

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I work out at home but still...

Pull ups / aka chin ups: Used to only be able to do 5 now I do sets of 10 easily

Press ups / aka push ups: Started off doing 10, 20 is very easy now. Soon I might be able to get back to being able to do sets of 50.

Cycling: It used to kill me doing ten minutes now I can do 30 mins of constant cycling quite easily.

Sit ups: Struggled to do 10 now sets of 20 are easy.

All this in the past week.

The most important thing is remembering to breathe at the right time, and keeping your "form" correct / straight. If one of those goes wrong, you won't be doing many of your chosen exercise.

Try crossing your feet together (interlocking) when doing press ups. And to start with don't spread your arms too wide. The wider you spread them the harder it is to press up.

Well done everyone! The most important thing is to keep it up. Don't be like me...one week on and two weeks off :tongue:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That reminds me to try chin ups. :/ I can barely hang from the bar. lol
:biggrin1: You'll get there!
I have a spot and can still only do like 2. But I feel all accomplished when I hang there for a minute trying to complete the 3rd, haha. :09:

Well done everyone! The most important thing is to keep it up. Don't be like me...one week on and two weeks off :tongue:
This is why I have to get it in daily. If not, my schedule would be more like one week on and a month off. :08: